Introduction to fasting.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Introduce yourself to fasting by simply skipping breakfast and lunch (on your day off from work of course). No need for mental or spiritual gymnastics, just abstain from eating anything for a few hours and observe your physical and mental reactions. You may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Introduce yourself to fasting by simply skipping breakfast and lunch (on your day off from work of course). No need for mental or spiritual gymnastics, just abstain from eating anything for a few hours and observe your physical and mental reactions. You may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

I do it several days a week. Not as some granola thing but just because I am a sloth. Do it too many days in a row and I start to get headaches.

I eat breakfast every morning. I'll have two or three eggs, which are great for boosting your metabolism.

I rarely eat three meals a day. If I have lunch, I normally won't have dinner. If I've got dinner plans I'll forego lunch...

I do it several days a week. Not as some granola thing but just because I am a sloth. Do it too many days in a row and I start to get headaches.
Headaches while fasting are one sign that your body may be purging some nasty stuff.

The typical american diet is bad. Fasting is a huge plus. I've been doing it for 15 years. Skip breakfast. 5 k run. Salad lunch. Good supper. I'm 91 years old. On zero meds. american diets are bad. Terrible. Horrific. Beyond terrible. Disgusting. But you can overcome.

Google the benefits of intermittent fasting.

The typical american diet is bad. Fasting is a huge plus. I've been doing it for 15 years. Skip breakfast. 5 k run. Salad lunch. Good supper. I'm 91 years old. On zero meds. american diets are bad. Terrible. Horrific. Beyond terrible. Disgusting. But you can overcome.
Americans are terribly misinformed by a complicit irresponsible media. But there's still plenty of good information online if you look for it.

Headaches while fasting are one sign that your body may be purging some nasty stuff.

Or that you just have low blood sugar.

I think the intermittent fasting trend has some benefits. Generally, we eat too much, and especially too much bad food, and we don't move enough. Fasting cuts down on that, but then again, so does just eating small bits rather than great big meals.

People who eat low calories live longer and are healthier. It appears Americans are eating ourselves to death.

Or that you just have low blood sugar.

I think the intermittent fasting trend has some benefits. Generally, we eat too much, and especially too much bad food, and we don't move enough. Fasting cuts down on that, but then again, so does just eating small bits rather than great big meals.

People who eat low calories live longer and are healthier. It appears Americans are eating ourselves to death.
Many "dig their own graves with fork and spoon."

Sounds like a fad to me. Eating lots of small meals throughout the day is still the healthiest way to eat.

Fasting is ten times easier when you aren't leaving the house. I prefer to socially fast while I physically fast. Works very well that way. You'll find it frustrating to fast in the open public while on the go.

Once I fasted for 12 days. It was brutal. I didn’t drink anything but water. I didn’t eat a doggone thing or take any medicine. The first two days were pretty fantastic. If you do fast it is a good idea to keep a journal. I came up with some really good meal plans. I was obsessed with food and talked about it constantly. Once you start eating again your body really hates it. I can’t say I recommend it. It wasn’t fun at all. Also, I had an office job at the time. I don’t know if it would have been smart to do if I would have been working in manual labor.

Once I fasted for 12 days. It was brutal. I didn’t drink anything but water. I didn’t eat a doggone thing or take any medicine. The first two days were pretty fantastic. If you do fast it is a good idea to keep a journal. I came up with some really good meal plans. I was obsessed with food and talked about it constantly. Once you start eating again your body really hates it. I can’t say I recommend it. It wasn’t fun at all. Also, I had an office job at the time. I don’t know if it would have been smart to do if I would have been working in manual labor.
Fasting is actually complete physical rest, inside and out. To do any physical or mental activity or work during a fast defeats it's very purpose.

Forum List

Back