Jeff Sessions Didn’t Tell Al Franken The Truth. Now Franken Has Some New Questions.

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Why didn’t the attorney general come clean before he was caught, and what did he talk about with the Russians?

WASHINGTON ― When Jeff Sessions told Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) under oath that he had not talked to any Russians during the Trump campaign, Franken hadn’t even asked him if he had.

Franken was just trying to find out what Sessions would do as attorney general if reports that emerged on Jan. 10 were true. The reports said there was frequent contact betweenDonald Trump’s campaign surrogates and Russian government intermediaries.

Sessions never said what he would do, but he did exonerate himself.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” Sessions told Franken, with just a hint of a proud smile. “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign, and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

But that was not true. Sessions met with Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in his Senate office in September while the Obama administration was cranking up sanctions. He met Kislyak again in July, reportedly on the sidelines of the Republican National Convention.

Sessions said Thursday as he recused himself from any role in investigating the Russian attempts to influence the elections that he did not recall if he discussed politics with Kislyak, but that diplomats can be “gossipy.”

Now, Franken has some questions.

In a letter Franken sent to Sessions Thursday, Franken said he found if hard to believe the Russian efforts in the election did not come up in Sessions’ conversations.

“In July 2016, more than four months after endorsing then-candidate Trump, you delivered remarks during the Republican National Convention at an event hosted by the Heritage Foundation. Following your speech, you were approached by a small group of ambassadors, including Ambassador Kislyak,” Franken wrote. “The ambassador later pulled you aside and engaged you in private conversation. The notion that this conversation, which took place during your party’s nominating convention, would not have touched upon issues related to the campaign strains credulity.”

Franken wants Sessions to answer two demands by Friday:

1. In the seven weeks following your confirmation hearing, why did you fail to clarify that you had indeed communicated on more than one occasion with the Russian Ambassador during the 2016 presidential campaign until the Washington Post exposed those interactions?

2. Describe in detail any and all communications between yourself and Russian officials and their associates during the presidential campaign of 2016, including but not limited to in-person conversations, phone calls, meetings, and electronic communications. Also include any such communications between members of your staff, including your Senate staff and any staff that assisted you during the campaign, and Russian officials and their associates.

And if the answers to those questions show Sessions knowingly misled Congress, he is not fit to serve as the nation’s top law enforcer, Franken said.

“If it is determined that you lied to the [Judiciary] Committee and the American people under oath during your confirmation hearing, it is incumbent upon you to resign from your position as attorney general,” Franken wrote.

Video: Jeff Sessions Didn’t Tell Al Franken The Truth. Now Franken Has Some New Questions.

I agree! Senator Al Franken is hitting on the hot spots. Context is very important.

Sessions has tried to downplay his role in the Trump campaign - but he was actually an adviser and campaigned for Trump.

After Sessions became one of the first members of Congress to endorse Trump this February, he became an adviser on almost every major decision and policy proposal Trump made during the campaign:

— A top Sessions aide helped Trump communicate his immigration policy.

— Sessions chaired Trump national security advisory committee.

— Sessions advised Trump on who to choose for vice president. (Sessions was also in the running himself for the No. 2 job.)

10 things to know about Sen. Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump’s pick for attorney general

upload_2017-3-2_21-19-38.png

Franken isn't the only one with new questions.

Coretta told us what kind of man Sessions is. Nobody wanted to hear it.

OMG. The way Lakotah went "running" to the boards yesterday with this "BREAKING" news. What entertainment. Now he is back again.

I will bet his little heart was racing, he was drooling and yelling at his squaw to STHU beeatch I'm working here!

Why didn’t the attorney general come clean before he was caught, and what did he talk about with the Russians?

WASHINGTON ― When Jeff Sessions told Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) under oath that he had not talked to any Russians during the Trump campaign, Franken hadn’t even asked him if he had.

