Joseph McCarthy: Was He Right After All?

^^^^ More Liberal logic^^^^^

This is what I'm talking about - you add nothing to any discussion you partake in, except to insult anyone who disagrees with you.

Be my guest, it's a free country and I enjoy making ankle-biters like you look childish and out of sorts.
acusations
McCarthy was a blatantly dishonest hack. His endless unfounded accusations kind of remind me of this site, as of late.

To hell with the facts! Libs ... libs ... libs ... .

So, when do we get to the actual facts???

From your fingers to USMB posts....^^^^ Typical Vigilante ... nothing to back up his nonsense, except for long-debunked, partisan-waterboy, garbage.... Calling the kettle black again, I see...you're 2 digit IQ makes you an easy target.... perhaps get Pogo to help you!

Help for what? You're a complete joke on this site. You post nothing except for crap. I need "help" to tell people that?

Try sticking to the thread and people might actually start listening when you yap.

The topic is not even worthy of serious comment.

+1

Joseph McCarthy was a profoundly reckless and dishonest joke of a human being.

He misused his position of power in order to bully political foes out of office.

McCarthy flew twelve combat missions as a gunner-observer, earning the nickname of "Tail-Gunner Joe."

He later claimed 32 missions in order to qualify for a Distinguished Flying Cross, which he received in 1952. McCarthy publicized a letter of commendation which he claimed had been signed by his commanding officer and countersigned by Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, then Chief of Naval Operations. However, it was revealed that McCarthy had written this letter himself, in his capacity as intelligence officer.

A "war wound" that McCarthy made the subject of varying stories involving airplane crashes or antiaircraft fire was in fact received aboard ship during a ceremony for sailors crossing the equator for the first time.

Joseph McCarthy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McCarthy was notoriously dishonest in his accusations -

Senate campaign

In his campaign, McCarthy attacked La Follette for not enlisting during the war, although La Follette had been 46 when Pearl Harbor was bombed. He also claimed La Follette had made huge profits from his investments while he, McCarthy, had been away fighting for his country. In fact, McCarthy had invested in the stock market himself during the war, netting a profit of $42,000 in 1943. La Follette's investments consisted of partial interest in a radio station, which earned him a profit of $47,000 over two years.

The suggestion that La Follette had been guilty of war profiteering was deeply damaging, and McCarthy won the primary nomination 207,935 votes to 202,557. It was during this campaign that McCarthy started publicizing his war-time nickname "Tail-Gunner Joe", using the slogan, "Congress needs a tail-gunner". Arnold Beichman later stated that McCarthy "was elected to his first term in the Senate with support from the Communist-controlled United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers, CIO", which preferred McCarthy to the anti-communist Robert M. La Follette. In the general election against Democratic opponent Howard J. McMurray, McCarthy won 61.2% to Democrat McMurray's 37.3%, and thus joined Senator Wiley, whom he had challenged unsuccessfully two years earlier, in the Senate.

By "Political foes" you mean genuine Communist spies who should have been executed with the Rosenberg's, right?

The comment is a recreation "heard" by a drunk with no other corroboration whatever.

It's nothing more than the word of a person who isn't worth trusting.

Jake, how many sourced and verified quotes do you need before you drop your allegiance to LBJ?

The interesting part, Frank, is that I DIDN'T POST in that thread, and this idiot thinks I posted 'uppity Negro' comments..... He's a joke, just like the rest of the liberals that post here! :badgrin::eusa_clap:

This is what I'm talking about - you add nothing to any discussion you partake in, except to insult anyone who disagrees with you.

Be my guest, it's a free country and I enjoy making ankle-biters like you look childish and out of sorts.
acusations
McCarthy was a blatantly dishonest hack. His endless unfounded accusations kind of remind me of this site, as of late.

To hell with the facts! Libs ... libs ... libs ... .

So, when do we get to the actual facts???

From your fingers to USMB posts....^^^^ Typical Vigilante ... nothing to back up his nonsense, except for long-debunked, partisan-waterboy, garbage.... Calling the kettle black again, I see...you're 2 digit IQ makes you an easy target.... perhaps get Pogo to help you!

Help for what? You're a complete joke on this site. You post nothing except for crap. I need "help" to tell people that?

Try sticking to the thread and people might actually start listening when you yap.

Cabbie, people with 3 digit IQ's listen, some even learn new things, on the other hand, we have you, and your fellow Comrades, that couldn't screw in a light bulb, without an instruction manual! I do enjoy trading Neg Reps with you.... just how long before I catch you? One will just have to watch and see! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

The comment is a recreation "heard" by a drunk with no other corroboration whatever.

It's nothing more than the word of a person who isn't worth trusting.

Jake, how many sourced and verified quotes do you need before you drop your allegiance to LBJ?

The interesting part, Frank, is that I DIDN'T POST in that thread, and this idiot thinks I posted 'uppity Negro' comments..... He's a joke, just like the rest of the liberals that post here! :badgrin::eusa_clap:

V, I referred to the uppity comment, not that you heard it, as a reflection of the nonsense that you and Frank post.

Frank has a lot of cred on the Board, and you should consider why you have so little.

V, I referred to the uppity comment, not that you heard it, as a reflection of the nonsense that you and Frank post.

