Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind

Let me make this clear the Neo-Conservative Republicans prefer not to have Trump any longer within their ranks but let remember Trump base is more than the GOP voting base and he appeals to the third party voter, so even though a poll could say the GOP doesn’t want him the fact is they need him…

This isn’t a ringing endorsement of Trump either and many of you keep on making that same mistake about the man and that is you can not beat Trump at his own game!

He loves negative attention and knows how to turn it against those that are bashing him to the point he will make many believe he is the victim in all this.

Had it not been for Covid Trump would have won in 2020 but because of Covid he lost but don’t think he hasn’t learned from the mistakes and knowing Trump he will keep you looking at one thing as he does what he does best and that is slip around and steal your victory from you…

So let me say it again Trump might be hated by traditional GOP which are Neo-Conservatives but they need him.

It will come down to Trump vs Cruz in 2024 for the Primary and Trump winning again the Primary and if Harris is the Candidate then Trump win in 2024 but if it is Gavin then Trump loses…

I'll just note that this "poll" was conducted by the New York Times. LOL!
I'll just NOTE that this ^^^^^ is just one of your daily requirement of 200+ daily posts.

Marvin is:

M-F
8am - 4pm......... ish...
200+ posts daily, required by whom Marvin.

Pathetic Troll.

I dunno, Trump's 49% sure looks pretty good.

1658872811170.png

While I'm certainly hoping the poll is accurate - I don't think leaving Trump behind will be the end of it. Trump rode a populist wave that will still be around after he exits. And where Trump was a largely harmless caricature, there are others surfing this wave that may be considerably more dangerous (eg DeSantis).

Last edited:
At this point, the only reason Trump will run is to avoid prosecution for all the crimes the 1/6 committee uncovered.

He has to balance that against his chances of getting his ass whipped again. He just won't be able to take that kind of embarassment.

Desantis would be foolish to associate with Trump.

While I'm certainly hoping the poll is accurate - I don't think leaving Trump behind will be the end of it. Trump rode a populist wave that will still be around after he exits. And where Trump was a largely a harmless caricature, there are others surfing this wave that may be considerably more dangerous (eg DeSantis).
I think Trump unleashed a beast that is running away from him. Not even he will be able to tame it.

I believe a lot of right-leaners are like myself.....If he wins his primary fight then we will vote for him in the general but depending on the strength of his challengers might not vote for him in the primary. It's really up in the air at this point.

I'd much prefer a DeSantis or Rand Paul than Trump.

Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind

As Donald J. Trump weighs whether to open an unusually early White House campaign, a New York Times/Siena College poll shows that his post-presidential quest to consolidate his support within the Republican Party has instead left him weakened, with nearly half the party’s primary voters seeking someone different for president in 2024 and a significant number vowing to abandon him if he wins the nomination.

Does Back Seat Driver Donald Trump really want to risk losing a second time? The laughter would follow him to his grave.

When matched up in the poll against other possible contenders for the nomination, Trump comes out ahead. However, he can't win another election if those who don't want him to win the nomination won't vote in the general election.

It appears the more intelligent a Republican is, the more they support DeSantis. But the dumb ones overwhelmingly support Trump.

Of course they do. They BEG to be lied to.

primary-poll-trump-desantis.jpg
That's okay, if we don't get Trump. We get DeSantis, I was hoping to have 4 more years with Trump and the eight more with DeSantis.

At this point, the only reason Trump will run is to avoid prosecution for all the crimes the 1/6 committee uncovered.

He has to balance that against his chances of getting his ass whipped again. He just won't be able to take that kind of embarassment.
That circus will end in January, then the Biden treason investigation starts.

Forum List

Back