Kings vs. Celtics a Scheduled Loss

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Did anyone see the Celtics beat the Kings by 25 points? The Kings may have played good defense, but so many airballs did them in and they didn't hit their average points per game (121) which they lead the league. They didn't look tired so it seems they considered it a scheduled loss.
The Kings lost their last 2 games, Jazz and Celtics. That's 5 games played in 7 days. Does it matter that they lost to the Celtics, an Eastern Conference team? Maybe not, but the next 4 games will be against Western Conference teams. Tonight they play the Suns at home after 2 days rest. There are 10 regular season games to go. I predict the Kings will win 5 or 6 of the next 10 games. Magic #4 now and the playoffs coming.

Did anyone see the Celtics beat the Kings by 25 points? The Kings may have played good defense, but so many airballs did them in and they didn't hit their average points per game (121) which they lead the league. They didn't look tired so it seems they considered it a scheduled loss.
The Kings lost their last 2 games, Jazz and Celtics. That's 5 games played in 7 days. Does it matter that they lost to the Celtics, an Eastern Conference team? Maybe not, but the next 4 games will be against Western Conference teams. Tonight they play the Suns at home after 2 days rest. There are 10 regular season games to go. I predict the Kings will win 5 or 6 of the next 10 games. Magic #4 now and the playoffs coming.

Yesterday Dallas lost to Golden State. All the top teams are so close in the west that one loss can knock you out of the playoffs. I think Dallas is not a play in team. Not top 6. If the won last night that would have been huge for them. I love it because these regular games matter. They are beating themselves up instead of taking it easy and cruising into the playoffs. The stress they must all be feeling.

Dallas, Suns, Lakers, OMG I thought it would be one of these teams in the finals. Now I'm not so sure.

I can't believe Denver is number one, Grizzleys number 2 and Kings number 3. What??? I'd love to see Gianni whip Ja Morant.

Celtics are 2.5 games behind Bucks. It will be HUGE for the Bucks to have home court advantage. I don't think they need it but it can't hurt.

Hell yea it matters that the Kings lost to the Celtics. 1, they got a taste of what the finals will be like. Can't be happy with the loss. Also Kings are the 3rd seed. You don't think they want the 2 seed?

With the Warriors win last night they are now in the playoffs (6 seed) and Dallas is in the Play in's

Bunch of overpaid crybabies playing a game in their underwear... no thanks....

• Banned
Yesterday Dallas lost to Golden State. All the top teams are so close in the west that one loss can knock you out of the playoffs. I think Dallas is not a play in team. Not top 6. If the won last night that would have been huge for them. I love it because these regular games matter. They are beating themselves up instead of taking it easy and cruising into the playoffs. The stress they must all be feeling.

Dallas, Suns, Lakers, OMG I thought it would be one of these teams in the finals. Now I'm not so sure.

I can't believe Denver is number one, Grizzleys number 2 and Kings number 3. What??? I'd love to see Gianni whip Ja Morant.

Celtics are 2.5 games behind Bucks. It will be HUGE for the Bucks to have home court advantage. I don't think they need it but it can't hurt.

Hell yea it matters that the Kings lost to the Celtics. 1, they got a taste of what the finals will be like. Can't be happy with the loss. Also Kings are the 3rd seed. You don't think they want the 2 seed?

With the Warriors win last night they are now in the playoffs (6 seed) and Dallas is in the Play in's

I would like to see the Kings win the last 10. It's possible. Last Monday the Kings routed the Bucks to a big loss.

Are the Kings' opposition onto Sabonis and found his weakness? The last 2 games may be why the losses. Do the next teams they play see it also? Maybe.

Not just that I live in Arizona, but I think the sleeper team in the West is the Suns. They will probably fade to a low seed maybe 6 or 7. But if they can have their big four healthy Booker, Paul, Ayton and Durant they could win the West.

• Banned
Not just that I live in Arizona, but I think the sleeper team in the West is the Suns. They will probably fade to a low seed maybe 6 or 7. But if they can have their big four healthy Booker, Paul, Ayton and Durant they could win the West.
I enjoy watching Booker, but all of them need to be healthy.

Yesterday they said it sucks the Clippers lost Paul George for 2 weeks but they might not need him. That's how deep they are. And Leonard may click with Westbrook.

Still, I'd like to see all these teams healthy. Even LA. I hear AD just can't carry the team by himself for more than 1 or 2 games. I don't think the Lakers have what it takes. I'd love it if they didn't even make the playoffs.

I don't see the Suns pulling it off. Durant hasn't had time to click with his new team. When he comes back who's to say they will be playing well together? One thing is for sure, when he did play last, it was very easy to have him fit in because he's unstoppable offensively and he don't miss.

What do you think about Zion? Would you trade him? He has only played something like 33% of his games. I would get rid of him if I were the Pelicans. They would be in the playoffs this year if he played 66% of the games.

Yesterday they said it sucks the Clippers lost Paul George for 2 weeks but they might not need him. That's how deep they are. And Leonard may click with Westbrook.

Still, I'd like to see all these teams healthy. Even LA. I hear AD just can't carry the team by himself for more than 1 or 2 games. I don't think the Lakers have what it takes. I'd love it if they didn't even make the playoffs.

I don't see the Suns pulling it off. Durant hasn't had time to click with his new team. When he comes back who's to say they will be playing well together? One thing is for sure, when he did play last, it was very easy to have him fit in because he's unstoppable offensively and he don't miss.

What do you think about Zion? Would you trade him? He has only played something like 33% of his games. I would get rid of him if I were the Pelicans. They would be in the playoffs this year if he played 66% of the games.
I can't remember a player as physically dominant as Zion. It looks like pros are afraid to get in front of him, I've never seen that before. But he might be one of those guys who is always going to be injured. If the terms were reasonable he might be worth the risk because he's young. Durant was a big risk because he's at the end of his career and the injuries are taking a toll. From what little I saw of him, I think he fits well because he has such a good mid range jumper. That's a big part of the Suns game.

Revenge for that horrible loss to Utah previously, the Kings are on a roll. They took down the Suns on Friday and the Jazz on Saturday.
Huerter was the Kings high scorer at 29.

The most played song on my blue iPod Mini was “Bad Day” by Daniel Powder the last time the Kings made the playoffs.

The longest playoff drought in sports has been broken. Not sure who replaces the Kings as the longest a pro team has gone without a playoff game. Last year it was Seattle, which went back to 2001.

Forum List

Back