"Gush-Up" Economics: The Race to Champion Universal Healthcare

Would people having suddenly having all that free cash spur the economy and benefit the rich?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
As to the Sanders pitch of trying to win back middle votes estranged by the Pope's visit last week, I say it's better to appeal to a republican's business sense that Universal healthcare is a win for the American economy, jobs and spurring consumer confidence than to snuggle up to the rainbow agenda for the same results. It's time to leave the creep agenda until it scrapes off the barnacles.

Republicans like money, lots of it, for themselves. They like to sit on top of it like a pig on a pyramid of potatoes. I think that is an indisputable point. So what makes better sense for their own personal profits that are shrinking because Americans simply can't purchase in the marketplace? Remove the equivalent of a second mortgage in private insurance outlay, cover them at work too, which would urge a boon of new startups of small business and all that free cash that went into the singular funnel of that one industry (health insurance) will instantly start flowing up to the Big Pockets.
I call it "Gush Up" economics.

Health care expenditures in the United States are currently about 18 percent of GDP, and this share is projected to rise sharply. If health care costs continue to grow at historical rates, the share of GDP devoted to health care in the United States is projected to reach 34 percent by 2040. For households with employer-sponsored health insurance, this trend implies that a progressively smaller fraction of their total compensation will be in the form of take-home pay and a progressively larger fraction will take the form of employer-provided health insurance. The Economic Case for Health Care Reform

Any smart person would read Article I, Section 8 and vote to impose a nationwide tax on the #1 killers of Americans: 1. Tobacco 2. Booze 3. Sugar products. Then a small co-pay for basic care and maintenance which would actually cover the real cost of the service. People getting regular cheap checkups are tons more likely to not wind up needing expensive care down the road. They could get regular lectures on staying active, sleeping well, eating well and avoiding dangerous habits.

They could even get regular mental health screening, resulting in less mass shootings which everyone likes! And you know why that mental health care would help the republican agenda too? Less bad PR for the 2nd Amendment. The NRA should be ALL OVER universal healthcare. Why do we have mass shootings? For the slower minded folks I'll explain. It's because of MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES and not guns. And a simple vacuum of morality. See my signature for details on that last point. (There Obama, do you have it all figured out now?)

Then, all that free money newly reclaimed to the lower classes instantly starts burning a hole in their pocket. The first thing they do when they don't have to pay two mortgages, essentially, is to take the one they no longer have to pay and start travelling more, eating out more, buying more clothes, more electronics etc. etc. etc. They have more jobs because of spurred demand. More jobs means more income tax for Uncle Sam. A richer Uncle Sam is a more powerful America. So if you're in any industry that is languishing, you're a friggin' idiot if you oppose universal healthcare. It isn't about compassion, it's about economics. Universal healthcare is a very republican idea.

Last edited:
Under the current "intelligent leadership" will we evolve to this for failure to pay the ransom of simple healthcare?

(Just thought I'd keep the topic light)

So, nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the living room. Typical lockstep idiocracy.. :thewave:

Whats that...the failure of Ocare
I'm not talking about Obamacare at all. I'm talking about a whole other animal. A publicly funded healthcare system from revenues off of taxes on booze, sugar and tobacco with very moderate/small copays for routine care.

Article 1, Section 8

Private insurance for the elite classes.. Limousine care if they want.

Working classes covered, they remain more productive, less sick, pay more taxes...small businesses off the hook...GDP expands...debt decreases...military budget expands...American becomes a superpower again..

..Or we can just keep playing the monopoly game to the singular benefit of private healthcare insurers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back