Huckabee/Palin in 2012

She's the biggest idiot since Miss Teen South Carolina - who ALSO didn't know Africa was a continent.

You disappointment me that you take as fact "facts" given out by a cowardly anonymous source. But as my Mom use to say, "you only hear what you wanna hear". As for her intelligence I hope that you and other Libs continue to under estimate her.

The third most viewed thread on this board since the election is on Palin. Now another thread is started on her. The news programs are filled with talk on her. That should tell all of you Libs something. Say what you want she has the same kind of "star" quality Obama has. She'll be a force to reckon with if she surrounds herself with savvy political people who have her best interests at heart just as Obama did.

It will be 60 months before he's elected. Hmmm...that's three more years than Obama served as a Senator. And, as I've said, governor experience is far more valuable than Senate experience, especially in a state like Louisiana. Look at the problems he's faced with, namely restoring New Orleans.

I think he'll have a lot of clout in four years, and I think he, Palin, and Huckabee will all be major players in the Republican nomination. I predict that at least one of those three will be on the ticket, either at the top or as VP. Romney and Pawlentey, of course, are both possibilities.

ANY of the above guarantees democrats will maintain complete control of government for the next 20 years.

will be 41 in 2012, and also served 3 years in Congress, but sounds like you're legitimately concerned about how to beat someone like him

No Republican on this board knows anything about Jindal, other than a couple blurbs they read about on wikipedia. That's what's amazing. Its just a knee jerk reaction to worship someone with a fresh face who isn't tied to Bush. That's what happened with Palin. No Cons really knew anything about here, but the immediately rushed to worship her when she was nominated.

Obama has been in the national spotlight for four years. He's been in about a billion nationally televised debates, he's been on Meet the Press about a billion times, he beat the Clinton machine and the GOP machine, and we've had two years to scrutinze him, his policies, and his demeanor and his leadership style.

Y'all don't know a damn thing about Jindal, except for a two paragraph bio on wikipedia. Didn't you learn anything from the Palin pick?

Calm down and to jump to worship someone you don't know anything about. Give this guy a few years, before you declare him the GOP standard bearer, is my advice.

Actually.. I'm not a big Huckabee fan...

I would love to see some new blood REPs running in 2012... Palin would be nice in the mix, but Michael Steele is one I am really starting to read more on

Actually.. I'm not a big Huckabee fan...

I would love to see some new blood REPs running in 2012... Palin would be nice in the mix, but Michael Steele is one I am really starting to read more on

Okay, this was funny.

I guess all the complaints about Obama's "lack of experice" were lies.

Michael Steele served four years as a powerless Lieutenant Governor, and after getting booted from office, now has a career as a Fox News pundit, occassionally sitting in for Sean Hannity.

The first they need to do is not take advice from the Media, Democrats and Libs.

That's how we ended up with McCain.

You "ended up" with McCain because republicans voted for him in the primary. The problem is not the "Media, Democrats and Libs". It was always unlikely that republicans would win this election because of the massive failure of the bush administration. Did McCain take the hit for that? In part. But his pick of Palin was an embarrassment and an insult to women. That hurt him badly. Even with that, McCain was up in the polls until the economy tanked. He made himself look doddering and silly next to Obama's steadiness and intelligence. That was the final straw.

The problem with repubs is they don't know what they are anymore. They've run so many "base" elections a la Karl Rove that they are a narrow little party now, representing not much more than neocons and evangelicals.

Blame your party, not FOR listening, but for NOT listening. They forgot most of the country is not in the right wing... and they lost their ability to respect inteligence, education and ability. For some stupid reason, those things seem to be in disrepute among "the base".

Y'all need a time out to figure out what the heck you are. Personally, I hope you go back to being the smart guys in the room. It makes the country better.

Okay, this was funny.

I guess all the complaints about Obama's "lack of experice" were lies.

Michael Steele served four years as a powerless Lieutenant Governor, and after getting booted from office, now has a career as a Fox News pundit, occassionally sitting in for Sean Hannity.

I was not saying anything about experience of Steele now.. who knows, he could be a Senator or Congressman in 2 or 4 years... he could be a viable VP candidate... he could win the governorship... he is simply a politician that intrigues me that I see as new blood in the REP party, especially in my state...

It is my hope as a Republican that Huckabee and Palin both do not run for President in 2012. The GOP has many people that have outstanding qualifications for the National office and I thought I might just add a few.

Congressmen Trent Franks -
Congressman Franks is serving his third term in the United States Congress, representing the Second District of Arizona. He serves on the Armed Services Committee and the Judiciary Committee, where he is the ranking member of the Constitution Subcommittee. He is an active member of the Republican Study Committee, and serves on a host of task force and caucus groups, including the House Working Group on Judicial Accountability, the Education Freedom Caucus, the House Working Group on Waste, Fraud and Abuse, the Liberty Caucus, the Human Rights Caucus, the India Caucus, the Anti-Terrorism Caucus, and is co-founder of the Israel Allies Caucus (IAC).

