Green Energy wont work - Who are you kidding?

"Going green can cost too much?"

That's like saying that nutritious food and vitamins are too expensive. I choose nutritious food and vitamins and spend very little money on Doctors. I have friends who eat the junk and bypass the vitamins. They are paying a fortune in doctor bills & medication. In the long run, I am the one who saves money... Not only that, but I look and feel better too!
I would like to know what the first priority is for you when you go grocery shopping. The second thing I'd love to know is what percentage of your monthly budget is consumed by groceries.

Vanda since you seem to be in love with oil.... go take a swim in the gulf maybe that will change your opinion1 I would at least LIKE to have the choice to plug in my vehicle.

Dupont was selling 100 watt solar panels for $120 a peice. Was, they are sold out. The speed at which solar is coming down in price will make that viable for any homeowner with space to put it up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJY-epayVcc]YouTube - New Solar Panels from DuPont[/ame]

Vanda since you seem to be in love with oil.... go take a swim in the gulf maybe that will change your opinion1 I would at least LIKE to have the choice to plug in my vehicle.

This accident in the Gulf is a rare situation. We cannot deny our armed service members the energy they need and bring our economy to a halt because of an accident. :cool: Let me ask you this, do you use an air conditioner? Personally I dont care to live in a hippy commune...good one about the granola munchers, BTW lol

Last edited:
Wind is competative enough

Wind Energy Outlook for North America Pike Research

In 2008, United States wind power generation capacity passed the 25 gigawatt mark by adding over 8 gigawatts from the year before, which represented the largest individual gain of any country in the world. This growth rate of 50% exceeded that of the year before, indicating that the market is still relatively young and has room to grow, despite the economic slowdown. The market for wind turbines will continue to grow through 2015 driven by new generation additions as well as replacements of smaller, older turbines with new, larger, more efficient turbines. In 2007, generation capacity from renewable sources made up only 4% of the world’s electricity sources, but 16% of new electricity generation capacity additions were from renewables with wind power making up more than 80% of these gains by renewables

I have to return to work.

Here is what I have to say:

Dirty energy is last century's energy.

The only reason it's still in power is because Dirty Energy Money "oils" the squeaky wheels of our Political Machine. We all know it.

Electricity was not embraced overnight. Tesla, Edison, Faraday... It took many years for their inventions to take hold. Westinghouse opened the first major plant at Niagara Falls in 1985 and by 1920, only 2% of the energy in the US was used to make electricity. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks; it just takes a long time...

We are seeing the same thing now, at the juncture of our transition to clean energy.

We can not look to our so called "Leaders" to show us the way, for most of them are sold to Dirty Energy, who put them in power in the first place.

A new breed of human has already been raised. This new breed understands that by sucking Mother Nature dry of all its limited resources, we are indeed writing our own Death Sentence!

Clean, sustainable energy is here to stay, whether the old guard is ready to accept it or not.

"...And that's all I'm gonna say about that!"

This accident in the Gulf is a rare situation. We cannot deny our armed service members the energy they need and bring our economy to a halt because of an accident. :cool: Let me ask you this, do you use an air conditioner?

Hmmm........

Military Leaders Push for Alternative Energy | APRN

Military Leaders Push for Alternative Energy
Tue, July 6, 2010
Posted in Alaska News

Joaqlin Estus, KNBA – Anchorage

A new group of advocates for renewable and alternative energy plan is emerging: veterans and retired military leaders. A national advocacy group called “Operation Free” organized a panel of speakers in Anchorage Tuesday.

