King Charles Coronation not without problems.

It was so nice watching the Coronation.

All the nicely dressed people.

All the well-behaved people.

The orderly and organized carrying out of the event.

Wish that we had a strictly ceremonial monarch or president. S/he could be a unifying force in this country.

When the British round up all the people who were going to protest and throw them in jail the day before the king sat his pampered arse on the magic "Stone of Destiny" what do you expect other than a boring ceremony?

Oh dear, americans seethingly jealous of royals.. are we missing the style and glamour again dears??
Oh well, maybe you'll catch up eventually.. (not with Jill Biden!!)
:shutupsmiley:

Not even close. Nor are we missing the huge price tag your taxpayers foot in bad economic times.

It makes no sense to me and is silly. Those get ups, the robes and etc. What is this, 1100? Geez. You can have it, and I never would have said a word had you not mocked us first. But you did, so there's my opinion. My ancestors (literally) trounced your fancy redcoats right off the land, so I find admiration of royalty very unpatriotic.

What is it with the British and their goofy costumes? They exported their mortarboards and robes all over the world. Goofy.

Marshal%20followed%20by%20Bedels.jpg

It has been explained to me that the British monarchy is just such a beautiful tradition, it is just a symbol.
Then why do leaders of states get on airplanes and fly at taxpayers' expense to attend coronations?

Oh dear, americans seethingly jealous of royals.. are we missing the style and glamour again dears??
Oh well, maybe you'll catch up eventually.. (not with Jill Biden!!)
:shutupsmiley:
Blow me. I mock royalty because it’s nothing but pretentious bullshit for folks who refer to themselves as “subjects.”

On the other hand, I rarely give royalty any consideration at all. If you wish to pretend my indifference is jealousy, be my guest. :itsok:

Do you have any idea how much Britain has underdelivered to Ukraine by wasting money on the coronation?

Forum List

Back