Is Biden at fault for the worse inflation rate in 40 years?

Utter nonsense. Minorities were not much of a problem during the real estate bubble. CRA loans were heavily regulated, poor minorities were purchasing lower priced properties and the bubble didn't even start deflating until about a decade later, all the while, CRA loans were holding up fine. The real problem was repealing parts of Glass-Steagall, predatory lending and folks flipping houses who owned multiple properties they defaulted on when house prices dropped while interest rates increased. That's not on Obama or Bush. Clinton played a bigger role than either of them.

Yep, without the repeal of G/S, every single minority homeowner could have defaulted on their loans and we wouldn't have had the problem we had. The problem was banks gambling money that wasn't even theirs and being insured by the government.

It was much like telling anyone that wants to go, to go to Vegas and gamble all you want. Don't worry, if you lose the government will cover you.

because banks didnt discriminate against blacks as much as they used to, that caused the subprime mortgage meltdown; the typical racist view. This is exactly what i was referring to.

The primary cause of the 2008 mortgage crisis was these mortgage-backed securities created by hedge funds and banks. Then, insurance companies covered those securities with credit default swaps. This created an asset bubble that collapsed with the slightest increase in interest rates.

Banks did lend to those with insufficient credit rating, but that was a tiny fraction of what was going on compared to the mortgage-backed securities and credit default swaps.
NOT one source of your information! JUST your personal evidently uninformed opinion.
HERE read FACTS!
VERY IMPORTANT 2008 CRASH INFORMATION!!!
KEY TAKEAWAYS
The stock market and housing crash of 2008 had its origins in the unprecedented growth of the subprime mortgage market beginning in 1999.
U.S. government-sponsored mortgage lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made home loans accessible to borrowers who had low credit scores and a higher risk of defaulting on loans.
These borrowers were called "subprime borrowers" and were allowed to take out adjustable-rate mortgages, which would start out with low monthly payments that would become much larger after a few years.
Financial firms sold these subprime loans to large commercial investors in pools of mortgages known as mortgage-backed securities (MBS).
By the fall of 2008, borrowers were defaulting on subprime mortgages in high numbers, causing turmoil in the financial markets, the collapse of the stock market, and the ensuing global Great Recession.
Not my uninformed opinion... but experts.
Robert R. Prechter Jr., the founder of Elliott Wave International, consistently argued that the out-of-control mortgage market was a threat to the U.S. economy as the whole industry was dependent on ever-increasing property values. In his 2002 book Conquer the Crash, Prechter stated, "confidence is the only thing holding up this giant house of cards

Again NOT my opinion!! READ the article!

That is your unsubstantiated, subjective opinion.

Here is the link to the following factors:

KEY TAKEAWAYS​

• The stock market and housing crash of 2008 had its origins in the unprecedented growth of the subprime mortgage market beginning in 1999.
  • U.S. government-sponsored mortgage lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made home loans accessible to borrowers who had low credit scores and a higher risk of defaulting on loans.
  • These borrowers were called "subprime borrowers" and were allowed to take out adjustable-rate mortgages, which would start out with low monthly payments that would become much larger after a few years.
  • Financial firms sold these subprime loans to large commercial investors in pools of mortgages known as mortgage-backed securities (MBS).
  • By the fall of 2008, borrowers were defaulting on subprime mortgages in high numbers, causing turmoil in the financial markets, the collapse of the stock market, and the ensuing global Great Recession.
Robert R. Prechter Jr., the founder of Elliott Wave International, consistently argued that the out-of-control mortgage market was a threat to the U.S. economy as the whole industry was dependent on ever-increasing property values. In his 2002 book Conquer the Crash, Prechter stated, "confidence is the only thing holding up this giant house of cards

the same thing is right there on that investopedia page under "the rise of mortgage related investment products.

it was the corrupt rating agencies that groups a bunch of subprime loans and then gave them a good rating

rr4h2ckcqki81.png

That is your unsubstantiated, subjective opinion.

Here is the link to the following factors:

KEY TAKEAWAYS​

• The stock market and housing crash of 2008 had its origins in the unprecedented growth of the subprime mortgage market beginning in 1999.
  • U.S. government-sponsored mortgage lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made home loans accessible to borrowers who had low credit scores and a higher risk of defaulting on loans.
  • These borrowers were called "subprime borrowers" and were allowed to take out adjustable-rate mortgages, which would start out with low monthly payments that would become much larger after a few years.
  • Financial firms sold these subprime loans to large commercial investors in pools of mortgages known as mortgage-backed securities (MBS).
  • By the fall of 2008, borrowers were defaulting on subprime mortgages in high numbers, causing turmoil in the financial markets, the collapse of the stock market, and the ensuing global Great Recession.

What percentage of subprime loans were CRA?

What percentage of subprime loans were CRA?
As a result, the percentage of subprime mortgages doubled, from 10 percent to 20 percent, of all mortgages between 2001 and 2006. By 2007, it had grown into a $1.3 trillion industry. The creation of mortgage-backed securities and the secondary market was what got us out of the 2001 recession.
Such a simple internet search!

Yep, without the repeal of G/S, every single minority homeowner could have defaulted on their loans and we wouldn't have had the problem we had. The problem was banks gambling money that wasn't even theirs and being insured by the government.

It was much like telling anyone that wants to go, to go to Vegas and gamble all you want. Don't worry, if you lose the government will cover you.
So if the CRA was covering these loans, where was the gamble? It was a sure thing that the loans would be covered...something Obama/Clinton and this guy at the time who LATER changed his mind opinion!

