I'm so happy this music is making a come back with stuff like Stranger Things and now Ace Marino in The Disaster Artist trailer.

Post your favorites if you like this kind of music too. :)
Come back? It has always been out there, one just had to look a bit harder for it. Believe it or not, electronica survived long and well in of all places, dance clubs, right through the eighties & nineties.
I am a little more old school, as I feel no discussion of electronica could not be complete without the inimitable Simon House of Hawkwind fame. This is one off Quark, Stangeness & Charm LP; The Forge of Vulcan:

After Autobahn, the next electronica album that caught my attention was Phaedra, by Tangerine Dream. Back then, money was tight and an album purchase was a major expenditure. I was not disappointed. The original lineup of Froese, Franke & Baumann turned out a seminal gem that stands up against anything done today on today's equipment. Sadly, Edgar Froese passed beyond several years ago but not before he put together the 35th anniversary tour of Phaedra where this clip was taken from. This lineup includes Edgar Froese, Jerome Froese, Thorsten Quaesching, along with Zlatko Perica, Linda Spa and Iris Camaa.
Side 2, track 1, The Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares, enjoy TD live at Shepard's Bush, 2005:

New Topics

Forum List

Back