Frank has a lot of cred on the Board, and you should consider why you have so little.

Yes, Frank has 5 years under his belt of bitch slapping you ingrates.... Today, I have 2 months.... Now you posted ..

Quote: Originally Posted by JakeStarkey
Just like your 'uppity Negro' comments supposedly from LBJ?

directed at ME! So, NOT ONLY do you LIE, like a typical liberal, your SPIN SUCKS! ....Just another post to bookmark for further use down the road!

You were better off just leaving THIS thread! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

Yes, Frank has 5 years under his belt of bitch slapping you ingrates....

Son, you are a joke. Why do you agree with the uppity comment?

You can't hide anymore than Yurt when you reactionaries make dumb ass comments.

Yes, Frank has 5 years under his belt of bitch slapping you ingrates....
Son, you are a joke. Why do you agree with the uppity comment?

You can't hide anymore than Yurt when you reactionaries make dumb ass comments.

I enjoy watching you SQUIRM child, especially when you're out of anything to refute what I post. Here's just another example of me starting to live RENT FREE in your head! Pogo, seems to have learned his lesson, you though, are going to be more fun to mind bend, simply because your IQ doesn't come up to that of a squirrels. I'm right here anytime you actually have something of substance to discuss, instead of your usual bullshit! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

No.

There was never any evidence produced that ‘communists’ occupied the government to the extent that National security was ever in jeopardy; McCarthy’s tactics were consequently completely unjustified and un-Constitutional, his witch hunt was a blatant abuse of power.

His infamy in American political history is well deserved.

No.

There was never any evidence produced that ‘communists’ occupied the government to the extent that National security was ever in jeopardy; McCarthy’s tactics were consequently completely unjustified and un-Constitutional, his witch hunt was a blatant abuse of power.

Hmmm...sort of JUST LIKE the F&F, IRS, NSA, Black Panthers, and Benghazi.... who would have ever put those things together! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

The bottom line for historians is whether a single left wing freaking newspaper cartoonist should dictate the political argument about America's fight against communist influence after WW2.

Here's just another example of me starting to live RENT FREE in your head!
:lol: Silly you. Yeah, you are squirming, great projection. So you agree that LBJ never said the uppity comment. That's a big start for a reactionary like you

JUST LIKE the F&F, IRS, NSA, Black Panthers, and Benghazi

Deflection. We are talking about McCarthy, you, trolling, and uppity comments.

You can run here, change the color of your hair and your name, and you will always stand out as a reactionary troll, Vigilante.

No.

Yup, and you will note the reactionaries try to ignore and fail that McCarthy's own party demanded his censure.

Here's just another example of me starting to live RENT FREE in your head!
:lol: Silly you. Yeah, you are squirming, great projection. So you agree that LBJ never said the uppity comment. That's a big start for a reactionary like you

Seems ALL the search engines are filled with examples...you should TRY looking, instead of looking & acting like a spoiled brat, child! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Seems ALL the search engines are filled with examples...you should TRY looking, instead of looking & acting like a spoiled brat, child!

Seems all the quotes trace back to one uncorroborated statement by a drunk, my dear. :lol:

Seems ALL the search engines are filled with examples...you should TRY looking, instead of looking & acting like a spoiled brat, child!
Seems all the quotes trace back to one uncorroborated statement by a drunk, my dear. :lol:

Did LBJ ever deny saying it?....and SOOOOO VERY MANY links by both left and right.... seems YOU know better than hundreds, perhaps thousands of academics! But who would have ever thought YOU were THE ONE to dispel those vicious rumors! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

Did LBJ ever deny saying it?....and SOOOOO VERY MANY links by both left and right.... seems YOU know better than hundreds, perhaps thousands of academics! But who would have ever thought YOU were THE ONE to dispel those vicious rumors!

LBJ was never asked. And all the links go back to one uncorroborated drunken source. Perfect example of the echo chamber of the far right reactionary hive. :lol:

V is such a drone. :badgrin:

Did LBJ ever deny saying it?....and SOOOOO VERY MANY links by both left and right.... seems YOU know better than hundreds, perhaps thousands of academics! But who would have ever thought YOU were THE ONE to dispel those vicious rumors!
LBJ was never asked. And all the links go back to one uncorroborated drunken source. Perfect example of the echo chamber of the far right reactionary hive. :lol:

V is such a drone. :badgrin:

Did you just call WOLF again.... damn, you DID call WOLF again! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

+Adolf+Hitler+Quotes+hitler+quotes+about+love+hitler+quotes+if+you+win+famous+quotes+in+german+hitler+quotes+in+hindi+%252813%2529.jpg

Cabbie, people with 3 digit IQ's listen, some even learn new things, on the other hand, we have you, and your fellow Comrades, that couldn't screw in a light bulb, without an instruction manual! I do enjoy trading Neg Reps with you.... just how long before I catch you? One will just have to watch and see! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

That's it? To you It's about who has the most rep?

Like I said - TRY STICKING TO THE TOPIC, See if you can do it for a change.

McCarthy was never actually able to successfully make a charge of "communism" stick. Not once - how are you suggesting that he was correct? Was he correct AFTER the fact? Please, help us out here.

Forum List

Back