Kenny Wayne Shepherd Blues Award Nomination Revoked

Are any of you assholes even from the South? If the confederate flag ever meant anything good or noble it was ruined by racist pricks. Take it up with them.

Perhaps he should keep on, keeping on and anyone who has a problem with it should mind their own fucking business,
That's exactly what the Blues Foundation is doing. They are going ahead with their event without KWS.
Free speech has consequences.

Fuck these people, their award is trash.
This. If compliance with lefty politics is a prerequisite for an award, then the award is not even about music. Worse yet, compliance with lefty politics as a prerequisite delegitimizes the achievements of previous award winners. It means that previous winners only got their win because of their politics, not because of their music.

The same reason leftists fly their stupid hammer and sickle flag when they protest.
WTF are you babbling about?
1FZiicMh4JHFdkTMnpa4Po50izScSCbgMZH_QnsNlnY.png

Perhaps he should keep on, keeping on and anyone who has a problem with it should mind their own fucking business,
That's exactly what the Blues Foundation is doing. They are going ahead with their event without KWS.
Free speech has consequences.
No music awards will ever be legit if the artists are required to have a certain political ideology.

Fine...he wouldn't be cancelled and you know it....
He would be shot and you know it.
By whom?...I think that's all in your head...conservatives don't cancel folks for their beliefs....we still believe in freedom of speech and of thought....
Dixie Chicks make you a liar.

Dixie Chicks were never cancelled. They switched to Liberal Music, and the libs threw them under the bus, refusing to go to their concerts or buy their music.

Fuck these people, their award is trash.
This. If compliance with lefty politics is a prerequisite for an award, then the award is not even about music. Worse yet, compliance with lefty politics as a prerequisite delegitimizes the achievements of previous award winners. It means that previous winners only got their win because of their politics, not because of their music.
It's Sad Puppies all over again.

Looks like the Blues Foundation just lost any shred of credibility they ever had by making PC more important than music.

Blues music has been old, obsolete, and irrelevant since the mid 90's anyway. Those pig-tailed bald-headed white Boomers who play that shit should wake the fuck up and realize they're not really old, black, oppressed men living in the 1930's.

If Liberals are going to have hissy fits over the Stars and Bars because it's "offensive", then get rid of the Black Fist flag. That is clearly an angry, divisive symbol that offends many Americans.

Guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd's nomination for Best Blues/Rock Artist in the 2021 Blues Music Awards has been revoked over his use of a Confederate flag. The decision was made by the Blues Foundation.

Shepherd's nomination was rescinded due to “continuing revelations of representations of the Confederate flag on Shepherd’s ‘General Lee’ car, guitars and elsewhere," according to a March 18 statement on the Foundation's website.

In addition, the organization has asked the guitarist's father, Ken Shepherd, to resign from its board of directors, as he's a member.

The Foundation also posted a statement on March 15 regarding racism.

“The Blues Foundation unequivocally condemns all forms and expressions of racism, including all symbols associated with white supremacy and the degradation of people of color. We will hold ourselves as well as all blues musicians, fans, organizations, and members of the music industry accountable for racist actions and encourage concrete commitments to acknowledge and redress the resulting pain.

The Blues Foundation acknowledges that racism contributed to the historic oppression and exploitation of African American blues musicians and recognizes that hateful acts of racism continue to afflict the blues community today. We consistently strive to identify, discuss, and challenge issues of race within the blues community. We commit to the ongoing development and implementation of strategies to dismantle structural and systemic racism within our programs, special events and organization. We hereby adopt an action plan to purposefully address racism and contribute to a more equitable blues community."
Why anyone would display a confederate flag while performing music of black people is beyond me.
It was the Dukes of Hazzard car and he actually had the top repainted a couple of years ago. It was posted yesterday.

Fine...he wouldn't be cancelled and you know it....
He would be shot and you know it.
By whom?...I think that's all in your head...conservatives don't cancel folks for their beliefs....we still believe in freedom of speech and of thought....
Dixie Chicks make you a liar.

Dixie Chicks were never cancelled. They switched to Liberal Music, and the libs threw them under the bus, refusing to go to their concerts or buy their music.
Liar. They were boycotted and banned on Country Music radio stations and conservatives held public hate events. Your lies are pathetic.

Guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd's nomination for Best Blues/Rock Artist in the 2021 Blues Music Awards has been revoked over his use of a Confederate flag. The decision was made by the Blues Foundation.

Shepherd's nomination was rescinded due to “continuing revelations of representations of the Confederate flag on Shepherd’s ‘General Lee’ car, guitars and elsewhere," according to a March 18 statement on the Foundation's website.

In addition, the organization has asked the guitarist's father, Ken Shepherd, to resign from its board of directors, as he's a member.

The Foundation also posted a statement on March 15 regarding racism.

“The Blues Foundation unequivocally condemns all forms and expressions of racism, including all symbols associated with white supremacy and the degradation of people of color. We will hold ourselves as well as all blues musicians, fans, organizations, and members of the music industry accountable for racist actions and encourage concrete commitments to acknowledge and redress the resulting pain.

The Blues Foundation acknowledges that racism contributed to the historic oppression and exploitation of African American blues musicians and recognizes that hateful acts of racism continue to afflict the blues community today. We consistently strive to identify, discuss, and challenge issues of race within the blues community. We commit to the ongoing development and implementation of strategies to dismantle structural and systemic racism within our programs, special events and organization. We hereby adopt an action plan to purposefully address racism and contribute to a more equitable blues community."
Why anyone would display a confederate flag while performing music of black people is beyond me.

He didn't display a Confederate flag you idiot.

He collects muscle cars and 20 years ago he built a replica of the General Lee 1969 Dodge Charger that had the Confederate flag decal on the roof.

He doesn't show the car, and he has had it in storage for years now. This is his statement

“We have been told this decision has been made because in recent days, concerns have been raised regarding one of the cars in my muscle car collection. The car was built 17 years ago as a replica and homage to the iconic car in the television series, The Dukes of Hazzard. That CBS show was one of the highest rated and most popular programs of its era and like millions of others, I watched it every week,” Shepherd said. “In the show, one of the central ‘characters’ was a muscle car which displayed a confederate flag on its roof. Years ago I put that car in permanent storage and some time ago, I made the decision to permanently cover the flag on my car because it was completely against my values and offensive to the African American community which created the music I love so much and I apologize to anyone that I have unintentionally hurt because of it.

“I want to make something very clear and unequivocal; I condemn and stand in complete opposition to all forms of racism and oppression and always have.”

so what we have here is just another stupid knee jerk reaction.

And I have seen KWS in concert at least half a dozen times and there has never been any Confederate flag imagery on his stages or on his guitars.

Forum List

Back