How many of you liberals put your money where your mouth is?

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
I wonder how many liberals here put their money where their mouth is. You all support abortion and you think women are entitled to them, as in they should get help paying for them.

So, any of you who donated your own money to the cause must have one of these creepy necklaces. It's a coat hanger abortion necklace. How many of you donate to help these poor women? Or are you typical liberals who just use other people's money?

Gentlemen, are you searching for that perfect birthday or anniversary gift? Do you wander around the mall and say to yourself "diamonds are ok, but I'm uncomfortable with their impact on Africa, and they spotlight income inequality." Well, if this sounds like you, look no further. We have the perfect thing. Tell that special someone just how much you love them with a stylish, tasteful, and not-at-all-horrifying coat hanger abortion pendant.

Politics: Help pay for an abortion, get this stylish coat hanger pendant absolutely free! | Best of Cain

I wonder how many liberals here put their money where their mouth is. You all support abortion and you think women are entitled to them, as in they should get help paying for them.

So, any of you who donated your own money to the cause must have one of these creepy necklaces. It's a coat hanger abortion necklace. How many of you donate to help these poor women? Or are you typical liberals who just use other people's money?

Gentlemen, are you searching for that perfect birthday or anniversary gift? Do you wander around the mall and say to yourself "diamonds are ok, but I'm uncomfortable with their impact on Africa, and they spotlight income inequality." Well, if this sounds like you, look no further. We have the perfect thing. Tell that special someone just how much you love them with a stylish, tasteful, and not-at-all-horrifying coat hanger abortion pendant.

Politics: Help pay for an abortion, get this stylish coat hanger pendant absolutely free! | Best of Cain

I think that you are making a very broad over generalization about Liberals. While I am "pro-choice", I don't personally advocate abortion unless it was some kind of medical necessity or the result of an involuntary act (rape), but if a friend, relative, or acquaintance would ask my advice, I would strongly advocate that they have the baby, I would also strongly advocate that they keep the baby. If they still didn't want to keep the baby, I would suggest adoption.

I think that you are making a very broad over generalization about Liberals. While I am "pro-choice", I don't personally advocate abortion unless it was some kind of medical necessity or the result of an involuntary act (rape), but if a friend, relative, or acquaintance would ask my advice, I would strongly advocate that they have the baby, I would also strongly advocate that they keep the baby. If they still didn't want to keep the baby, I would suggest adoption.
The Op tends to be a partisan hack who likes to broadbrush all liberals as some Evil, muslim loving Commies.
You could literally shit in a bucket and come away with more value than dealing with her.

that being said if i had some spar cash i would buy those and give it to the people protesting abortion clinics. They should get something for their time i guess.

Generalizing is political spin 101.

Abortion is a procedure that should be as available as the next simple medical procedure. The technology certainly isn't going to just go away.

The trick is to spend a little money educating the populace beyond the need for abortion to be such a successful stand-alone 'industry'.

`

Out of curiosity, why do you say "the result of an involuntary act (rape)"...

Why is that different?

Generalizing is political spin 101.

Abortion is a procedure that should be as available as the next simple medical procedure. The technology certainly isn't going to just go away.

The trick is to spend a little money educating the populace beyond the need for abortion to be such a successful stand-alone 'industry'.

`

I agree, I have know of a couple of people who deeply regreted their decisions.

Why is that different?

When I said "the result of an involuntary act " I did that as an umbrella for other deviant acts (incest, etc.), but I agree that they would be considered "rape".

Why is that different?

When I said "the result of an involuntary act " I did that as an umbrella for other deviant acts (incest, etc.), but I agree that they would be considered "rape".
Not what I was asking. But carry on...

Why is that different?

I misread your question. My answer is that I wouldn't compel a woman to carry and give birth to the seed of a person who did such a vile act toward her.

I misread your question. My answer is that I wouldn't compel a woman to carry and give birth to the seed of a person who did such a vile act toward her.
How is that a babies fault? Does the abortion technique cause the woman to forget one of the most horrible and vile things that can be done against a woman?

I have never been given a satisfactory answer to this.

It seems to Me, that a woman would remember being raped for the rest of her life. I'm just curious how an abortion makes that go away, or makes it better.

I see a lot of people who claim they are pro life really aren't pro life at all. More like pro birth. If they were Pro Life they would support programs that nurture children's health and education after they were born. But we know by their actions that's not the case

The Op tends to be a partisan hack who likes to broadbrush all liberals as some Evil, muslim loving Commies.
You could literally shit in a bucket and come away with more value than dealing with her.

that being said if i had some spar cash i would buy those and give it to the people protesting abortion clinics. They should get something for their time i guess.

You could literally shit in a bucket and come away with more value than dealing with her. ....post of the day

Conservatives support the death penalty - would they be happy to fund it out of their own pocket, and to administer the lethal injection themselves?

I see a lot of people who claim they are pro life really aren't pro life at all. More like pro birth. If they were Pro Life they would support programs that nurture children's health and education after they were born. But we know by their actions that's not the case
Poorly formed premise.

Support programs YOU agree with is not the same thing as not supporting programs for children. Do not confuse looking at and solving problems in different ways as not supporting solving problems.

When did you get back from Afganistan?

Last Wednesday evening we piled into some jeeps and drove out into the desert. We had purchased some cases of bottled water, socks, and lotion and put them into these banker boxes. The woman I was with drove us to between 10 and 20 landmarks that immigrants often use for shelter or have marked on their crude maps.

When we got to the first point there wasn't a light for miles except for our flashlights. We found the landmark using GPS and the previous carton was emptied. Whoever sat it there saved someone's life. She took my email address and said she would let me know if my boxes saved someone's life.

I think God Was working through me then. Can't wait to go back.

Maybe you conservatives should fund orphanages for the unwanted children, instead of all this talk which costs you cheapskates nothing. Pay a bonus to mothers to not abort first, of course. I'm sure the multibillionaires and megacorporations that you guys defend on USMB on a daily basis wouldn't mind donating to the cause also. Maybe not. They don't mind sending american jobs to countries like China that have strict one child per family laws which makes for many more abortions than USA. In fact, why aren't conservatives marching on congress protesting companies that move US jobs to abortion locales like China?

Last edited:

And yet your buddies that support abortion argue that even late term abortions right up to the birth of the child should be legal and allowed. When ever the Federal Government or a State tries to pas a ban on abortions after 20 weeks they rise up and scream bloody murder. 20 weeks is well past when a baby is viable. And evidence indicates at 20 weeks they most definitely feel pain.

How is that a babies fault? Does the abortion technique cause the woman to forget one of the most horrible and vile things that can be done against a woman?

I have never been given a satisfactory answer to this.

It seems to Me, that a woman would remember being raped for the rest of her life. I'm just curious how an abortion makes that go away, or makes it better.

LOL, I knew that would be the reply! Of course it's not the baby's fault. I don't know, you would have to ask a woman that question, I'm sure that there would be a few different answers and stances. I'm sure that they have the wisdom to decide on the right choice. We both (I assume) are not women, we both wouldn't get impregnated by someone if we got raped, so I truly don't think we should be able to order them to have a baby if they don't want to have it, especially under that circumstance.

It's a hard issue to deal with if one tries to think of different variables. Who's Liberty is more important; that of the fetus or that of the woman? One can argue that both are equal, but what if the woman wants to have the Liberty not to have a baby as the result of a rape? What if it was a child that was a victim, would you advocate them going through with the pregnancy?

Forum List

Back