How do we Know Human are Causing Climate Change?

Looks like somewhere between 0.6 and 1.4 meters.

1645277278481.png

Scientists Forecast U.S. Sea Levels Could Rise a Foot by 2050​

Sea levels are forecast to rise rapidly over the next 30 years, bringing more frequent and more destructive floods​

WSJ- Feb. 15, 2022 (more/most recently)

"Sea levels on U.S. coastlines are forecast to rise on average by about a foot by 2050, surging with meltwater from ice sheets and glaciers as a result of climate change, federal scientists said Tuesday.

The estimates were released in a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and other federal and academic institutions.

Globally, sea levels rose about 0.55 feet between 1920 and 2020, according to the report. Across the U.S. coast on average, in the last 100 years, sea levels rose about 0.9 feet.

....Along the East Coast, the water will rise a few more inches compared with shorelines on the West Coast and Hawaii...

"''...The report proposed five different paths for sea level rise through the next decades. From the least to most severe outcomes, these reflect variability in the contributors to sea level rise, such as ice sheet melt, thermal expansion of oceans and land movement.

At the Low end, by 2050 compared with 2000, the report projects an average rise along the U.S. coastline of about a Foot. At the highest end, the report estimates an average rise across the U.S. coast of 1.7 feet...

Farther into the future, by 2100, average sea levels could rise by between 2 and 7 feet compared with 2000,
the report estimates..."
[..........]

`

Last edited:

Sea levels are forecast to rise rapidly over the next 30 years, bringing more frequent and more destructive floods​

"Sea levels on U.S. coastlines are forecast to rise on average by about a foot by 2050, surging with meltwater from ice sheets and glaciers as a result of climate change, federal scientists said Tuesday.

The estimates were released in a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and other federal and academic institutions.

Globally, sea levels rose about 0.55 feet between 1920 and 2020, according to the report. Across the U.S. coast on average, in the last 100 years, sea levels rose about 0.9 feet.

....Along the East Coast, the water will rise a few more inches compared with shorelines on the West Coast and Hawaii...

"''...The report proposed five different paths for sea level rise through the next decades. From the least to most severe outcomes, these reflect variability in the contributors to sea level rise, such as ice sheet melt, thermal expansion of oceans and land movement.

At the Low end, by 2050 compared with 2000, the report projects an average rise along the U.S. coastline of about a Foot. At the highest end, the report estimates an average rise across the U.S. coast of 1.7 feet...

Farther into the future, by 2100, average sea levels could rise by between 2 and 7 feet compared with 2000,
the report estimates..."
[..........]

`
I absolutely love it when they take flyers like that. Swing for the fences I say. Let's see that's 304.8 mm in 28 years. That's equal to an annual rise of 10.89 mm/yr. How much of that should we expect to see in 2022 to be on schedule?

Do you see why I like it when you guys take flyers? I can laugh at you this year when this ridiculous tripling of the current rate doesn't happen. It's like you people don't even think. Of course I suppose you have to take flyers if you are going to sell your imminent disaster narrative to the masses, eh?

Looks like somewhere between 0.6 and 1.4 meters.

View attachment 603458
Why is it that they don't show the temperature, atmospheric CO2 and emissions forecasts with the sea level rise forecast? That's not very transparent of them. I guess it's because people like you aren't very demanding and are happy to give them wiggle room.

I've often wondered if H2O molecules cling together and float around the universe, unseen and undetected by us. After all our magnetic earth has ways of beconing things we don't know about in order to clean herself up a little. And it could account for why some extra water comes to the earth in unmeasured cycles, enough to make the sea levels rise if such a thing could be. Just a thought, not even a theory.

I absolutely love it when they take flyers like that. Swing for the fences I say. Let's see that's 304.8 mm in 28 years. That's equal to an annual rise of 10.89 mm/yr. How much of that should we expect to see in 2022 to be on schedule?

Do you see why I like it when you guys take flyers? I can laugh at you this year when this ridiculous tripling of the current rate doesn't happen. It's like you people don't even think. Of course I suppose you have to take flyers if you are to sell your imminent disaster narrative to the masses, eh?
You should ask yourself why you've lost every debate we've ever had.

1. You're always wrong.
2. You're a juvenile last-wording troll.
3. You're a Rabid Designer-god-boy.
leading to....

your reading problem/math screw up.
Article says:
""At the Low end, by 2050 Compared with 2000, the report projects an average rise along the U.S. coastline of about a Foot. At the highest end, the report estimates an average rise across the U.S. coast of 1.7 feet...
Farther into the future, by 2100, average sea levels could rise by between 2 and 7 feet Compared with 2000, the report estimates..."
OUCH #738 for Clown - Ding dong![/INDENT]
So sad for you.[/INDENT]
You really think you're smarter than NASA/NOAA et al? Really, I-D clown?​
think you caught them now?​
(and you realize app 1+' could even happen overnight with a Thwaites crack off)​
SWAT!/bye​
(keep multi-posting tho)​

Last edited:
Why is it that they don't show the temperature, atmospheric CO2 and emissions forecasts with the sea level rise forecast? That's not very transparent of them. I guess it's because people like you aren't very demanding and are happy to give them wiggle room.

