I Got A Chipmunk In My House 0__0

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I know this isn't pet related, but still. The cat found it and now she gave up on it and now it's underneath our China cabinet. We're probably going to wind up setting traps for this thing since I don't think that it's going to come out on its own. We still don't want to hurt it if possible though.

I know this isn't pet related, but still. The cat found it and now she gave up on it and now it's underneath our China cabinet. We're probably going to wind up setting traps for this thing since I don't think that it's going to come out on its own. We still don't want to hurt it if possible though.

That little sonofabitch can bite the hell out of you. Their teeth are razor sharp.

• Banned
That little sonofabitch can bite the hell out of you. Their teeth are razor sharp.

Why do you think I'm skittish of being inside my own home? Lol it's cute but I'm afraid of getting bitten and getting rabies or something. And now his or her crap is going to be all over the place too.

Why do you think I'm skittish of being inside my own home? Lol it's cute but I'm afraid of getting bitten and getting rabies or something. And now his or her crap is going to be all over the place too.

The cats will take care of it. They'd probably like the entertainment anyway.

Chipmunk is goooood eatin'

-A-gluttonous-eastern-chipmunk.-BRIAN-LASENBY--e1551883784204.jpg

• Banned
I don't think that it would be too appetizing though and it is cute, I just want it out of my house. XD

Nothing lures a chipmunk like a peanut! I was able to get one to eat out of my hand for several years before it died of old age and it always chose the peanut over biting my finger.

• Banned
Nothing lures a chipmunk like a peanut! I was able to get one to eat out of my hand for several years before it died of old age and it always chose the peanut over biting my finger.

Yeah, that's what we're thinking of doing. :)

lol. Then why are you here and not in the process of getting rid of it :D

A broom and an open door is very convincing to a rodent.

Because what else could I do lol but I'm not sure if a broom would fit underneath there. I suppose I could try though.

That little devil is somewhere still in this house and we can't find it and the cat can't find it so we're thinking of setting up traps before it starts eating our food, the cat's food, and the food we have for the outdoor wildlife. (Birds and squirrels mostly.)

Here's a quick update about the chipmunk in my house. So far we still haven't seen it, so we're thinking that it probably got out through the wall or something. That's just as well, I just hope that we don't get anymore in here and they start having babies inside the house or we're getting a (humane) trap for it/them.

Here's a quick update about the chipmunk in my house. So far we still haven't seen it, so we're thinking that it probably got out through the wall or something. That's just as well, I just hope that we don't get anymore in here and they start having babies inside the house or we're getting a (humane) trap for it/them.
You are going to have to figure out how it got in and fix it or it will be back with it's friends.

You are going to have to figure out how it got in and fix it or it will be back with it's friends.
Ya, unless it snuck out a door when you were not looking. You have warmth and food.

There is a less palatable possibility too, it died at the back of a cupboard or under some furniture. I had that happen once and it did not smell until it made a nasty mess :(

There is a less palatable possibility too, it died at the back of a cupboard or under some furniture. I had that happen once and it did not smell until it made a nasty mess :(

That reminds me of the time my gerbil died on the bottom of my cage and I never knew it until it started smelling like death inside my house a few days or maybe even a week after the fact.

Forum List

Back