I Can't Understand Not Telling the American People the Truth on Benghazi...

Honor and integrity are in short supply in Washington, been that way for quite awhile. Far as I can tell neither side has the moral high ground; lies, deception, misinformation, stonewalling, etc., have all become SOP when you get into some kind of trouble. It plays out over and over again, irrespective of political party.

In this case I will always believe that with less than 2 months to go before the election, a decision was made in the WH to put forth the story about the video and a demonstration that got out of control. Obama had been trumpeting all summer about how he had Al Quaida on the run, and this attack ran counter to that line. So, they went with that story and waited to see the reaction from the media, which was damn near nil except for Fox News. No reason to admit anything, no pressure was forthcoming from the media or the Romney campaign to change the story, and so they didn't.

They knew it was not true, had to know almost instantly; hell, there was nobody in the street less than an hour before the attack, and the State Dept was in real time communication with the people in Benghazi. A State dept official testified to that beofre Congress. They knew and deliberately lied about it, both Clinton and Obama standing next to the caskets of the dead ambassador and the 3 other Americans who were killed.

Why? Political reasons, nothing more and nothing less. I don't give a damn who lied about the Iran Contra deal or the WMDs in Iraq or Monica freakin' Lewinsky. None of that justifies doing it again. What difference does it make? Well, I guess that depends whether you like being lied to, or whether you can trust a president who does not tell you the truth. I guess it depends on whether you think it's okay if the media does not hold every president accountable for his actions. I guess it depends on whether you think it's okay if your side does it but not the other.

Unfortunately this is politics as usual. Even when he knew the truth he knew he couldn't backpedal. The election was too close, and he felt that winning was worth the risk of looking like a liar later on. Since both sides never hold their people accountable for their lies Benghazi will be forgotten by 2016.

Obama knew the first day, so why claim otherwise for 2 weeks? Why make the claim even after the press outed the real facts? Why lie to the Un and the American People?

BECAUSE THE CIA ASKED THEM NOT TO REVEAL WHAT THEY KNEW ABOUT THE TERRORIST ATTACK BECAUSE THEY WERE MONITORING THE TERRORISTS RADIO COMMUNICATIONS.

How many times does this need to be said? Republican violated this request for secrecy and further endangered the lives of the field operatives in Benghaze.

Hillary's right. It really doesn't matter if it was the movie or a terrorist attack. Those people died because they weren't prepared to defend themselves adequately. The purpose of the investigation is not to lay blame but to improve methods.

I was impressed that Rand Paul later went on TV and said Hillary had a point and they should drop all of this partisan bickering going forward. Kudos to Clinton to standing up to the worst bullying of a SoS I've ever seen.

Hillary Clinton is the coolest woman in Washington!

Obama knew the first day, so why claim otherwise for 2 weeks? Why make the claim even after the press outed the real facts? Why lie to the Un and the American People?

BECAUSE THE CIA ASKED THEM NOT TO REVEAL WHAT THEY KNEW ABOUT THE TERRORIST ATTACK BECAUSE THEY WERE MONITORING THE TERRORISTS RADIO COMMUNICATIONS.

How many times does this need to be said? Republican violated this request for secrecy and further endangered the lives of the field operatives in Benghaze.

Hillary's right. It really doesn't matter if it was the movie or a terrorist attack. Those people died because they weren't prepared to defend themselves adequately. The purpose of the investigation is not to lay blame but to improve methods.

I was impressed that Rand Paul later went on TV and said Hillary had a point and they should drop all of this partisan bickering going forward. Kudos to Clinton to standing up to the worst bullying of a SoS I've ever seen.

Weren't prepared because....

Bush said clearly the Saddam Hussein was a ticking bomb and he would not wait for him to explode. And the captured documents from his Government prove he was right. Saddam Hussein kept his nuclear science team together, he hide equipment to restart the program and he was just waiting for France, China and Russia to lift sanctions. Further his Biological chemical factories were dual use and he maintained stockpiles of precursors to return to mass production, all proven conclusively by captured documents.

Sure, 10 years before the invasion. The same documents show he had dismantled them long before we invaded.

As for Benghazi, I see nothing there.

First of all... Link.

Second of all, why was the President still going after the Obscure YouTube Video in front of the UN WAY after the Fact?...

:)

peace...

When Republicans were warned and thousands of Americans died on 9/11, they gave it a pass.

When Benghazi happens and no one was expecting it, sadly a couple of Americans die, and Republicans are outraged.

I would have thought they would be outraged over both. Guess not.

When Republicans were warned and thousands of Americans died on 9/11, they gave it a pass.

When Benghazi happens and no one was expecting it, sadly a couple of Americans die, and Republicans are outraged.

Republicans were Warned?...

Try Clinton in 1999...

He got a Detailed Report that al Qaeda wanted to use Aircraft against targets like the Pentagon...

Go ahead and Link me what Clinton did with that Detailed Report.

As for the August 6th PDB... It was Observing the Obvious... bin Laden Declared War on us in 1996... During Clinton... No Specifics in that PDB AT ALL.

The FIRST Warning was in February of 1993...

WTC Bombing... The Mastermind behind 9/11 did it... And got away...

Later Finished it after 8 years of Clinton's Inaction on Terror.

Save the "Republicans" Tripe for people who didn't Live the History. :thup:

peace...

109 facilities Sealed by UN were Empty by the time were done playing footsies with the French at the UN...

WMD is MISSING.

peace...

There never were WMD, it was just the excuse Cheney used to get control of Iraqi oil. It was always about the oil fields. If you believe in WMD, I have a ski resort in Miami I'd like to sell you.

