how gravity works

That's crazy that you are an old school aetherist. I 've never met one. My thoughts on the aether that I once avidly supported, is that space IS the aether. There's no need for a lining of a substance. All the effects of the aether are effects on space. Space as a medium that is unbreakable into smaller constituent parts would explain why object's don't emit gravity waves behind them when moving through space. Also when energy is stored into particle form, it keeps its shape. As well as further evidence in magnetic fields, I would say the universe is a one and can't be broken down. The medium of space is different in properties then other medium's because of these reasons.
The Classroom Imprisons the Mind

Space is a substance that slows down light to c. One question that is never asked by captive students is "Why can't light go faster?"

An Action Must Have an Agent.

"Space-time" is an irrational concept derived from decadent Postclassical imagination. Gravity starts in the outside universe, which interacts with our own, and it ends back here. Outside its effect, the graviton is hidden from view.
Gravity is like a truck pulling on a tree with a rope. The truck is the earth the rope its gravity field and the tree is the wall of the universe. There must be a wall or else what would the truck tug on? Nothing? GR people will tell you that objects tug on each other, what's to prevent all objects from clumping together then?

That's crazy that you are an old school aetherist. I 've never met one. My thoughts on the aether that I once avidly supported, is that space IS the aether. There's no need for a lining of a substance. All the effects of the aether are effects on space. Space as a medium that is unbreakable into smaller constituent parts would explain why object's don't emit gravity waves behind them when moving through space. Also when energy is stored into particle form, it keeps its shape. As well as further evidence in magnetic fields, I would say the universe is a one and can't be broken down. The medium of space is different in properties then other medium's because of these reasons.

“I hold that space cannot be curved, for the simple reason that it can have no properties. It might as well be said that God has properties. He has not, but only attributes and these are of our own making. Of properties we can only speak when dealing with matter filling the space. To say that in the presence of large bodies space becomes curved is equivalent to stating that something can act upon nothing. I, for one, refuse to subscribe to such a view.”​

― Nikola Tesla
"space IS the aether" -- No, the Aether allows space to exist.
"There's no need for a lining of a substance." -- Huh?
"All the effects of the aether are effects on space." -- Effects of the Aether, not effects of or on space.
"Space as a medium" -- Nope.
"Also when energy is stored into particle form, it keeps its shape." -- You mean the Aether provides for some fields to be small and retain their shape.
"The medium of space is different in properties" -- Nope. Not a medium. No properties.

Last edited:
The Classroom Imprisons the Mind

Space is a substance that slows down light to c. One question that is never asked by captive students is "Why can't light go faster?"
The universe and the atomic nucleus are made of the same substance, space has a little density to it which allows for light waves to move through it at c.

One question that is never asked by captive students is "Why can't light go faster?"
In space c can vary but necessarily depends upon Aether density. However, from our POV it always appears constant since we scientifically observe c from places where the Aether is relatively uniform and equivalent. If we could measure it from a black hole things would look very different.

"space IS the aether" -- No, the Aether allows space to exist.
"There's no need for a lining of a substance." -- Huh?
"All the effects of the aether are effects on space." -- Effects of the Aether, not effects of or on space.
"Space as a medium" -- Nope.
"Also when energy is stored into particle form, it keeps its shape." -- You mean the Aether provides for some fields to be small and retain their shape.
"The medium of space is different in properties" -- Nope. Not a medium. No properties.
Dr. Nuts,

I don't expect you to take on the same terminology as me because I am not a physicist. My definition of space is that the universe is a singularity with a fixed density. Matter and energy do have an effect on space medium. Space's desire to retain its normal density is what pushes a light wave along, not bumping together of aether atoms like in a sound wave. I believe that the aether is antique and believe there is just space, space by definition of my own glossary not a classical meaning like you imply.

Because the universe is unbreakable, the atomic nucleus and space occupy the same position at the same time. Space isn't like a boat on a water medium, when you move through space there is no wave behind you. The density of space is a vacuum density, the highly dense nucleus's vacuum force squeezes on the space it passes through. The vacuum force of the atom may be influenced by an infinity of smaller and smaller universe's from wiithin the nucleus.

