God, Government and the Poor

TheReaper

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2022
Recently I posted an article called "30 Good Things President Trump Has Done for America"

At the end of the list the author states this:

"If you believe (as I do) that God is sovereign over the affairs of nations, do you think that Donald Trump’s presidency has been evidence of divine blessing or divine judgment? I admit that perceiving divine purposes in human events is a task that cannot be proved with certainty one way or another, but when I look over this list of 30 actions, it appears to me to be far more characteristic of divine blessing than of divine judgment. If others disagree, I respect your right to have a different opinion, but that is my view"

In my thread a leftwing democrat forum member went on to respond with Scripture about helping the poor. The inference there was that democrats help the poor and Republicans do not.

That is a common belief, and a total lie.

Who has heard the phrase, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life."

This is so applicable today: Democrats love to give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or in our case they love to give people free cheese and food stamps. Republicans want to teach a man to fish and feed him for life, or in our case, create a strong economy with good jobs and allow all Americans the dignity or earning a living. Democrats do not seem to grasp the concept of personal dignity and the Godliness of a honest days labor.

So, when it comes to helping the poor, Republican policies are best. A rising tide lifts all boats.
Under President Trump we reached the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, and in case anyone forgot, Trump achieved the lowest Black and Hispanic unemployment rates on record. As I say, a rising tide lifts all boats.

And as for social issues like sodomy (gay marriage) and killing (abortion) etc., well we all know what God says about those.

Go with GOD and go with GOP

ABC News October 4, 2019, 2:30 PM

Last edited:
  • Banned
1663662534674.png

Recently I posted an article called "30 Good Things President Trump Has Done for America"

At the end of the list the author states this:

"If you believe (as I do) that God is sovereign over the affairs of nations, do you think that Donald Trump’s presidency has been evidence of divine blessing or divine judgment? I admit that perceiving divine purposes in human events is a task that cannot be proved with certainty one way or another, but when I look over this list of 30 actions, it appears to me to be far more characteristic of divine blessing than of divine judgment. If others disagree, I respect your right to have a different opinion, but that is my view"

In my thread a leftwing democrat forum member went on to respond with Scripture about helping the poor. The inference there was that democrats help the poor and Republicans do not.

Who has heard the phrase, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life."

And not in the Bible. When Jesus (who is in the Bible) fed the multitude, did he give them fish or did he tell them to get off their lazy asses and go catch some fish?

• Banned
So how long does it take to teach somebody to fish. . . . .

Well, every American gets 12 years of free education. Its too bad that democrats stopped teaching them essential skills and instead groom them to be fags and trannies. Community college is free to.

At any rate, most normal people want a job and do not want free cheese.

Your misdirect is pathetically sad bullshit.

I repeat:

QUOTE: . . . . In my thread a leftwing democrat forum member went on to respond with Scripture about helping the poor. The inference there was that democrats help the poor and Republicans do not.

This is so applicable today: Democrats love to give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or in our case they love to give people free cheese and food stamps. Republicans want to teach a man to fish and feed him for life, or in our case, create a strong economy with good jobs and allow all Americans the dignity or earning a living. Democrats do not seem to grasp the concept of personal dignity and the Godliness of a honest days labor.

So, when it comes to helping the poor, Republican policies are best. A rising tide lifts all boats.
Under President Trump we reached the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, and in case anyone forgot, Trump achieved the lowest Black and Hispanic unemployment rates on record. As I say, a rising tide lifts all boats.

And as for social issues like sodomy (gay marriage) and killing (abortion) etc., well we all know what God says about those.

[/QUOTE]

• Banned
. . . . What good does teaching them to fish do if there aren't enough fish to go around, or no fish left at all?

I see that you are also totally ignorant of economics.

Wealth is not a static pie that everyone gets a piece of. Wealth is created. Bill Gates took 1's and 0's and made billions out of thin air. The Uber founder took an idea and made millions off of just an idea.

You never run out of "fish" you moron. Your ignorance on this topic is frightening.

So how long does it take to teach somebody to fish, and what do they eat while they're being taught? What good does teaching them to fish do if there aren't enough fish to go around, or no fish left at all?
It depends on whether they like eating fish or enjoy the great outdoors enough to get wet, and if at a pond, whether it was stocked with better eating fish at some point. Sometimes the best teachers are long-time fishermen willing to share their love of fishing with you. there are a plethora of books out there, as well:
1663666706192.png

• Banned
It depends on whether they like eating fish or enjoy the great outdoors enough to get wet, and if at a pond, whether it was stocked with better eating fish at some point. Sometimes the best teachers are long-time fishermen willing to share their love of fishing with you. there are a plethora of books out there, as well:

I love sarcasm

The Liberal cannot refute these facts. He can only respond with hate.

[/QUOTE]

"This is so applicable today: Democrats love to give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or in our case they love to give people free cheese and food stamps".

Sure.................as republicans give free fish to the person running the fish market.

The god of Liberals is government.
It's the god of republicans too.
They want their god to be worshipped.
Rand Paul sure does, depending......................

December 15 2021
Destructive tornados have swept through five states in the South and Midwest, leaving 88 people dead and many more without homes or power. Most of the damage has been concentrated in Kentucky where at least 74 people have died.

Paul sent a letter to Biden endorsing a request from Beshear that the president declare a major disaster in the state and start sending personnel from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to start assessing and responding to the damage done.

Paul also signed onto a Sunday letter sent by the Kentucky congressional delegation asking Biden for federal individual disaster assistance, which pays for things like temporary housing and repairs to damaged uninsured private property.

The two major examples cited to prove Paul's hypocrisy involve his opposition to supplemental appropriation bills in to provide aid in the wake of 2012's Hurricane Sandy and the hurricanes and wildfires that occurred in 2017.

In both cases, Paul proposed amending these bills so that they offset these supplemental appropriations—which ended up being $51 billion for Hurricane Sandy and a whopping $136 billion for 2017's disasters—with spending cuts elsewhere in the budget.

The Liberal cannot refute these facts. He can only respond with hate.

In July of 2022 the UE Rate was at 3.5%. Did I miss you thread proclaiming Biden was also a blessing from God due to this fact?

Forum List

Back