Franken was just trying to find out what Sessions would do as attorney general if reports that emerged on Jan. 10 were true. The reports said there was frequent contact betweenDonald Trump’s campaign surrogates and Russian government intermediaries.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” Sessions told Franken, with just a hint of a proud smile. “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign, and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

But that was not true. Sessions met with Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in his Senate office in September while the Obama administration was cranking up sanctions. He met Kislyak again in July, reportedly on the sidelines of the Republican National Convention.

Sessions said Thursday as he recused himself from any role in investigating the Russian attempts to influence the elections that he did not recall if he discussed politics with Kislyak, but that diplomats can be “gossipy.”

In a letter Franken sent to Sessions Thursday, Franken said he found if hard to believe the Russian efforts in the election did not come up in Sessions’ conversations.

“In July 2016, more than four months after endorsing then-candidate Trump, you delivered remarks during the Republican National Convention at an event hosted by the Heritage Foundation. Following your speech, you were approached by a small group of ambassadors, including Ambassador Kislyak,” Franken wrote. “The ambassador later pulled you aside and engaged you in private conversation. The notion that this conversation, which took place during your party’s nominating convention, would not have touched upon issues related to the campaign strains credulity.”

1. In the seven weeks following your confirmation hearing, why did you fail to clarify that you had indeed communicated on more than one occasion with the Russian Ambassador during the 2016 presidential campaign until the Washington Post exposed those interactions?

2. Describe in detail any and all communications between yourself and Russian officials and their associates during the presidential campaign of 2016, including but not limited to in-person conversations, phone calls, meetings, and electronic communications. Also include any such communications between members of your staff, including your Senate staff and any staff that assisted you during the campaign, and Russian officials and their associates.

And if the answers to those questions show Sessions knowingly misled Congress, he is not fit to serve as the nation’s top law enforcer, Franken said.

“If it is determined that you lied to the [Judiciary] Committee and the American people under oath during your confirmation hearing, it is incumbent upon you to resign from your position as attorney general,” Franken wrote.

Video: Jeff Sessions Didn’t Tell Al Franken The Truth. Now Franken Has Some New Questions.

I agree! Senator Al Franken is hitting on the hot spots. Context is very important.
Watched tucker eh? Funny

image.jpeg

I didn't trust Sessions before, especially when during the confirmation hearing he was taking credit for helping cases when all he did was sign some papers. Now we have this crap... how can you have an AG you can't trust to tell the truth?

I didn't trust Sessions before, especially when during the confirmation hearing he was taking credit for helping cases when all he did was sign some papers. Now we have this crap... how can you have an AG you can't trust to tell the truth?
Too bad

Where didn't he tell the truth snowflake?

These wild goose chases are wasting everybodys' time. Only a completely ignorant psychopath believes that Trump and his people conspired with the Russians to influence our election. If you want real evidence of attempting to fix elections look no farther than the DNC and Democrat primaries. If that does not do it for you then look into Chicago and Illinois politics.

It's funny how you want context but won't qoute the entire line of the question the idiot Franken laid out for him. I know why you don't want to do that because it makes your entire case look stupid and a failure.

But if you want context I suggest you supply some. If you can't or won't I will. This is your chance. Take it or else.

These wild goose chases are wasting everybodys' time. Only a completely ignorant psychopath believes that Trump and his people conspired with the Russians to influence our election. If you want real evidence of attempting to fix elections look no farther than the DNC and Democrat primaries. If that does not do it for you then look into Chicago and Illinois politics.
It's doing what the left wants. It's an evil party

If we are going to conduct investigations on all this then we may as well investigate Obama and his comrades concerning how they are intending to undermine a sitting president and disrupt the business of our republic.

It's amazing how you avoid context .... selective facts strung together on a web of innuendo in order to meet a preconceived position.

But you are OK with the last 8 years? funny. "I heard about it on the news" "I did not send or receive any classified" "not a smidgen of corruption" "It was their money" "you can keep your doctor"

I will now drop out of ALL Sessions bashing threads. File it under Global Warming. I don't play this nonsense.

Forum List

Back