Is Cash On Its Way Out?

The only time I use cash is for gifts to my grandkids for Xmas and B'days.

I look forward to the day when my grocery store has check out lanes for credit/debit cards only. I groan when someone ahead of me pulls out cash, especially those who fumble with a coin purse in order to render the exact change. Pain in the ass. :mad:

Last edited:
There will always be cash. If lefties attempt to interfere with private transactions by replacing traditional cash with digital money they can use to force their ideology, something will inevitably replace it.

It will still be used by the common people in one form or another in the ''grey market'' if the powers that be turn us into a cashless society.

Just how is cash going to go "out". I just don't see it happening. As long as one nation produces money, it will be used by people.

I just heard that people were pushing it just like they are with self-checkouts. The only difference is that in one situation people are losing their jobs and in the other it's their security.

I use cash often.

I buy and sell cars and motorcycles pretty regularly, and I only pay with and accept cash as payment.

Also, I use cash for tips: valets, doormen, drivers, bellhops. You think the guy bringing my luggage to my room wants his tip through Venmo? I don't think so.
I was listening to NPR last night, and they were talking about how El Salvador passed a law which legalizes Bitcoin as legal tender. The government invested heavily in it. I guess there was some drop in the value of Bitcoin, though, which could have an adverse impact on the economy. Also, despite the law stating that businesses had to accept Bitcoin as payment for good and services, many businesses have gone to accepting only cash due to technical problems with Bitcoin which were causing merchants to lose a lot of money.

No, I'll stick with cash. I like cash. It smells good...

I just heard that people were pushing it just like they are with self-checkouts. The only difference is that in one situation people are losing their jobs and in the other it's their security.
I use the self-checkout if I only have a few items. Love it!

Well if you, or anyone reading this , is worried that your cash is going to become worthless, I'll give you 30% of face value right now.

Forum List

Back