Congressman Trent Franks, 2nd Congressional District of Arizona - Biography

Gov. "Mitch" Daniels, Jr-

Daniels had his first experience in politics while still a teenager when, in 1968, he worked on the unsuccessful U.S. Senate campaign of William Ruckelshaus. While in college he interned in the office of then-Indianapolis Mayor Richard Lugar. In 1971, Daniels joined Lugar's re-election campaign, then joined the mayor's staff and within three years became Lugar's principal assistant. After Lugar was elected to the U.S. Senate, Daniels followed him to Washington, D.C., in 1977, as administrative assistant.[2]

Daniels served as Lugar's chief of staff during his first term from 1977 to 1982. When Lugar was elected chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, Daniels was appointed its executive director. He served in that position in 1983 and 1984, playing a major role in the successful effort to keep the GOP in control of the U.S. Senate. Daniels was also manager of three successful Senate campaigns for Lugar. Daniels was part of the Reagan Administration when he became chief political advisor and liaison to President Ronald Reagan in August 1985.[2]

Those are just a few that are around , of course there are many others, and hopefully it can start with a new RNC chair that will have the vision necessary to find people that have the qualifications and appeal for the office.

But his pick of Palin was an embarrassment and an insult to women.

Gotta disagree with ya on that one. Without Palin, McCain loses by 15 points. With Palin, McCain had a fighting chance until the stock market meltdown in mid September.

Remember that the Palin picked sucked the air out of the room the next morning after Obama's Denver speech. No other pick would have done that. She dominated the news cycle for the next two weeks and had Obama defending. Remember Democrats were getting really worried.

Then the stock market crash. This gave Obama the chance to look Presidential (which he did) and the economy dominated the first debate on "foreign policy" and the rest of the campaign.

Without the stock market crashing McCain may have still lost but he'd have been a lot closer and Palin would have been part of that.

If the stock market had not crashed and there had been an equivalent overseas event i.e. a terrorist attack then likely Mccain wins the election.

Outside events had more to do with the outcome then anything else. In this case that event was the stockmarket crash.

Note: Obama may very well owe his victory to Schumer. If you don't know why then you're not well informed.

Last edited:
B

Gotta disagree with ya on that one. Without Palin, McCain loses by 15 points. With Palin, McCain had a fighting chance until the stock market meltdown in mid September.

Remember that the Palin picked sucked the air out of the room the next morning after Obama's Denver speech. No other pick would have done that. She dominated the news cycle for the next two weeks and had Obama defending. Remember Democrats were getting really worried.

Then the stock market crash. This gave Obama the chance to look Presidential (which he did) and the economy dominated the first debate on "foreign policy" and the rest of the campaign.

Without the stock market crashing McCain may have still lost but he'd have been a lot closer and Palin would have been part of that.

If the stock market had not crashed and there had been an equivalent overseas event i.e. a terrorist attack then likely Mccain wins the election.

Outside events had more to do with the outcome then anything else. In this case that event was the stockmarket crash.

Note: Obama may very well owe his victory to Schumer. If you don't know why then you're not well informed.

No. Polls showed that women never went for her. Sorry, buckaroo.

Without palin, the votes would have come from the middle and Obama wouldn't have had as many. The right would have voted for mcCain anyway because they had nowhere else to go.

You might be right re an equivalent overseas event. But if the contrast was as great on that issue as it was on the economic issue

The problem, again, is that the country isn't where the repubs are. And someone had to pay politically for the screw up that was Bush.

BTW, cookie, I used to intern for Chuck... Thanks, though. As for being "uninformed", I'd say I have my finger a bit more on the pulse of things than you do right now. Does that make me more informed? No. But it makes me a better judge of why the repubs didn't get MY vote and the vote of the people around me. And, until he picked Palin, I didn't think people would vote for Obama because I didn't think this country was ready for a black president. Add that indicia of poor judgment with the economic crisis and i'm not sure even an attack, heaven forbid, would have helped McCain IF he looked as pathetic as he did on the day he pretend suspended his campaign and said he wouldn't go to the debate.

You lost N.Carolina in the heart of red country... you need to ask yourself why that was. There were too many red states turned blue for this to be anything but cold water in the face of the repub party.

You "ended up" with McCain because republicans voted for him in the primary. The problem is not the "Media, Democrats and Libs". It was always unlikely that republicans would win this election because of the massive failure of the bush administration. Did McCain take the hit for that? In part. But his pick of Palin was an embarrassment and an insult to women. That hurt him badly. Even with that, McCain was up in the polls until the economy tanked. He made himself look doddering and silly next to Obama's steadiness and intelligence. That was the final straw.

The problem with repubs is they don't know what they are anymore. They've run so many "base" elections a la Karl Rove that they are a narrow little party now, representing not much more than neocons and evangelicals.

Blame your party, not FOR listening, but for NOT listening. They forgot most of the country is not in the right wing... and they lost their ability to respect inteligence, education and ability. For some stupid reason, those things seem to be in disrepute among "the base".

Y'all need a time out to figure out what the heck you are. Personally, I hope you go back to being the smart guys in the room. It makes the country better.

Shhhh. :eusa_shhh:

I'm done giving them advice on how to dig themselves out of a hole. I told them 8 years ago that Bush would be a disaster for the country, and for their party, and they called me an anti-american traitor.

Let them think picking a token woman, or token person of color is the route to "electoral victory". Look at them grasping about for women and minorities like Palin, Jindal, and Steele.

They still seem to think the mere act of putting up a woman, or a minority, is enough to secure an electoral coalition big enough to win.

They don't understand, and perhaps they never will, that they have to start addressing in a substantive way issues that are important to minorities and women. A token isn't going to do that. Particularly an unqualified token.

Forum List

Back