Intensive tax audits by IRS

Liberal selective outrage on display. Concern over an FBI director's tax audit but shoulder shrugs on admitted wrongdoing by the IRS against Conservatives.

Are you going to comment on the actual topic of the thread or not?

So, the NY Times published an article about Comey and McCabe both being "randomly" chosen for this rare type of audit.

Now, while I have little doubt they were targeted, that misses the bigger story.

I watched a tax expert explain these audits yesterday, and they are used by the IRS to determine the difference between how much people are being taxed and how much is being paid. It is an internal system for their own analysis. People are chosen at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because.

People end up paying thousands to tax lawyers to help them. The story last night said that Comey had to provide a copy of the family Christmas card to show as evidence his kids really lived with him the year he said they did.

People like Comey can afforded it, but the average Joe is just screwed.

Yet it goes on every year, year in year out no matter who is in the White House, no matter how controls Congress.

Thus this is not a party issue, it is not a left vs right issue.

It is a "what they hell" issue. Why is this even legal?

Did it bother you all those who lied or engaged in criminal activities are basically getting by without being charged, much less convicted of anything? No, of course not.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hillary, obama, valerie jarrett, john podesta and his creepy brother tony, susan rice, loretta lynch, peter strzok, lisa page, bruce ohr and his strange wife, comey, rosenstein, mccabe, weissman, mueller, eric holder, lois lerner, james clapper, john brennan, wasserman-schultz and anwar her pakistani congressional hacker, huma abedin,. discredited lawyers avenatti and cohen, the clinton foundation, and the MSM itself.

Then there are these scoundrels we know are serial liars and deceivers ----- pelosi, schumer, schiff, nadler, AOC, ilhan omar, maxine waters.

I have no idea what Durham is doing or whose side he is on, but the evidence and crimes are glaring. Perhaps he or his family are being threatened or blackmailed by the “deep state” like so many others, no doubt, have been.

Did it bother you all those who lied or engaged in criminal activities are basically getting by without being charged, much less convicted of anything? No, of course not.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hillary, obama, valerie jarrett, john podesta and his creepy brother tony, susan rice, loretta lynch, peter strzok, lisa page, bruce ohr and his strange wife, comey, rosenstein, mccabe, weissman, mueller, eric holder, lois lerner, james clapper, john brennan, wasserman-schultz and anwar her pakistani congressional hacker, huma abedin,. discredited lawyers avenatti and cohen, the clinton foundation, and the MSM itself.

Then there are these scoundrels we know are serial liars and deceivers ----- pelosi, schumer, schiff, nadler, AOC, ilhan omar, maxine waters.

I have no idea what Durham is doing or whose side he is on, but the evidence and crimes are glaring. Perhaps he or his family are being threatened or blackmailed by the “deep state” like so many others, no doubt, have been.

Do you think maybe you could address the point of the thread?
How do you feel about people being chosen at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because.

Are you ok with this?

Do you think maybe you could address the point of the thread?
How do you feel about people being chosen at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because.

Are you ok with this?
I do not think it was random. If the IRS were an honest organization (they are not!) I would be ok with random audits.

But what surprises me is that the hyper left IRS actually has someone who must be "anti-left" and went after a couple of crooks on the left. That is hard to believe.

I do not think it was random. If the IRS were an honest organization (they are not!) I would be ok with random audits.

But what surprises me is that the hyper left IRS actually has someone who must be "anti-left" and went after a couple of crooks on the left. That is hard to believe.

My thread is not about Comey, it is about the average American that has this shit happen to them. That is where my concern lies. I do not give a fuck if the IRS targets Comey every year

Let me post it for you again...

I watched a tax expert explain these audits yesterday, and they are used by the IRS to determine the difference between how much people are being taxed and how much is being paid. It is an internal system for their own analysis. People are chosen at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because.

People end up paying thousands to tax lawyers to help them. The story last night said that Comey had to provide a copy of the family Christmas card to show as evidence his kids really lived with him the year he said they did.

People like Comey can afforded it, but the average Joe is just screwed.

Yet it goes on every year, year in year out no matter who is in the White House, no matter how controls Congress.

So maybe your idea that the IRS is "hyper left" is just wrong. Has that occurred to you?

