Is Diversity Killing America?

I think people are forgetting that this country was founded on cultural and religious diversity. It's the reason those freedoms were included in the constitution.

The biggest problem with diversity that I see is when xenophobic white guys, especially politicians, express their bigotry publicly. That dark-skinned dude you don't like is taking the PhD he just got from a top US program and high-tailing it back to his original country to get away from the bigotry.

Multiculturalism is a complete and utter failure.

Multiculturalism 'clearly' a failure: Sarkozy

Europe finally realized it. How long before we do?

It's a failure in Europe because Europe are forcing 'multiculturalism' on their indigenous people instead of telling newcomers to adapt to their society. What that does is fuel resentment, and gives rise to racism.

Governments, and do-gooders, should have their asses kicked until they understand basic principles. You cannot force people to accept others while forcing them to give up their traditions and way of life in order to accommodate others.

Sounds kind of racist to me.

I love watching Republicans tear down other Americans. They are a party that's 90% white and mostly Christian. The last bastion of "Non-diversity".

No Poll. I want folks to opine. What has changed in America since post WWII? Is there too much of a cultural & religious divide?

not since WW2... it's what's happened since lee atwater's brand of politics took hold in this country... was exacerbated by newt's contract on america and the impeachment of a popular sitting president; then intensified when bush was appointed by the court... and then rushbot and the boys swiftboated kerry...and karl rove pursued his permanent republican majority by any means necessary.

and now you have the spokespeople of the right getting rich my fomenting hatred... you know, like coultergeist saying a presidential candidate should die in a terrorist attack because she hated his politics; or like idiots like sarah saying there are "pro america parts of the country".

now... are there some on the left who do that? absolutely. and it's equally inexcusable. it's just not done nearly as well or in as organized a fashion as the right.

so no... it's not diversity... it's people thinking those that disagree with them are the enemy.

Last edited:
Since before the Foundation Era diversity has been America’s greatest asset.

The purpose of the Bill of Rights and the rule of law is to protect and promote diversity.

Indeed, it’s opposition to diversity that’s killing America.

Since before the Foundation Era diversity has been America’s greatest asset.

The purpose of the Bill of Rights and the rule of law is to protect and promote diversity.

Indeed, it’s opposition to diversity that’s killing America.

Indeed, that's about as stupid an assertion as the OP.

upsidedown.jpg

flagbattle004.jpg

(Then there is Quebec's Language Police that prowl the filing cabinets and desks of all of La Belle Province's businesses, making sure each and every contract is written in French. Bulldozing Quebec out to a position East of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick might be a bit of a problem.)

"Fly "Les Cieux Amicaux"

Americans! Watch out for the language police:

Flying the bilingual skies
The Tories [Conservatives] moved to extend the grasp of the official languages commissioner on Monday when they introduced an amendment to the Air Canada Public Participation Act that would make not only Air Canada subject to official bilingualism (it always has been), but also all of its "contracted carrier partners." Now, if you fly United Airlines - or any other carrier that has a contract to provide regional or international flights on behalf of Air Canada - you can demand the same level of bilingual service found on the main airline..."

small dead animals: Fly "Les Cieux Amicaux"

No Poll. I want folks to opine. What has changed in America since post WWII? Is there too much of a cultural & religious divide?

No, it's going to make Our country better and truly make it Our country. The only reality of a President my wife's students have know, is President Obama. Thi is going to change the mindset for the generations to come. Add more inter-marriage and the sharing of cultures, this country will only get better. There will definitely be bumps on the road and 'growing pains' but we will overcome it. God Bless America!

Of course diversity is killing America. Not merely other cultures, races and ethnicities, but the degree to which these cultures, races and ethnicities reject being American. They are helped along by well meaning liberals who ecourage non-assimilation. We aren't one country, we are a collection of tribes that occupy a geographical landmass and compete for its resources.
And people wonder why blacks vote for Democrats.

I hate to break it to you but if there were enough blacks to start their own party the dems would never see another black vote.

Just something to think about.

Of course diversity is killing America. Not merely other cultures, races and ethnicities, but the degree to which these cultures, races and ethnicities reject being American. They are helped along by well meaning liberals who ecourage non-assimilation. We aren't one country, we are a collection of tribes that occupy a geographical landmass and compete for its resources.
And people wonder why blacks vote for Democrats.

Negroes vote for democrats because the democrats promise them free shit and no matter what the Republican or Conservatives do, unless we're willing to promise to continue to give them free things, they won't turn on their democratic masters, just as the vast majority never turned against their plantation masters. They traded one master for another, only difference being the democratic master doesn't make them work for their room and board.

Waves of immigrants are arriving, and have been arriving here since the Pilgrims.

The more diversity the better! It's the sinew of American society.

I wonder how many folks who are fearful, suspicious and bigoted against new arrivals eat pizza, hot dogs, chow mein or tacos? How many of those fearful ignorant bigots lack chutzpah or suffer schadenfreude or consider themselves bon vivants?

What a tragically boring place this country would be if we were all the same. Listened to the same music, read the same books, ate the same food. Thank God for America! Thank God for the immigrants who come to revitalize this nation and add spice to the melting pot.

The problem with your theory is that immigrants of old assimilated.
The ones we have now dont.
Hell they dont even like America.

Forum List

Back