Dr. Nuts,

I don't expect you to take on the same terminology as me because I am not a physicist. My definition of space is that the universe is a singularity with a fixed density. Matter and energy do have an effect on space medium. Space's desire to retain its normal density is what pushes a light wave along, not bumping together of aether atoms like in a sound wave. I believe that the aether is antique and believe there is just space, space by definition of my own glossary not a classical meaning like you imply.
I appreciate this discussion and I'm no physicist either. However, I aced many college physics courses and have maintained a deep interest in the subject since being introduced to it way back in 7th grade. Terminology? "Singularity" in what sense? Seems a big word for someone to choose who fears terminology?

"Matter and energy do have an effect on space medium. Space's desire to retain its normal density is what pushes a light wave along," -- No, that's the Aether. Far simpler to picture and explain than your notions of space possessing such properties.

"not bumping together of aether atoms like in a sound wave." -- Say what? "That's crazy" talk!

"I believe that the aether is antique and believe there is just space, space by definition of my own glossary not a classical meaning like you imply." -- Sounds like a cheap excuse for not learning or seriously considering anything new. I thought of this.. Yup,.. my minds made up now. Don't wanna hear anymore!

Because the universe is unbreakable, the atomic nucleus and space occupy the same position at the same time. Space isn't like a boat on a water medium, when you move through space there is no wave behind you. The density of space is a vacuum density, the highly dense nucleus's vacuum force squeezes on the space it passes through. The vacuum force of the atom may be influenced by an infinity of smaller and smaller universe's from wiithin the nucleus.
So I gather you're just reverting completely now to your science fiction stabs at reality in the dark. Okie doke. Whatever floats your dinghy..

Perhaps I should have prefaced my remarks here by repeating my constant primary interest, which is seeking what makes the most objective sense. Not that I don't enjoy silliness and humor :p

Last edited:
So I gather you're just reverting completely now to your science fiction stabs at reality in the dark. Okie doke. Whatever floats your dinghy..

Perhaps I should have prefaced my remarks here by repeating my constant primary interest, which is seeking what makes the most objective sense. Not that I don't enjoy silliness and humor :p
Dr. Nuts,

I have come a long way in drawing up my own map of the universe, ten years just about, and by no sense consider it complete. If your idea of 'objective sense' is an aether lining all of space, then I ask again why don't material object's that pass through the aether slow down? You're right my opinion is swayed very slowly just like anybody's. I once believed in the aether but now I don't, I think space has properties to it and that is almost obvious. If there is an aether why hasn't it been detected? What is your objective sense tell you this aether is made of?

If your idea of 'objective sense' is an aether lining all of space,
What the heck is "an aether lining"? How many times do I need to repeat myself? The Aether is a ubiquitous field which also necessarily acts as a light wave medium. It exists independent of space and counterspace. Everything is ultimately a product of the Aether. Space has no properties other than being really cold and a great vacuum.
Outer space is the closest known approximation to a perfect vacuum. It has effectively no friction, allowing stars, planets, and moons to move freely along their ideal orbits, following the initial formation stage. The deep vacuum of intergalactic space is not devoid of matter, as it contains a few hydrogen atoms per cubic meter.
why don't material object's that pass through the aether slow down?
The Aether pushes equally inward upon matter from all directions so has no net effect on an object's speed or trajectory other than normal gravitation. However, at relativistic speeds the Aether will act to prevent an object's acceleration since its mass theoretically increases to infinity at c.
If there is an aether why hasn't it been detected?
It has :sigh2:
My review of this important but sad chapter in the history of science left me both astonished and frustrated. Miller's work on ether drift was clearly undertaken with more precision, care and diligence than any other researcher who took up the question, including Michelson, and yet, his work has basically been written out of the history of science. When alive, Miller responded concisely to his critics, and demonstrated the ether-drift phenomenon with increasing precision over the years.

I don't believe that gravity plays any role at the sub-atomic.
There are three subatomic forces Strong & Weak Nuclear Force and Electromagnetic Force.
It is the Electromagnetic force that is responsible for particle attraction. negative particles being attracted to positive.
There is evidence that at the relative level sub-atomic particles, photons for example are affected by gravity. This though I think is a secondary effect. The space-time around the Sun is bent by gravity and photons passing through are as a consequence also pulled but it is not gravity that is pulling them but the space-time.

