Judging A Presidency

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. For a successful Presidency, Perception is the means, Protection is the end.

2. After all, isn't the protection of our nation the reason for choosing one candidate over another? We judge their vision, usually based on their resume, their experience, if they have any in an executive capacity. Or, if none of the above, the vision that he communicates to the rest of us.
If there is another basis for the selection.....it is usually a mistake.

3. And we learned to do this....early on. After all, didn't Chris Rock explain to us that the President is, like, our father, or 'the boss.'
Heck... what kind of father is unable to protect his wife and children?
And a boss cannot husband his business costs us our job. "The president and the first lady are kind of like the mom and the dad of the country," ... Chris Rock Calls Obamas 'Mom and Dad of the Country' During Gun Control Rally in Washington - The Hollywood Reporter

4. What does 'perception' entail?
It means an awareness of the elements of environment; it means being quick, acute, and intuitive; a capacity for comprehension.
But isn't that a description of each and every one of us, to a greater or lesser degree? Well....then why not pick a name out of a hat and be done with the election?

a. In fact, William Buckley, Jr. had pretty much that idea: “I would rather be governed by the first 2000 people in the Manhattan phone book than the entire faculty of Harvard.”

5. What it comes down to, is that we expect our President, carefully chosen, to have the perception to see what is the most advantageous set of actions and courses, to protect our nation from danger, and to steer a course toward success. True?

6. I recall a couple of chapters in James Frazer's "The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion" in which he explains how primitive societies chose their king, one who would serve as intermediary between the people and the gods...and get plenty of rainfall, good crops. etc. He had to know the correct way to placate the gods, and produce the best outcome. Perception is the means, Protection is the end.
And woe betide the king who didn't do his job.

7. So....how about the 'dad' we chose...and put in charge of our house....the White House?

a. Did he convince you that he had the perception, the correct vision necessary to fix the economy? After all, he said “if I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.” Fact Check ? Obama and the ?One-Term Proposition? - ABC News
So....is welfare "getting it done"? Food stamps and government doles instead of employment?
"The civilian labor force declined by 496,000 over the month, and the labor force participation rate decreased by 0.2 percentage point to 63.3 percent." Employment Situation News Release

b. And who would say that 'dad' made the world a better place based on how he's handled the Middle East? Threw out leaders who kept things stable, and favored America, and supported rebels who favor radical Islam in Libya, Egypt, Iran, and now, even in Iraq.
"Al Qaeda in Iraq and Syrian rebel group Jabhat al-Nusra make it official." Al Qaeda in Iraq and Syrian rebel group Jabhat al-Nusra make it official - CSMonitor.com
What can be said about his perception? Is this what he foresaw and wished for....or was a case of incomprehension?

c. How's this for "Perception is the means, Protection is the end,": more nuclear threats in the world today, and our 'dad' proposes to cut down our nuclear weapons?

But when it comes right down to it....perhaps he had the perception to judge the stupidity of those who voted for him....not once, but twice.

I believe Barack Obama will be remembered as the President who failed to protect America from a Russian nuclear attack. I don't believe America will be wiped out but I do believe we will be hit so hard we won't be able to respond to an attack on Israel when that time comes. The Liberal Progressives are the ones who have made America vulnerable enough for this to become possible.

If America were to be hit by Russian nukes on all 4 corners tomorrow - the American people would blame Obama and those who put him in office.

Then the pit the liberal progressives have dug for the GOP would be the one they fall into instead. I wouldn't want to be a liberal progressive in that day. Not in a million years. - Jeri

I believe Barack Obama will be remembered as the President who failed to protect America from a Russian nuclear attack. I don't believe America will be wiped out but I do believe we will be hit so hard we won't be able to respond to an attack on Israel when that time comes. The Liberal Progressives are the ones who have made America vulnerable enough for this to become possible.

If America were to be hit by Russian nukes on all 4 corners tomorrow - the American people would blame Obama and those who put him in office.

Then the pit the liberal progressives have dug for the GOP would be the one they fall into instead. I wouldn't want to be a liberal progressive in that day. Not in a million years. - Jeri

I certainly hope you are wrong about an attack. But it there is one I don't see it coming from Russia. China or radical muslims are much more likely.