For years, Barney Frank was a staunch supporter of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the giant government housing agencies that played such an enormous role in the financial meltdown that thrust the economy into the Great Recession.
But in a recent CNBC interview, Frank told me that he was ready to say goodbye to Fannie and Freddie.
"I hope by next year we'll have abolished Fannie and Freddie," he said. Remarkable. And he went on to say that "it was a great mistake to push lower-income people into housing they couldn't afford and couldn't really handle once they had it." He then added,
"I had been too sanguine about Fannie and Freddie."

So maybe you could also be "too sanguine"???

I have a client who's a Regional VP of a paint company. We met last week. He was telling me how almost every step in the production process is fucked up.

They can't get cans to put the fucking paint in. They can't get the right color ink to put on the labels that go on their cans. They can't make certain shades of paint because they can't get the right ingredients. Meanwhile, demand is stronger than ever. It was fucking mind-blowing to listen to. If the overall supply chain is as messed up for other industries as it is for his, we're a long way from this being over.

Their production and distribution process is running at about 25% of normal, everything is backordered, and their competition is in the same mess. So what are they all having to do? Increase prices at the wholesale and consumer levels, of course. Economics at its most fundamental.
Attacking truckers, locking down for covid among the healthy, paying people not to work, giving idiots free money creates artificial supply and artificial demand at the same time---leading to shortages.

So if the CRA was covering these loans, where was the gamble? It was a sure thing that the loans would be covered...something Obama/Clinton and this guy at the time who LATER changed his mind opinion!

For years, Barney Frank was a staunch supporter of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the giant government housing agencies that played such an enormous role in the financial meltdown that thrust the economy into the Great Recession.
But in a recent CNBC interview, Frank told me that he was ready to say goodbye to Fannie and Freddie.
"I hope by next year we'll have abolished Fannie and Freddie," he said. Remarkable. And he went on to say that "it was a great mistake to push lower-income people into housing they couldn't afford and couldn't really handle once they had it." He then added,
"I had been too sanguine about Fannie and Freddie."

So maybe you could also be "too sanguine"???

Barney Frank should have went to prison.

Many of he houses that were defaulted on never had to be. People lost their jobs after the crash. They tried to refinance at the new lower rates and were turned down because of being upside down on the loans.

We created HARP which was supposed to address this but instead of doing so the banks used HARP to pay back their TARP loans.

healthmyths Faun dudmuck

There was no one thing or even 2-3 things that caused the subprime mortgage debacle. It was all the things you all are talking about that combined to cause it.

Glass Steagal
CRA
Credit Agencies
Hedge Funds
.com burst
Lenders
Borrowers
etc

Everyone has their piece of the large blame pie in this one.

its just like they blamed Obama for the subprime mortgage meltdown, aka the "great recession". The subprime mortgage meltdown was gaining full steam during the mccain-obama campaign. Then it peaked a month or two after Obama went into office. Yet somehow blamed even though there was no time yet to implement anything.

Today the inflation is global. I'd like to hear how Biden is responsible for British inflation.

Well, look it up, lol. I did! The number 1 cause of inflation for the British is........wait for it...........ENERGY! Yes, other factors are in play, but the number 1, according to reports, not according to me mind you, is ENERGY!

Now, who keeps begging OPEC when we have all of this stuff here causing the global energy market to tighten? I didn't look up any more countries besides Britain, I will leave that to you, but it wouldn't surprise me if most of those also point at that as the culprit.

I think you are reasonably intelligent, so I will ask you a simple question--------------> When the number 1 country in energy reserves totally changes course on how they are going to use their natural resources, especially energy, do you think that the energy market prices would then.............go UP, or DOWN-)

Attacking truckers, locking down for covid among the healthy, paying people not to work, giving idiots free money creates artificial supply and artificial demand at the same time---leading to shortages.

Everything about our economy has been artificial for decades. We created new bubbles to cover for the last bubble.

healthmyths Faun dudmuck

There was no one thing or even 2-3 things that caused the subprime mortgage debacle. It was all the things you all are talking about that combined to cause it.

Glass Steagal
CRA
Credit Agencies
Hedge Funds
.com burst
Lenders
Borrowers
etc

Everyone has their piece of the large blame pie in this one.
Yes I agree! But some things were larger and had more of an effect.

As a result, the percentage of subprime mortgages doubled, from 10 percent to 20 percent, of all mortgages between 2001 and 2006. By 2007, it had grown into a $1.3 trillion industry. The creation of mortgage-backed securities and the secondary market was what got us out of the 2001 recession.
Such a simple internet search!
Yes, it was simple. The idea was by having you find that number, you would see for yourself how ridiculous it was for you to blame the CRA for the real estate crash given such a small percentage of subprime loans were CRA.

So? Did you learn?

Yes, it was simple. The idea was by having you find that number, you would see for yourself how ridiculous it was for you to blame the CRA for the real estate crash given such a small percentage of subprime loans were CRA.

So? Did you learn?
math means nothing. LOL

Everything about our economy has been artificial for decades. We created new bubbles to cover for the last bubble.
Yes, but lessening the spread of covid is an economic issue. I personally think the worry about truckdrivers is just another example of elitist liberals needing to micromanage other lives, though

Yes, but lessening the spread of covid is an economic issue. I personally think the worry about truckdrivers is just another example of elitist liberals needing to micromanage other lives, though

There are minority examples of where this is not true but IMO the vast majority of people who go into politics do so because they have a desire to micromanage others.

There are minority examples of where this is not true but IMO the vast majority of people who go into politics do so because they have a desire to micromanage others.
Well, I won't disagree that the gop stopped being conservative when Reagan threw goldwater under the bus to capture the Xiantheocrat vote. BUT they kept abortion legal until McConnell saw giving them victory was his only way to keep the senate.

Forum List

Back