GM to sell only 0 emission cars by 2035

Barring some huge, unanticipatable advances in battery technology, internal-combustion cars will still be dominant fifteen years from now, and electric cars will still be just a fringe niche. GM isn't going to stop building internal-engined cars that soon, unless it is willing to give up its status as a major automobile manufacturer, and shrink itself down to whatever share of the niche it can win away from tesla and others that occupy it.

GM is virtue signaling the Idiot Biden Administration (IBA).

Barring some huge, unanticipatable advances in battery technology, internal-combustion cars will still be dominant fifteen years from now, and electric cars will still be just a fringe niche. GM isn't going to stop building internal-engined cars that soon, unless it is willing to give up its status as a major automobile manufacturer, and shrink itself down to whatever share of the niche it can win away from tesla and others that occupy it.

We shall see ... shan’t we ;)

What we want ...

https _blogs-images.forbes.com_nargessbanks_files_2018_08_3.BMW-i8-Rodster.jpg

What they'll make sure we get ...

i003574.jpg

If, as we get much closer to 2035, GM still seems committed to this path, then that would be a very good time to buy stock in Ford.

Ford is on the same path my friend.

Ditto with the oil industry. Within 3-5 years, every gas station and every decent hotel will have charging stations. No money in oil. Know how much Exxon lost last year?

Last edited:
Side note - I sell promotional products/ services to the big three commercial truck manufacturers. They’re investing billions in EV development.

Here’s their Super Bowl ad. Brilliant!! :D

Hah .... In 2035 it will still be required to generate the bulk of electricity to the grid by fossil fuel...to harge the lithium batteries sold to us by China to power GM autos.

One problem-we don't have either the generation or distribution capacity to handle the load of an electric vehicle fleet. Even Elon Musk and the President of Toyota have gone on record about this. So, GM goes all EV, and some states with no foresight and managed by those with zero understanding of engineering or economics go "all EV" in just 14 years....just how long does it take to spin up new power plants and dams? We're wasting our energy industry on "fluff" like wind and solar, which still make up a very small part of our generating capacity. Yet those two sources put our entire power grid at risk with their unsteady output.

Battery and charging technology will improve by leaps and bounds in the next ten years. The advantages of EV's are overwhelming, and combine performance, economy, and a platform that can easily incorporate new technology even if it is developed after the particular vehicle was sold. The price will also come down, so that those buying Toyota Corolla's today will be able to find an EV that they can afford.

The question is, what will Leftist states do to "discourage" people from hanging on to their old ICE cars (other than as collector items). Will they buy them outright to be sent to the crusher? It wouldn't surprise me.

GM's timeline is eminently achievable.

Nickel's where it's at. I said that years ago. Ha.

Just talking to myself here.

The price of nickel on the London Metal Exchange jumped to $22,745 per ton on Wednesday. That's a ten year high, with demand expected to rise almost twenty fold. That gradual rise is, of course, dependent upon the Paris Climate agreement, though.

Anyway. That is all.

Last edited:
The cost of nickel on the London Metal Exchange (LME) just soared past $100,000 per ton for the first time in history and grew almost 3.5 times since the beginning of the week

Forum List

Back