You are correct about liberals making us vulnerable and weak. Their naivte is appalling.

Obama will be remembered positively for being the first black President, nothing more.

Even though we all know that Bill Clinton was the first black President and Obama isn't black, Obama will likely get all the credit.

Let me get this straight...
1. You believe Russia might attack the US.
2. And you believe the biggest problem from that attack is "we won't be able to respond to an attack on Israel when that time comes."
Interesting. Have you alerted Bill Kristol?

I certainly hope you are wrong about an attack. But it there is one I don't see it coming from Russia. China or radical muslims are much more likely.

You are correct about liberals making us vulnerable and weak. Their naivte is appalling.

I would love to be wrong but I don't believe I am. I believe the United States of America will be hit by the Russians and it will happen before Obama finishes his second term.

In the afternmath I wouldn't be surprised to hear the radical muslims or chinese get blamed for it but there isn't a question in my mind that the Russians will be the ones responsible for striking America.

This is one event Obama will not be able to blame George Bush Jr. for. I wonder where he and his family will go after it happens? Who would have them?

If it does happen liberals will blame bush.

Might? No. I believe they WILL strike our nuclear facilities and disable us ( beforehand ) from being able to respond.

2. And you believe the biggest problem from that attack is "we won't be able to respond to an attack on Israel when that time comes."

1st problem will be America won't be able to respond - could be an EMP would take care of that - the 2nd problem is America would not be able to respond to a Russian - Iranian invasion on Israel - our closest ally in the middle east. Did you think that North Korean provocation just coincided with Syrian situation by chance? This is strategical - no question about it.​

If it does happen liberals will blame bush.

I doubt liberals will be showing their faces. More likely to be in hiding by that juncture.

I would love to be wrong but I don't believe I am. I believe the United States of America will be hit by the Russians and it will happen before Obama finishes his second term.

In the afternmath I wouldn't be surprised to hear the radical muslims or chinese get blamed for it but there isn't a question in my mind that the Russians will be the ones responsible for striking America.

This is one event Obama will not be able to blame George Bush Jr. for. I wonder where he and his family will go after it happens? Who would have them?

why Russia? I think the more likely scenario is an attack on Israel by Iran backed by Russia. That would force Obama to act and he would make the same kind of stupid decisions that he made in Benghazi.

You are correct about liberals making us vulnerable and weak.

Yeah. FDR proved that conclusively, didn't he? And, George W. Bush proved it the other way, right? :rolleyes:

FDR did very little for the Army either with its size or weapons and during the 1930s, his defense budgets were cut to the bone. To quote George Marshall's words to FDR in May 1940: "If you don't do something...and do it right away, I don't know what is going to happen to this country". FDR had underestimated the Japanese and the Pearl Harbor attack devastated the American Navy and exposed the president's incompetence.
From "FDR Goes To War," by Folsom and Folsom

You should exhibit more care in claiming that FDR was both liberal and protective of America. Those might be mutually exclusive categories....Due to cuts in military spending through the 30’s as a percentage of the federal budget, the United States was woefully unprepared for war. The US was 17th in the world in military strength, and this ultimately let us into a two-ocean war.

Well researched with information taken from such sources as the Congressional Record, prominent newspapers like the New York Times and scholarly historical works of that period. The book also does not trash FDR in every aspect of his administration as the Folsoms do give him credit for readying America for the conflict after Pearl Harbor by suspending his New Deal mentality for the duration of the war and giving private business free reign to pursue profits and maximizing output.

Any nutter that reads what Jeremiah wrote and does not immediately dismiss him as a nutjob.....no longer to be taken seriously.....is an idiot.

Saying "I hope it does not happen" is tacit approval. What is wrong with you people.

Obama will be remembered positively for being the first black President, nothing more.

Even though we all know that Bill Clinton was the first black President and Obama isn't black, Obama will likely get all the credit.

You are seriously mistaken about that. I do not see America surviving this mans second term in office. ( intact - without nuclear strike ) The Russians would have to be totally blind not to seize the opportunity while they have it. They never dropped their ambitions against the United States. They despise us. They have had submarines off the coast of the eastern seaboard of usa for decades waiting for the day to strike.

