Here comes the Surrender Monkey (Rapid City Bronze Statue)

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
President Barry Soetoro is coming to Rapid City, at least a bronze likeness of the 44th president.

The City of Presidents announced the statue will be completed and unveiled in July 2019.

We now know the Obuma statue will be standing and waving, but co-founder for the City of Presidents, Dallerie Davis said the statue will be more interesting.

"We found out that a standing guy who is waving is rather boring and the one thing we don't want to do is have a boring statue on the street, particularly someone like President Obuma. He deserves a statue that isn't boring," Davis said.

The organization will not release where Obuma will be placed; only that the statue will be highly accessible to everyone who comes through Rapid City.

And, excitement for the newest statue is growing.

"We've had a lot of people indicate that they plan on coming from all over the United States. It's remarkable to me how much interest there is. We've had a number of people throughout the United States who say be sure to let us know when it is happening, we will be there. I feel we will have a really good audience for that one," Davis said.

James Van Nuys, the artist says "It's the first of the four statues I've done for the City of Presidents where it is somebody people will recognize. The other three were from the 1850s and I don't think anyone had a strong emotional attachment to them, so it's nice to do someone people are interested in."

James Michael Maher was announced as the sculptor for the statue of President Donald Trump. His statue will not be done until after his term.

Maher has already created five statues for the City of Presidents. They include, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, Lyndon B. Johnson, George W. Bush and James Buchanan.

KOTA TV ^ | Jan 31, 2019

I was able to find the complete statue of obuma.

The Obummer Kitty Litter Statue:

538622_380335228701436_868761322_n.jpg

1c2awy.jpg

7s5s5c.jpg

I wonder if they can match the orange required for tiny hands.

President Barry Soetoro is coming to Rapid City, at least a bronze likeness of the 44th president.

The City of Presidents announced the statue will be completed and unveiled in July 2019.

We now know the Obuma statue will be standing and waving, but co-founder for the City of Presidents, Dallerie Davis said the statue will be more interesting.

"We found out that a standing guy who is waving is rather boring and the one thing we don't want to do is have a boring statue on the street, particularly someone like President Obuma. He deserves a statue that isn't boring," Davis said.

The organization will not release where Obuma will be placed; only that the statue will be highly accessible to everyone who comes through Rapid City.

"We've had a lot of people indicate that they plan on coming from all over the United States. It's remarkable to me how much interest there is. We've had a number of people throughout the United States who say be sure to let us know when it is happening, we will be there. I feel we will have a really good audience for that one," Davis said.

James Van Nuys, the artist says "It's the first of the four statues I've done for the City of Presidents where it is somebody people will recognize. The other three were from the 1850s and I don't think anyone had a strong emotional attachment to them, so it's nice to do someone people are interested in."

James Michael Maher was announced as the sculptor for the statue of President Donald Trump. His statue will not be done until after his term.

Maher has already created five statues for the City of Presidents. They include, Abraham Lincoln, Ronald Reagan, Lyndon B. Johnson, George W. Bush and James Buchanan.

KOTA TV ^ | Jan 31, 2019

1c2awy.jpg

7s5s5c.jpg
Will it be half black or half white... Thats the question

KOTA TV ^ | Jan 31, 2019

1c2awy.jpg

7s5s5c.jpg
Will it be half black or half white... Thats the question

Turd brown

Forum List

Back