If they didn't do anything wrong, they have nothing to worry about. Right?
How many thousands of dollars do you have to spend proving to the IRS you did nothing wrong though? That's time and money you never get back. The tax code is far to complicated, evidenced by the fact that we need a government agency with a budget of 13 billion dollars and 80k employees to collect said taxes.

How many thousands of dollars do you have to spend proving to the IRS you did nothing wrong though? That's time and money you never get back. The tax code is far to complicated, evidenced by the fact that we need a government agency with a budget of 13 billion dollars and 80k employees to collect said taxes.

And these audits are not even about someone making a mistake or cheating, they are done randomly for internal IRS use only. That is the worst part of it all.

And these audits are not even about someone making a mistake or cheating, they are done randomly for internal IRS use only. That is the worst part of it all.
The IRS should provide the "examinee" with a tax lawyer. If it's just for IRS internal use do you have to cooperate? I guess if you dont you'll get the not just for IRS internal use audit.

What is your opinion of the IRS choosing people at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because?

You know, the topic of the thread...

The IRS never does audits randomly. They identify a pool of tax returns that raise certain red flags, and from that pool they choose the audits randomly.

These guys had tax returns that raised red flags, which doesn't surprise me since they're both corrupt as fuck.

The IRS never does audits randomly. They identify a pool of tax returns that raise certain red flags, and from that pool they choose the audits randomly.

These guys had tax returns that raised red flags, which doesn't surprise me since they're both corrupt as fuck.

Yes, they do audits randomly, they are done for internal analysis to determine the difference between what people are paying and what the IRS thinks people should be paying. They pick 5 to 6 thousand people randomly each year for this.

What is your opinion of the IRS choosing people at random and they then have to undergo the most intensive audit the IRS does. Not because they are suspected of wrong doing or had an error on their taxes, but just because?

You know, the topic of the thread...
Doesn't it strike you as being a little odd and a bit peculiar that the MSM are pushing this story implying impropriety by Trump, right at the same time as Jan 6th hearings are going on? Quite the coincidence, don't you think?

My thread is not about Comey, it is about the average American that has this shit happen to them. That is where my concern lies.
I already answered your main point or question. I will repeat it here ---- If the IRS were an honest organization (they are not!) I would be ok with random audits. ---- Is that plain enough for you?

So maybe your idea that the IRS is "hyper left" is just wrong. Has that occurred to you?

How much time should one spend on your wayward musings?
Google has become an enemy. So of course I have to go to duckduckgo.com to find an article that reports on the 7, yes 7, IRS hard drives that all mysteriously crashed within a month or so after the congressional inquiry on the IRS. That major operation alone is irrefutable proof of how politically biased and motivated was the IRS to act deviously and illegally against the American people, conservative groups and Christian groups in particular. And that tells you or your consciences not a thing, apparently.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
What are the odds of 7 specific IRS hard drives crashing?

Commissioner John Koskinen admitted that the IRS told the Obama administration about Lois Lerner's missing emails in April, six weeks before telling Congress, even though Congress had subpoenaed Lerner's emails as part of its investigation into the alleged denying, delaying and muzzling of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status before the 2010 election.
What are the odds of 7 specific IRS hard drives crashing?
Here’s why I think there’s a cover-up happening in the IRS targeting scandal …
Lois Lerner is at the heart of the investigation. She exercised her 5th amendment right to not self-incriminate and didn’t testify to Congress.
Then, it’s “discovered” that 10 days after the scandal inquiry kicked off, her PC hard drive – which contained the only permanent copies of emails she sent to folks outside the IRS – crashed … and all data – including the subpoenaed emails – was lost forever. …Hmmm.
Then it was revealed that the hard drives of 6 other IRS “persons of interest” had also crashed (after the investigation was kicked off. ….Double hmmm.

I already answered your main point or question. I will repeat it here ---- If the IRS were an honest organization (they are not!) I would be ok with random audits. ---- Is that plain enough for you?

It is. So, why would you be ok with the IRS forcing tax payers to do a random audit that is only designed to give the IRS internal data to use? Is it fair that they force people to pay for a tax lawyer due to these random audits?

Forum List

Back