Now you have NK making provocative threats and that didn't come out of nowhere. Castro made his predictions some time ago about America coming under a nuclear attack. Where is he getting that from? The word is out. That is what is going on. Listen to the internet chatter coming out of Nicaragua - the communists are boasting about Mexico being their gateway - that Cuba will join them. Join them in what? An invasion on the United States. It is obvious there is a big plan underway. - Jeri

You are seriously mistaken about that. I do not see America surviving this mans second term in office. ( intact - without nuclear strike ) The Russians would have to be totally blind not to seize the opportunity while they have it. They never dropped their ambitions against the United States. They despise us. They have had submarines off the coast of the eastern seaboard of usa for decades waiting for the day to strike.

Now you have NK making provocative threats and that didn't come out of nowhere. Castro made his predictions some time ago about America coming under a nuclear attack. Where is he getting that from? The word is out. That is what is going on. Listen to the internet chatter coming out of Nicaragua - the communists are boasting about Mexico being their gateway - that Cuba will join them. Join them in what? An invasion on the United States. It is obvious there is a big plan underway. - Jeri

it takes many years

to judge the presidency

Any nutter that reads what Jeremiah wrote and does not immediately dismiss him as a nutjob.....no longer to be taken seriously.....is an idiot.

Saying "I hope it does not happen" is tacit approval. What is wrong with you people.

What is wrong with you is a better question, laugher. I'm thinking ahead here and what I see is that the Obama Administration has weakened America by foolishly trusting the Russians and believing the cold war was over, by giving away classified secrets to our enemies, tours through NORAD, invitations to train on our bases with our military - grand tour of our nuclear missile sites by Hillary - all foolishness... Obama has weakened the strength of America to the degree that the Russians could easily accomplish a nuclear strike against us. Time will tell if I am right. I hope I am wrong. Most sincerely I do. But I don't believe I am.

- Jeremiah

What is wrong with you is a better question, laugher. I'm thinking ahead here and what I see is that the Obama Administration has weakened America by foolishly trusting the Russians and believing the cold war was over, by giving away classified secrets to our enemies, tours through NORAD, invitations to train on our bases with our military - grand tour of our nuclear missile sites by Hillary - all foolishness... Obama has weakened the strength of America to the degree that the Russians could easily accomplish a nuclear strike against us. Time will tell if I am right. I hope I am wrong. Most sincerely I do. But I don't believe I am.

- Jeremiah

You are a crazy person who needs a forum like this to say crazy things.

I get it.

H

Might? No. I believe they WILL strike our nuclear facilities and disable us ( beforehand ) from being able to respond.

1st problem will be America won't be able to respond - could be an EMP would take care of that - the 2nd problem is America would not be able to respond to a Russian - Iranian invasion on Israel - our closest ally in the middle east. Did you think that North Korean provocation just coincided with Syrian situation by chance? This is strategical - no question about it.

It seems superhero Rex Reagan underestimated those pesky Russians, given these cunning manipulations of Syria and North Korea for the purpose of weakening US resolve by electing a Keynesian - or was that Kenyan? (both start with a K so at my age it's hard to keep them straight) - and weakening US ability to respond to Russia by engaging US in parasite nations. [Was Boris Badenov the literary anticipation of Vlad Putan?]

The genius of Junebug Bush is now apparent. His vision was to keep a razor sharp edge on US resolve and to limit military depletion of the nation's treasure to just the two nations invaded, apparently, as live-ammo drill for the "Big Show" with the "evil empire".

But I digress...

It shows how out of touch one becomes to admit that in the event of a any attack on the US my first thought (before reading today's realities in your post) might have been concern for the United States citizens rather than responding and my second concern would be a response rather than defending distant treaty partners.

Way behind the times, it appears. Just trying to keep up.

Last edited:
Bottom line is if America is hit by a nuclear attack it is going to blamed on Obama and his progressive friends. He has increased our vulnerability 10,000 fold ( concerning Russians AND Chinese ) and it is quite obvious to even the casual observer that America is in big trouble. The fact that you cannot see it doesn't mean it isn't a reality. Time will tell.

Russian nuclear attack???? Political Chic brings out the crazy and stupid ones from the right.

Forum List

Back