In space c can vary but necessarily depends upon Aether density. However, from our POV it always appears constant since we scientifically observe c from places where the Aether is relatively uniform and equivalent. If we could measure it from a black hole things would look very different.
A Hole Is an Entrance, Not a Container

A Black Hole is an impossible concentration of matter. It doesn't compress the space it is in, or time there either. It doesn't trap light, but sends it back to the outside universe, where it originated.

Boomerang Halfway Back

Gravity is not a pull; it a push from outside the universe. The gravitons are a part of the atom that is embedded in that outside universe. They are sent forth by our matter and knock other matter into a 3-D space closer to the 3-D space from where they originated.

A Hole Is an Entrance, Not a Container

A Black Hole is an impossible concentration of matter. It doesn't compress the space it is in, or time there either. It doesn't trap light, but sends it back to the outside universe, where it originated.
It attracts (compresses) the Aether, not space. It traps light. The outside universe? Gravitons? No thanks. NASA:
No light of any kind, including X-rays, can escape from inside the event horizon of a black hole, the region beyond which there is no return. NASA's telescopes that study black holes are looking at the surrounding environments of the black holes, where there is material very close to the event horizon. Matter is heated to millions of degrees as it is pulled toward the black hole, so it glows in X-rays. The immense gravity of black holes also distorts space itself, so it is possible to see the influence of an invisible gravitational pull on stars and other objects.
One can actually see from many images that light disappears into the apparently spherical event horizons of black holes. All just goes black. The only possible escapes are edgewise around the spinning radial accretion discs (magnetic) or by axial cosmic ray ejection (dielectric). The magnetic (spatial, including matter) and the dielectric (counterspatial, including black holes) being the most basic, conjugate components of the Aether (The engines of Nature in general).

esa_blazar.jpg

Photo of a Black Hole's Event Horizon:​

BlackHoleEventHorizon_web_1024.jpg

Last edited:
What the heck is "an aether lining"? How many times do I need to repeat myself? The Aether is a ubiquitous field which also necessarily acts as a light wave medium. It exists independent of space and counterspace. Everything is ultimately a product of the Aether. Space has no properties other than being really cold and a great vacuum.

The Aether pushes equally inward upon matter from all directions so has no net effect on an object's speed or trajectory other than normal gravitation. However, at relativistic speeds the Aether will act to prevent an object's acceleration since its mass theoretically increases to infinity at c.

It has :sigh2:

Just because your aether is ubiquitous or present everywhere means that it isn't made of something? I'm confused. Could you explain this further?

Just because your aether is ubiquitous or present everywhere means that it isn't made of something? I'm confused. Could you explain this further?
Is the field produced by a transmitting antenna "made of something"? Is a field of static cling "made of something"? Is the volume of iron attraction around a magnet "made of something"? No? Yet they do stuff. Go figure!

It attracts (compresses) the Aether, not space. It traps light. The outside universe? Gravitons? No thanks. NASA:

One can actually see from many images that light disappears into the apparently spherical event horizons of black holes. All just goes black. The only possible escapes are edgewise around the spinning radial accretion discs (magnetic) or by axial cosmic ray ejection (dielectric). The magnetic (spatial, including matter) and the dielectric (counterspatial, including black holes) being the most basic, conjugate components of the Aether (The engines of Nature in general).

esa_blazar.jpg

Photo of a Black Hole's Event Horizon:​

BlackHoleEventHorizon_web_1024.jpg
Proof Is in the Piddling

All that nerdy Silly Science is similar to when "epicycles" were used to lamely try to explain away the contradictions in the theory that the Earth was the center of the solar system.

Is the field produced by a transmitting antenna "made of something"? Is a field of static cling "made of something"? Is the volume of iron attraction around a magnet "made of something"? No? Yet they do stuff. Go figure!
God Does Not Play Dice; He Plays in the Outfield

The field is produced by hypospace, just as "Indeterminacy" is determined by events in hypospace.

Maybe not to a general relativity scientist, but for me I believe those fields are morphing of space. I believe space and matter are the same substance and that is the only way the two can act on each other. Also space is a little like a giant piece of matter and therefore creates a density in which we can have energy that moves around based on the medium having solidness.

The aether is a field ay? and other fields are a morphing of that field? You and I seem like were on different paths in the same direction. I doubt we will deter each other too much since we're both stubborn, but maybe we can learn something from each other.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back