Homebuyers flocking to Florida have driven cities in the state to become the most overvalued in the US

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Probably people getting out of blue states. The demand has been so high, it's now nowhere near the prices you could get just a few years ago. I remember looking at some properties in Florida about five years ago, and there tons of high-end homes in the $300K range.

• Florida now contains five of the 10 most overvalued cities in the US, thanks to hoards of newcomers in recent years.
  • Tampa, Florida is now the third most overvalued housing market in the country, with buyers paying a 43% premium.
  • Prices are unlikely to pull back soon, researchers said, making affordability a "key issue."

I guarantee you many are from Canada. Often retired, career government con artists with big pensions who have already sold their overvalued Toronto or Vancouver home to some patsy and now drive the prices up on Florida.

I guarantee you many are from Canada. Often retired, career government con artists with big pensions who have already sold their overvalued Toronto or Vancouver home to some patsy and now drive the prices up on Florida.
then why are you fuckers so damned cheap???......don't ask me, ask any waiter

Probably people getting out of blue states. The demand has been so high, it's now nowhere near the prices you could get just a few years ago. I remember looking at some properties in Florida about five years ago, and there tons of high-end homes in the $300K range.

• Florida now contains five of the 10 most overvalued cities in the US, thanks to hoards of newcomers in recent years.
  • Tampa, Florida is now the third most overvalued housing market in the country, with buyers paying a 43% premium.
  • Prices are unlikely to pull back soon, researchers said, making affordability a "key issue."

Maybe I should sell and leave Florida.

Forum List

Back