Gilead’s coronavirus drug will cost $2,340 — which sounds expensive, but here’s why it’s not

Picaro

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2010
Texas
The cost of remdesivir for a 5-day course of treatment is $2,340 in all developed countries, a price tag that is similar to cost-effectiveness estimates previously shared by a drug-pricing watchdog organization. There is one exception, however; in the U.S., the cost for a patient who has commercial health insurance, including a plan through their employer and purchased on the health exchanges, is $3,120.

lol lol lol Wasn't this stuff supposed to cost around $2 a dose just a couple weeks ago?

How can you look at the chemical structure of that compound and think it would only cost $2 a dose? ...

Considering the cost of five days in ICU, the extra $3,120 seems trivial ... I'm kinda of surprised it's only a $780 mark-up here in the USA ... this better not impact my dividend payments ... these hospitals are legally bound to insure the highest profit margins allowed ... and I demand my share ...

The cost of remdesivir for a 5-day course of treatment is $2,340 in all developed countries, a price tag that is similar to cost-effectiveness estimates previously shared by a drug-pricing watchdog organization. There is one exception, however; in the U.S., the cost for a patient who has commercial health insurance, including a plan through their employer and purchased on the health exchanges, is $3,120.

lol lol lol Wasn't this stuff supposed to cost around $2 a dose just a couple weeks ago?
Had the disease, got the anti-bodies. T-shirt is coming in from Redbubble next week. :cool:

Hydroxy will cost $8 and a bottle of Budweiser.....I took it for malaria prevention in SE asia.....first day, had the runs like the River Nile....after that, no problemo.

You believers are so gullible- of course it's gonna cost money- follow it and see the agenda. It ain't rocket science.

You believers are so gullible- of course it's gonna cost money- follow it and see the agenda. It ain't rocket science.

Just goes to show you health care premiums are too low ... cheapskate Americans are gonna haff'ta pony up more dough if they want profitable hospitals ... jack rates 15% for re-insurance if we want profitable insurance companies ... it ain't brain surgery ... (oh wait, yes it is, sorry) ...

Forum List

Back