What I wonder is why don't THEY show climate denialism vs incidence of ignorant science blunders

1645448993339.png

1645449035879.png

1645449055855.png

1645449082015.png

AND
1645449114533.png

1645449143250.png

1645449216028.png

The earth was here before human beings came to be created by the Almighty. People can manipulate coincidences and numbers to seem like humans are to blame. So far, nobody among us has developed a motor that would scooch us to safety from a monstrously huge comet twice our size halfway through the universe we know, limited by our viewing equipment, to get us out of the way. We're not so powerful as some think, imho.

the report estimates..."
[..........]

`
Abu, I've been online for over 25 years. I've heard that argument that we're going to be submerged on one side of the continent or another drivelously and frequently, and so far, that hasn't happened. In time, though, 25 years isn't even a visible speck. *sigh* I'm not gonna worry myself to death, but I do wish we'd focus on clearing the ocean of our plastics strewn overboard by thoughtless ships' sinking, garbage disposing geniuses, and cities shipping their crud out to the middle of the ocean around the world. If we allow this to go forward, we will lose an important protein: fish. It's a footshoot if we neglect cleaning our messes up, and blaming cow or elephant farts in the middle of the land masses just doesn't do it for my reckoning. We need to get what started on land back to land to dispose of it in an acceptable way. Throwing our stuff into the ocean is just plain stupid, but I don't think we've put enough in the water to cause the tides to overlap the beaches of the world. Pardon me for saying so, but we have a former vice president who is banned from speaking to the children of Europe over what was determined to be junk science by the society of professional scientists.

You should ask yourself why you've lost every debate we've ever had.

1. You're always wrong.
2. You're a juvenile last-wording troll.
3. You're a Rabid Designer-god-boy.
leading to....

your reading problem/math screw up.
Article says:
""At the Low end, by 2050 Compared with 2000, the report projects an average rise along the U.S. coastline of about a Foot. At the highest end, the report estimates an average rise across the U.S. coast of 1.7 feet...
Farther into the future, by 2100, average sea levels could rise by between 2 and 7 feet Compared with 2000, the report estimates..."
OUCH #738 for Clown - Ding dong![/INDENT]
So sad for you.[/INDENT]
You really think you're smarter than NASA/NOAA et al? Really, I-D clown?​
think you caught them now?​
(and you realize app 1+' could even happen overnight with a Thwaites crack off)​
SWAT!/bye​
(keep multi-posting tho)​
Dude, time will prove me right.

It's hilarious that you edited out my name in the reply so I wouldn't get a notification. Too funny.

I suppose they have to make ridiculous forecasts if they are going to sell their imminent disaster narrative to the masses, but it's going to backfire on them.

Abu, I've been online for over 25 years. I've heard that argument that we're going to be submerged on one side of the continent or another drivelously and frequently, and so far, that hasn't happened. In time, though, 25 years isn't even a visible speck. *sigh* I'm not gonna worry myself to death, but I do wish we'd focus on clearing the ocean of our plastics strewn overboard by thoughtless ships' sinking, garbage disposing geniuses, and cities shipping their crud out to the middle of the ocean around the world. If we allow this to go forward, we will lose an important protein: fish. It's a footshoot if we neglect cleaning our messes up, and blaming cow or elephant farts in the middle of the land masses just doesn't do it for my reckoning. We need to get what started on land back to land to dispose of it in an acceptable way. Throwing our stuff into the ocean is just plain stupid, but I don't think we've put enough in the water to cause the tides to overlap the beaches of the world. Pardon me for saying so, but we have a former vice president who is banned from speaking to the children of Europe over what was determined to be junk science by the society of professional scientists.
Um.. we've already lost Fish.
70% of the fish we eat is Farmed vs app none 30 years ago. It isn't plastics, it's overfishing.
You missed it happening then and you're missing the fact that we are losing the atmospheric balance and the melt is accelerating as we speak.
You won't be worried about that until you're ankle deep, or people are leaving the coast for where you live.
Everyone hates plastics, but it's the number of humans and their needs (fish, beef/methane, fertilizer) and waste products: gases/liquids galore, that is unsustainable for the oceans and atmosphere.
`

Last edited:
That wouldn't be particularly meaningful. How about climate denialism vs dropping out before graduating high school? How about climate denialism vs earning less than minimum wage? How about climate denialism vs children out of wedlock? How about climate denialism vs believing Trump's Big Lie? How about climate denialism vs knows no one who completed four or more years of college? How about climate denialism vs vaccinated against COVID-19, climate denialism vs wears a mask and socially distances and the correlate: climate denialism vs has caught COVID-19?

So 3C warmer in 78 years and a 1 foot rise in sea level by 2050. Swing big or go home I say. :rofl:

Grumblenuts said:
How do we Know Humans are Causing Climate Change?

Even the best paid deniers ran completely out of new material decades ago. We should feel sad for them. They are so pitiful and pathetic.
That and the FACT the last 7 years were the warmest 7 years on record. (or 7 of 8)
Right through Skookerasbil (with jc456 assists) ridiculous thread/BLOG, the delusional "the skeptics are winning" BLOG.
No shame or no brains. They're, in fact, getting crushed.
The skeptics are losing/have lost.

`

Forum List

Back