Happy 80th Birthday to Jimi Hendrix.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The man who extracted more sounds and nuance from the guitar than any man before or since. It wasn't even the heavy stuff that I most enjoyed, Little Wing, One Rainy Wish, Castles Made of Sand on and on, you could hear the story in his playing.

He had, what, four years of studio album releases? Too bad he left his band, who knows what might have been written.

Zayn Covers Jimi Hendrixā€™s ā€˜Angelā€™ in Celebration of Late Guitar Iconā€™s 80th Birthday​

Zayn is celebrating the musical legacy of Jimi Hendrix.

On Friday (Nov. 25), the former One Direction member shared a gorgeous cover of the late guitar legendā€™s 1971 song ā€œAngel,ā€ from his posthumous album, The Cry of Love. The 29-year-old singerā€™s unique rendition of the track arrived ahead of what wouldā€™ve been Hendrixā€™s 80th birthday on Sunday (Nov. 27).

The man who extracted more sounds and nuance from the guitar than any man before or since. It wasn't even the heavy stuff that I most enjoyed, Little Wing, One Rainy Wish, Castles Made of Sand on and on, you could hear the story in his playing.

He had, what, four years of studio album releases? Too bad he left his band, who knows what might have been written.

Zayn Covers Jimi Hendrixā€™s ā€˜Angelā€™ in Celebration of Late Guitar Iconā€™s 80th Birthday​

On Friday (Nov. 25), the former One Direction member shared a gorgeous cover of the late guitar legendā€™s 1971 song ā€œAngel,ā€ from his posthumous album, The Cry of Love. The 29-year-old singerā€™s unique rendition of the track arrived ahead of what wouldā€™ve been Hendrixā€™s 80th birthday on Sunday (Nov. 27).
Little Wing is one of my favorites...

Happy birthday to him, but I utterly reject your first sentence.

David Gilmore can make sounds from a guitar -- good sounds, not just banging on it -- that no other person living or dead has ever been able to do.

He was the biggest influence of almost every legendary rock guitarist there is.
It is easy to forget that when you listen to a Hendrix guitar riff... that you are listening to someone playing that sound over 50 years ago.

David Gilmore can make sounds from a guitar -- good sounds, not just banging on it -- that no other person living or dead has ever been able to do.
Think these have anything to do with it?

1669669529968.png

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Happy birthday to him, but I utterly reject your first sentence.

??
That is pretty funny.
Not to take anything away from him, but Gilmore and Waters both were heavy into using whatever tools/gadgets they could get their hands on to create different sounds.
Yuo can create virtually infinite sounds with an electric guitar using multiple devices. Anyone can do it. It takes no particular talent to do so.
To say Gilmore is better than Hendrix is laughably naive.

Forum List

Back