Hilary, the most anti gun candidate in recent history, got beat, gun control is a loser...

the electoral college has got to go.
At the very least some changes may be in line ...something to balance out how the population centers have become urban and perhaps now those in urban centers are not being represented in a balanced manner

in the 240 year US History there have been three times that the Popular vote did not elect the President...two of those three instances have been in the last 16 years ...that is something to take note of ...just saying ...that is something to ponder ....

Sorry.....the electoral college protects the minority from majority tyranny.....isn't that what you guys bitch about all the time...except when it interferes with you accumulating more power?

I am anti gun but no one cares. I never realized how many pack a gun. At any time they can go crazy, have one too many to drink, get in a fight and shoot someone, road rage, go off their meds. Its a scary place out there.
Every one I know has a gun, I will not let one in my home. They can keep them in their car outside.

(now hunting rifles locked in a cabinet, unloaded , no problem)

Sorry.....the electoral college protects the minority from majority tyranny.....isn't that what you guys bitch about all the time...except when it interferes with you accumulating more power?
so the minority should rule the majority in the US like it used to be in South Africa ?

so the minority should rule the majority in the US like it used to be in South Africa ?

Nope.......if they win the electoral college the majority can win the Presidency.......see how that works....?

Nope.......if they win the electoral college the majority can win the Presidency.......see how that works....?

The Gop did deep thinking to take over and make Mi Legislature Rep and continue to be. Their trick it to take the state, and gerrymander , changing districts.

LANSING — By all accounts, 2014 was a good election year for Republicans in Michigan. They increased their majority in the Michigan House of Representatives by three seats, now holding 63 to Democrats’ 47. Out of the 14 congressional races, Republicans won nine.

You may assume Republicans across the state received substantially more votes than Democrats.

However, that assumption would be wrong.

Although Republicans won nine of the 14 congressional races, Democrats received about 50,000
more votes out of 3 million cast.

http://news.jrn.msu.edu/capitalnewsservice/2015/03/27/gerrymandering-in-michigan-explained/000

We'll see what the supreme court looks like in a couple of years but it looks to me like the grabbers just had their legs blown out from under them, pun very much intended.

I imagine they'll still try on a local and state level to plink away here and there, but mass bans of the type a lot of them would like to see are looking like a definite no-go any time in the near or medium term, depending on who ends up on the bench...

The Gop did deep thinking to take over and make Mi Legislature Rep and continue to be. Their trick it to take the state, and gerrymander , changing districts.

LANSING — By all accounts, 2014 was a good election year for Republicans in Michigan. They increased their majority in the Michigan House of Representatives by three seats, now holding 63 to Democrats’ 47. Out of the 14 congressional races, Republicans won nine.

You may assume Republicans across the state received substantially more votes than Democrats.

Although Republicans won nine of the 14 congressional races, Democrats received about 50,000

http://news.jrn.msu.edu/capitalnewsservice/2015/03/27/gerrymandering-in-michigan-explained/000

obama told you guys the truth......elections have consequences.....when you win the state legislature after the census you get to draw the voting districts...and believe me...the democrats do not hesitate to draw those districts to favor their people when they win........they lost big at the exact wrong time in the last few congressional elections...thank obama for that....

obama told you guys the truth......elections have consequences.....when you win the state legislature after the census you get to draw the voting districts...and believe me...the democrats do not hesitate to draw those districts to favor their people when they win........they lost big at the exact wrong time in the last few congressional elections...thank obama for that....

Well I'll be sure to vote straight Dem ticket mid term. Another plan by the GOP here to stop straight party tickets. We have 2 Dem Senators though, so there.

I am anti gun but no one cares. I never realized how many pack a gun. At any time they can go crazy, have one too many to drink, get in a fight and shoot someone, road rage, go off their meds. Its a scary place out there.
Every one I know has a gun, I will not let one in my home. They can keep them in their car outside.

(now hunting rifles locked in a cabinet, unloaded , no problem)
The top one is classified as a hunting rifle the bottom is considered an "assault" rifle. Other than cosmetics the weapons in the photo function the same and fire .223 ammunition. You are calling for a ban based on looks not how the firearm operates.

AssaultRifle2.jpg

Forum List

Back