109 facilities Sealed by UN were Empty by the time were done playing footsies with the French at the UN...

WMD is MISSING.

peace...

There never were WMD, it was just the excuse Cheney used to get control of Iraqi oil. It was always about the oil fields. If you believe in WMD, I have a ski resort in Miami I'd like to sell you.

Not entirely true. They did have the chemical weapons we sold them back in the 80's. And for a very short time (well before the first gulf war) they had a very poor nuclear program that went nowhere.

Beyond that, I've seen no evidence of weapons of mass destruction.

And one more thing... I don't think Iraq was about oil so much as about Israel.

It was perceived at high levels here and in Israel that the US needed a base of operations in the region. I think the oil was seen as a side benefit.

Last edited:

Try Clinton in 1999...

He got a Detailed Report that al Qaeda wanted to use Aircraft against targets like the Pentagon...

As for the August 6th PDB... It was Observing the Obvious... bin Laden Declared War on us in 1996... During Clinton... No Specifics in that PDB AT ALL.

peace...

He gave it to Bush and Rice. Rice called it a "historical document".

They STILL do not know everything that went on that day....

MANY PROTESTS took place that day which DID involve the movie they thought was blasphemous....WHY PRETEND those didn't happen on sept 11th as well? Why do you ignore them mal?

these protests were going on throughout the world....to initially think they could have somehow been linked is understandable, isn't it?

It would be besepha the Fact that they Knew better at the end of that day and yet Barry went before the UN two weeks later and Continued to Lie and also Lament the Restrictions that our Constitution apparently puts on him to deal with those who would DARE to Illustrate Islam as what it is in the form an Obscure YouTube Video.

peace...
Uhhh, I don't believe Obama mentioned Benghazi when he was talking at the UN about the other protests/attacks that happened september 11th. Can you show where he specifically mentioned Benghazi?

I initially dismissed your post and told you to go look it up...

Here it is, because I've always liked you C4A. ;)

Transcript: President Obama Delivers Remarks at the United Nations, Invokes Slain Libya Ambassador Chris Stevens, Iran - ABC News

You can read his own words to the UN or YouTube the video...

Two weeks AFTER Benghazi and his address to the UN about it includes Lamenting the "Free Speech" that caused the YouTube video that was NOT the Motivation behind Benghazi...

At this point, Obama was 100% clear on what happened in Benghazi yet he continued the Lie.

There were no Protests of that Film at our Consulate that day... And they knew it:

Officials: No protests before Benghazi attack - POLITICO.com

peace...

Try Clinton in 1999...

peace...

Yup ad to that the fact that John O'Neil in Clintons FBI knew something was going to happen. He was smart enough to connect the dots.

He didn't know where or when but he knew something bad was going to happen. How right that man was. He tried to tell the FBI and they pretty much thought he was crazy to think anyone would try anything on US soil. I guess 1993 WTC attack was just a fluck in their eyes.

He was basically pushed out of the FBI and retired in 2001. He took the job as head of security in the Twin Towers. He died in the Towers on 9-11.

Loads of folks blame Bush but me? I blame Clintons FBI more than anything else. Of course the ultimate blame lies with the dirtbags who flew the planes and killed those 3,000 people. But Clintons FBI had the clues. They were just to stubborn and blind to connect the dots and no one thought terror would ever hit this country.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
Two words: Gun smuggling.

Why else was the Ambassador in Benghazi?

Did the "rebels" use weapons provided by the Administration?

That is going to hurt in the election. Not enough unfortunately.

President Bush was not the president that was putting walls between agencies so that information could not be shared.

Islam’s number one priority is to make all the world Islam, either by persuasion or force, and during his term, President Clinton provided both by weakening our defenses and surrendering our children in public school without a whimper. "Negotiations for peace" would be better described as laying down dead.

Each time America suffered a terrorist attack, President Clinton issued statements promising to "find the terrorists" only to: pardon 16 terrorists convicted of executing 130 bombings; refuse delivery of Osama bin Laden from the Sudan; repeatedly refuse detailed information about al-Qaeda and Osama between terrorist bombings; shut down investigations of Islamic charities; radically downsize our military and gut the CIA.

Robert Baer, a 21 year veteran of the CIA’s Directorate of Operations stated:

"Whether it was Osama bin Laden, Yasir Arafat, Iranian terrorism, Saddam Hussein, or any of the other evils that so threaten the world, the Clinton administration seemed determined to sweep them all under the carpet."

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
It would be besepha the Fact that they Knew better at the end of that day and yet Barry went before the UN two weeks later and Continued to Lie and also Lament the Restrictions that our Constitution apparently puts on him to deal with those who would DARE to Illustrate Islam as what it is in the form an Obscure YouTube Video.

peace...
Uhhh, I don't believe Obama mentioned Benghazi when he was talking at the UN about the other protests/attacks that happened september 11th. Can you show where he specifically mentioned Benghazi?

I initially dismissed your post and told you to go look it up...

Here it is, because I've always liked you C4A. ;)

Transcript: President Obama Delivers Remarks at the United Nations, Invokes Slain Libya Ambassador Chris Stevens, Iran - ABC News

You can read his own words to the UN or YouTube the video...

Two weeks AFTER Benghazi and his address to the UN about it includes Lamenting the "Free Speech" that caused the YouTube video that was NOT the Motivation behind Benghazi...

At this point, Obama was 100% clear on what happened in Benghazi yet he continued the Lie.

There were no Protests of that Film at our Consulate that day... And they knew it:

Officials: No protests before Benghazi attack - POLITICO.com

peace...

I expected more from Care.

peace...

Forum List

Back