Israeli Apartheid

South African native Olga Meshoe Washington: “I often find myself in a state of disbelief that Israel continues to be labeled an apartheid state. The diversity of Israeli politics, policies, culture, and overall Israeli life is incomparable to apartheid South Africa.

Because Israel haters are determined to accuse Israel of being an apartheid state, and be guilty of committing a crime against humanity, a new definition of apartheid is being advanced to perpetuate this lie conceived by anti-Israel propagandists. The false accusation of apartheid against Israel trivializes the humiliation & injustices endured by black South Africans who lived through apartheid & who still, together with their descendants, bear the scars of its legacy."

Former South African journalist Benjamin Pogrund, who lived through apartheid, was imprisoned for reporting on apartheid, even declared an enemy of the state. He exposes the fallacy that Israel is an apartheid state…

“South African apartheid rigidly enforced racial laws. Israel is not remotely comparable. Yet the members of the boycott movement are not stupid. For them to propagate this analogy in the name of human rights is cynical and manipulative. It reveals their true attitude toward Jews and the Jewish state. Their aims would eliminate Israel. That is what's at stake when we allow the apartheid comparison”.

“ Here’s why the apartheid comparison does not stack up.

Apartheid in South Africa maintained privilege for the white minority and doomed people of color to subservience; it determined every aspect of life - the school you attended, the work you did, where you lived, which hospital and ambulance you used, whom you could marry, right down to which park bench you could sit on without facing arrest.

I know this because I lived it.”

“Unlike nonwhite South Africans under apartheid, however, Israeli Arabs have the vote and enjoy full citizen rights. The Supreme Court has an Arab judge, the head of surgery in a leading hospital is Arab, and Arabs head university departments. In hospitals and clinics, Jewish and Arab doctors and nurses, secular and religious, work together, giving care equally to Jewish and Arab patients - unthinkable under apartheid. Even the current right-wing government has pledged billions of dollars to upgrade Arab living conditions and education (though it has yet to deliver much).

During the yearslong struggle for freedom in South Africa, the African National Congress, now in government, refrained from violence against white civilians, with very few exceptions. This was, in large part, a strategic decision to avoid scaring whites into a refusal to yield power. Suicide bombings and murders by ramming pedestrians with vehicles never happened in South Africa. Yet Israel has had them aplenty. Security concerns have dictated Israel's precautions and responses, not an ideology of apartheid racism”.

45A839B8-024D-4E92-8526-925EABC242D4.jpeg
773DD2BE-10D1-492E-BD88-082B9C2BA9EC.jpeg

Robert Bernstein, Founder of Human Rights Watch: Anti-Israel bias at Human Rights Watch

“AS the founder of Human Rights Watch, its active chairman for 20 years and now founding chairman emeritus, I must do something that I never anticipated: I must publicly join the group's critics.

Human Rights Watch had as its original mission to pry open closed societies, advocate basic freedoms and support dissenters. But recently it has been issuing reports on the Israeli-Arab conflict that are helping those who wish to turn Israel into a pariah state.”

“Israel, with a population of 7.4 million, is home to at least 80 human rights organizations, a vibrant free press, a democratically elected government, a judiciary that frequently rules against the government, a politically active academia, multiple political parties and, judging by the amount of news coverage, probably more journalists per capita than any other country in the world many of whom are there expressly to cover the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Meanwhile, the Arab and Iranian regimes rule over some 350 million people, and most remain brutal, closed and autocratic, permitting little or no internal dissent. The plight of their citizens who would most benefit from the kind of attention a large and well-financed international human rights organization can provide is being ignored as Human Rights Watch's Middle East division prepares report after report on Israel.

Human Rights Watch has lost critical perspective on a conflict in which Israel has been repeatedly attacked by Hamas and Hezbollah, organizations that go after Israeli citizens and use their own people as human shields. These groups are supported by the government of Iran, which has openly declared its intention not just to destroy Israel but to murder Jews everywhere. This incitement to genocide is a violation of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.

Leaders of Human Rights Watch know that Hamas and Hezbollah chose to wage war from densely populated areas, deliberately transforming neighborhoods into battlefields. They know that more and better arms are flowing into both Gaza and Lebanon and are poised to strike again. And they know that this militancy continues to deprive Palestinians of any chance for the peaceful and productive life they deserve. Yet Israel, the repeated victim of aggression, faces the brunt of Human Rights Watch's criticism.”

