Is Wikileaks Founder Going to be Turned over to UK? US?

WikiLeaks Retweeted
WikiLeaks‏Verified account @wikileaks Sep 27
Why President Moreno's censorship of @JulianAssange (on behalf of the US and Spain) and constant threats to render him for expressing his opinion is a flagrant illegality, even under Ecuador's own constitution: http://pdba.georgetown.edu/Constitutions/Ecuador/english08.html … @davidakaye

DoHarymXgAM0gte.jpg

I haven't seen a single mention of him in the 40+ news feeds I read. Puzzling. No idea what's going on with him.

julianassange1901.jpg

He's been holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy for six years.

In March, the Ecuadorian government cut Assange’s phone and Internet contact with the outside world and barred his friends and supporters from visiting him.

The Ecuadorian authorities explained their action by stating that “Assange’s behavior, through his messages on social media, put at risk good relations this country has with the UK, the rest of the EU and other nations.”

Putting Assange on trial for espionage is a priority according to AG Sessions.

More @ Ecuador Prepares to Hand Julian Assange Over to UK, US - Reports
julianassange1901.jpg

He's been holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy for six years.

In March, the Ecuadorian government cut Assange’s phone and Internet contact with the outside world and barred his friends and supporters from visiting him.

The Ecuadorian authorities explained their action by stating that “Assange’s behavior, through his messages on social media, put at risk good relations this country has with the UK, the rest of the EU and other nations.”

More @ Ecuador Prepares to Hand Julian Assange Over to UK, US - Reports

Mmm, I’m torn on this guy. I feel he is a slimy fuck, I don’t feel he ever did or tried to rape anyone. I’m hoping he cuts a deal, reveal some long dead sources, maybe snitch. He has been pretty much stuck in his room for six years. I would just give him a ticket and safe passage to a safe country and call it good.

The-Sydney-Morning-Herald.jpg
'Mention of the cat is degrading': Assange sues over Ecuador terms

20 October 2018

Quito: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is suing Ecuador's Foreign Minister Jose Valencia over new rules of conduct imposed as a condition for him to remain at the country's embassy in London, according to his lawyer.
"Mention of the cat is degrading," Garzon said, adding that Assange is ill due to his prolonged confinement in the embassy. He still lacks access to the internet, his lawyer said.
The embassy has suspended Assange's internet access several times, citing similar concerns about Ecuador's relations with other countries. The most recent suspension began in March, after he criticised Western countries for expelling Russian diplomats in the wake of the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter in Britain. Some of his supporters also speculated that Ecuador was reacting to Assange's criticism of the Spanish government over the arrests of Catalan separatists.

Ecuador will respond to the lawsuit adequately, observing the rule of law, Valencia said in a statement posted on the foreign ministry's website. "The embassy has the right to protect its offices, the officials who work there, and even Mr. Assange himself," he wrote.
Documents made public this week revealed Ecuador granted citizenship to Assange in December in a failed bid to transfer him to Moscow as an Ecuadorian diplomat. Garzon said that "was a decision made by the government of Ecuador and accepted by Assange" and that failure of the plan, later blocked by the British Foreign Office, wasn't his client's fault. Assange, now an Ecuadorian citizen, remains under the protection of Quito, he added.

J.‏ @jaraparilla
Julian Assange was giving evidence via videolink from London but due to a poor Internet connection he was unable to understand the translation from #Ecuador, where he is being represented by lawyer Baltasar Garzón. Judge must set a new date.

El Telégrafo Ecuador‏ @el_telegrafo
#ATENCIÓN | Jueza Karina Martínez suspendió la audiencia de acción de protección del caso #JulianAssange por problemas técnicos de equipos y la traducción. Vía: @Maevaca

9:51 AM - 25 Oct 2018

government in crisis mode
Oct 23, 2018 | CuencaHighLife |

President Lenin Moreno summoned the government’s top officials to Carondelet Palace Monday following the weekend escape of Fernando Alvarado, communications secretary to former president Rafael Correa. Accused of 11 counts of embezzlement and mishandling of federal funds, Alvarado removed a court-ordered electronic shackle Friday night and disappeared

Last edited:

Sessions was fired, err, resigned, and it appears Assange now has Ecuadorian citizenship. He exposed serious money laundering at Julius Baer, and those "buddies" of his trying to visit him at the embassy are not, apparently, his real friends.

He may have escaped death by murder in a British jail by taking refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy. That 1,000,000# bail straight out of a female pop culture celebrity's purse is the sort of thing that might even be smoothed over at the courthouse a little more than they are letting on for us.

Forum List

Back