The nation’s dependence on fossil fuels and climate change are already leading to increased costs for the military, says Retired Marine Corps Lieutenant General John Castellaw. And he says leaders are considering what to do about military bases that will be under water due to rising ocean levels. The military is also getting hit by the rising cost of fuel, which, in Afghanistan, is soaring:

The group says climate change will bring increased instability due to shortages of water and food, mass migrations and natural disasters as well as extremism and terrorism. The U.S. military may need to intervene to protect countries with extensive oil reserves. U. S. Senator Mark Begich says America’s dependence on oil is undermining its strategic position in the world:

Military Tests Solar Field Hospital

Researchers from Florida University recently began testing a new field hospital design in the Honduran jungle. U.s. Military and emergency response teams are hopeful that the project will be a success, as each unit would be able to desalinate up to 400 gallons of water per day, and produce enough electricity to power an average American household. The portable hospitals will use thin-film solar technology, but can also be powered using wind and micro-hydro, or even biofuels. The military plans to adopt the system for worldwide use if the tests are a success.

This accident in the Gulf is a rare situation. We cannot deny our armed service members the energy they need and bring our economy to a halt because of an accident. :cool: Let me ask you this, do you use an air conditioner?

Our economy will come to a halt due to this accident. I acknowledge that I can make changes in my lifestyle but being limited by CHOICES makes it even harder. Do you own stock in BP or one of the other oil companies?

I am still researching the amount of those subsidies and tax breaks.

Can someone tell me why the servicemembers are there in the first place? I still haven't figured that out.

The military also tested atomic fallout by marching soldiers in it and tested LSD by surreptitiously giving soldiers up to 50 hits of it...How'd those little "experiments" work out?

Ah Dooodeee..... Still practicing at being stupid. You are getting it down to an art.

Tell that to the Russians and Chinese. Putin went so far as to drop ALL green initiatives saying "Russia will not pursue ANY energy that is not carbon or nuclear based. The chinese just built the Three Gorges Dam that has flooded hundreds of square miles of land and destroyed many dozen villages.

Last edited:

Tell that to the Russians and Chinese. Putin went so far as to drop ALL green initiatives saying "Russia will not pursue ANY energy that is not carbon or nuclear based. The chinese just built the Three Gorges Dam that has flooded hundreds of square miles of land and destroyed many dozen villages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/business/energy-environment/25solar.html?_r=1

WUXI, China — President Obama wants to make the United States “the world’s leading exporter of renewable energy,” but in his seven months in office, it is China that has stepped on the gas in an effort to become the dominant player in green energy — especially in solar power, and even in the United States.

Chinese companies have already played a leading role in pushing down the price of solar panels by almost half over the last year. Shi Zhengrong, the chief executive and founder of China’s biggest solar panel manufacturer, Suntech Power Holdings, said in an interview here that Suntech, to build market share, is selling solar panels on the American market for less than the cost of the materials, assembly and shipping.

Backed by lavish government support, the Chinese are preparing to build plants to assemble their products in the United States to bypass protectionist legislation. As Japanese automakers did decades ago, Chinese solar companies are encouraging their United States executives to join industry trade groups to tamp down anti-Chinese sentiment before it takes root.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/business/energy-environment/25solar.html?_r=1

WUXI, China — President Obama wants to make the United States “the world’s leading exporter of renewable energy,” but in his seven months in office, it is China that has stepped on the gas in an effort to become the dominant player in green energy — especially in solar power, and even in the United States.
Uh-huh.

Cheap trinkets from China at Wal-Mart are the death of the American worker, but goofy windmills from China are the savior of the planet.

You leftloons and your blatant double standards sure are a hoot. :lol:

China doubles wind power in a year - U.S. news - Environment - Green Machines - msnbc.com

BRUSSELS — China doubled the amount of energy generated from windmills last year, a report from the global wind industry said Wednesday.

The Global Wind Energy Council, which represents companies that make and manage wind power stations, said the sector grew rapidly last year — with total wind capacity up 31 percent — despite the economic downturn.

The market for new wind turbines was worth $63 billion in 2009, it said.

China became the biggest market for new wind turbines last year, as it doubled power capacity from 12 gigawatts to 25 gigawatts. The world's biggest emitter of greenhouse gases is turning to renewables as well as coal as its growing economy calls for more power.

China is aiming to increase that sixfold — to 150 gigawatts — by 2020. The Chinese Renewable Energy Industries Association says it could hit that target far earlier. But wind power still accounts for only 1 percent of China's total electricity consumption.

Forum List

Back