“Only by returning to its founding mission and the spirit of humility that animated it can Human Rights Watch resurrect itself as a moral force in the Middle East and throughout the world. If it fails to do that, its credibility will be seriously undermined and its important role in the world significantly diminished.”

3EAF5226-A6C7-42BC-86DB-094B647D0994.jpeg
8C75FDF7-49C9-4984-9A26-B5D2464C732A.jpeg
1EABC0FC-3D1D-4BD8-B3F7-AE802A719C31.jpeg

Tell me more about the “apartheid state of Israel”…

Meet Dr. Abdulla Watad, 35-year-old Arab-Israeli doctor who becomes Israel’s youngest medical professor: “Being an Arab is always something really interesting in Israel because we would like to be involved in the daily work and research and also treating patients. And to be fair, at Sheba, I never felt there is discrimination between Arab or non-Arab. To be successful you need four things: desire, setting a goal, hard work and a mentor who believes in you.”

Unsurprisingly, last month's article in the Foreign Affairs magazine, which laid down the facts about Israel's apartheid system and Jewish supremacy, generated strong debate and criticism. Writing in the prestigious American journal, authors Michael Barnett, Nathan Brown, Marc Lynch and Shibley Telhami, claimed that Israel presides over a "One-State reality" and that it is "Time to Give Up on the Two-State Solution". The one state reality, they argued "is akin to apartheid" and the persistent invocation by political leaders and policy makers of the two-state solution, merely served "as a smokescreen to obscure this reality".

Unsurprisingly, last month's article in the Foreign Affairs magazine, which laid down the facts about Israel's apartheid system and Jewish supremacy, generated strong debate and criticism. Writing in the prestigious American journal, authors Michael Barnett, Nathan Brown, Marc Lynch and Shibley Telhami, claimed that Israel presides over a "One-State reality" and that it is "Time to Give Up on the Two-State Solution". The one state reality, they argued "is akin to apartheid" and the persistent invocation by political leaders and policy makers of the two-state solution, merely served "as a smokescreen to obscure this reality".

Arab-Israeli Yoseph Haddad traveled to South Africa, home to apartheid, to personally learn if apartheid exists in Israel. He asks: Is an Arab Muslim Israeli Supreme Court Justice apartheid? Is an Arab CEO of Israeli Bank Leumi apartheid?

Arab-Israeli Yoseph Haddad traveled to South Africa, home to apartheid, to personally learn if apartheid exists in Israel. He asks:

Is an Arab Muslim Israeli Supreme Court Justice apartheid?

Is an Arab CEO of Israeli Bank Leumi apartheid?

When 30% of doctors are Arabs, is that apartheid?

Is an Arab commander in the Israeli military overseeing Jewish soldiers apartheid?

Are Arab political parties since the establishment of the state of Israel apartheid?

South African native Olga Meshoe Washington: “I often find myself in a state of disbelief that Israel continues to be labeled an apartheid state. The diversity of Israeli politics, policies, culture, and overall Israeli life is incomparable to apartheid South Africa.

Because Israel haters are determined to accuse Israel of being an apartheid state, and be guilty of committing a crime against humanity, a new definition of apartheid is being advanced to perpetuate this lie conceived by anti-Israel propagandists. The false accusation of apartheid against Israel trivializes the humiliation & injustices endured by black South Africans who lived through apartheid & who still, together with their descendants, bear the scars of its legacy."

Meet Sumaiiah Almheiri, the first Emirati Arab woman to attend university in Israel.
“When I arrived, I saw how beautiful the country is. I saw the diversity of the society. I saw the Arabs and Jews sitting together. It was mind-blowing!”

Really comical how those flailing their pom poms for the fascist Islamic terrorists use endless, silly slogans they don't understand.

I guess the ''Pal'istan'' envisioned by Abbas will be the three square blocks of territory left occupied by the conglomeration of Islamic terrorist franchises.

Abbas pledges: There will be no Israelis in Palestine​

‘In a final resolution, we would not see the presence of a single Israeli — civilian or soldier — on our lands,’ says PA leader​

Forum List

Back