Johns Hopkins study, lockdowns don't work are ill founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy.

"Follow the SCIENCE!"

But what if the experts disagree?

It is a puzzle.

1643780842995.png

This systematic review and meta-analysis are designed to determine whether there is empirical evidence to support the belief that “lockdowns” reduce COVID-19 mortality. Lockdowns are defined as the imposition of at least one compulsory, non-pharmaceutical intervention (NPI). NPIs are any government mandate that directly restrict peoples’ possibilities, such as policies that limit internal movement, close schools and businesses, and ban international travel. This study employed a systematic search and screening procedure in which 18,590 studies are identified that could potentially address the belief posed. After three levels of screening, 34 studies ultimately qualified. Of those 34 eligible studies, 24 qualified for inclusion in the meta-analysis. They were separated into three groups: lockdown stringency index studies, shelter-in-placeorder (SIPO) studies, and specific NPI studies. An analysis of each of these three groups support the conclusion that lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality. More specifically, stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average. SIPOs were also ineffective, only reducing COVID-19 mortality by 2.9% on average. Specific NPI studies also find no broad-based evidence of noticeable effects on COVID-19 mortality. While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.

Lockdowns first (we're already there)

Then school closings (we're there too)

Then masks (almost there)

Then vaccines (we're getting there)

I don;t know about you people but I was never "locked down"

I could go outside, take walks, visit people, go to the store etc. The only thing I couldn't do was eat in a restaurant or go to a bar and I don;t eat out much anyway.

I did miss going to a bar and listening to live music though

I don;t know about you people but I was never "locked down"

I could go outside, take walks, visit people, go to the store etc. The only thing I couldn't do was eat in a restaurant or go to a bar and I don;t eat out much anyway.

I did miss going to a bar and listening to live music though

The lockdowns were unconstitutional and never worked

Scaredy cats hardest hit...and the hits are just beginning

The lockdowns were unconstitutional and never worked

Scaredy cats hardest hit...and the hits are just beginning

They never actually existed, so they could not be unconstitutional.

As Blues pointed out, there was never a real lock down in this country. At best there were some restricted business.

We were never even restricted from going to the gym.

Did you read the "Discussion" part of the study given in the OP? It starts on page 41 of the study. If not, it does give some good insight beyond just the headline

As Blues pointed out, there was never a real lock down in this country. At best there were some restricted business.

Did you read the "Discussion" part of the study given in the OP? It starts on page 41 of the study. If not, it does give some good insight beyond just the headline

They were and they were declared so in my state. And thus our crooked gov was shutdown, thank God. Now we're in the process of shutting down the county with lawsuits.

I think liberals are just beginning to understand the tsunami they have coming this Nov. Just beginning.

They were and they were declared so in my state. And thus our crooked gov was shutdown, thank God. Now we're in the process of shutting down the county with lawsuits.

I think liberals are just beginning to understand the tsunami they have coming this Nov. Just beginning.

So you were not allowed to leave your house? What do you consider a "lock down"?

We've already posted about the funkiness of civets in lockdown (animal shelter). USMB search: civet(s)

Fascinating study, thanks for the link.

The discussion portion starting on page 41 really digs into the whys of their findings.

Will have dig more into this whole paper, but again thanks for the link.
My god what TDS did to you people

The GD carnage of these lockdowns.And you ;ibturds locked your own GD worthless children up

JC

My god what TDS did to you people

The GD carnage of these lockdowns.And you ;ibturds locked your own GD worthless children up

JC

Yes, how dare I read past the headline and actually open the study and read it and try and learn from it.

I should be ashamed of myself for doing so. I should be more like you and just blindly believe what your party masters tell you

Do you live in a libturd state

Do you live in a libturd state

I do, but also in a county that passed a measure in 2018 to make us a sanctuary county against Govt, both state and Fed, trampling on the 2nd amendment rights.

So, what does this have to do with your attacking me for actually opening the study and reading it?

I do, but also in a county that passed a measure in 2018 to make us a sanctuary county against Govt, both state and Fed, trampling on the 2nd amendment rights.

So, what does this have to do with your attacking me for actually opening the study and reading it?
I wasn't attacking you personally.....lolol

You are a reasonable poster

The lockdowns were totally necessary in 2020 because we knew squat.......But they knew then and just rolled with it

I wasn't attacking you personally.....lolol

You are a reasonable poster

The lockdowns were totally necessary in 2020 because we knew squat.......But they knew then and just rolled with it

You accused me of having TDS because I responded in a positive way to the study.

Yes, the entire fucking world locked down just to get your god out of office! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :cheers2:
First of all, Trump is not our God. He was our President and yours. Second, why do you feel it's funny that millions of lives were ruined by this Democrat takedown of our economy? Furthermore, reading more into the liberal left wing John Hopkins, study, millions of people were not able to get tests done for cancer and other diseases killing possibly tens of thousands or more because of the shutdowns. Also, sounds like the lockdowns may have caused thousands of more teen suicides as well. yet, if you look at the numbers, the shutdown mandates only caused at most 1,500 more deaths. A far lower amount than the mandates killed. Open up the country and schools now or have blood on your hands, Democrats!

"Follow the SCIENCE!"

But what if the experts disagree?

It is a puzzle.
From the John Hopkins Study - "Studies that looked at only shelter-in-place orders found they reduced COVID-19 mortality by 5.1%, but studies that looked at shelter-in-place orders along with other lockdown measures found that shelter-in-place orders actually increased COVID-19 mortality by 2.8%."
No puzzle, just pure stupidity from Fauci and Biden.

So you were not allowed to leave your house? What do you consider a "lock down"?

All small business, restaurants and gyms were ordered closed, the only stores allowed to remain open were big box stores. You know damn well no one was ordered to stay in their homes, and that's not what is being referred to when the term 'lock down' is used.

Forum List

Back