I am new at photography

32169835_10155529451413601_1551213114958020608_o.jpg

View attachment 192248 but these are a couple of my favorite this week.

I've found that the best way of taking photos is to make sure you get as little rubbish in the photo as possible. The more rubbish, the less people see what you're taking a photo of.

Also, color is very important.

Next up is shade.

My rather amateur advice on this one would be to darken it a little so the bird stands out more. I can see too much light behind it which makes me look behind.

I take photos on my iPhone, and it has an editor inbuilt just for changing color and light. It's very useful.

31693077_10156304306449085_6411105344960856064_n.jpg

Here's an extreme example of what I mean. I've darkened this massively, so you can't see what's behind the flower, like you could in the original photo.

I think this one is my favorite - I love what you did...it almost appears like a reflection in the lower part :)

Not really. Photography as an art form requires you don't turn it into a science.

It is an art form that works much, much better, if you understand the science around it.

Or you can ignore the science, and just produce crappy photographs and call it “art”.
Can we just not argue in my photo section? I told you guys I was new and constructive criticism is always welcome but let’s not fight. I didn’t call it art. It was just a cute red cardinal on an old rusty feeder. I was lucky to catch him there at all.

Not really. Photography as an art form requires you don't turn it into a science.

It is an art form that works much, much better, if you understand the science around it.

Or you can ignore the science, and just produce crappy photographs and call it “art”.

Yes of course.

One thing is technique. I'm not denying that technique can't help you to make your art better. But it's not everything.

When you turn art into a science, it's something different.

My boss is like that. He thinks he's amazing at photography (he's an arrogant prick sometimes) and he criticizes other people's photography in a manner of being a science teacher.

Where's the art if it's just a science? Nowhere.

Can we just not argue in my photo section? I told you guys I was new and constructive criticism is always welcome but let’s not fight. I didn’t call it art. It was just a cute red cardinal on an old rusty feeder. I was lucky to catch him there at all.
You caught a great expression too! Like...wtf? :lol:

This is not the place for politics...keep sharing Willow, I love your photos.

New Topics

Forum List

Back