Trump Getting to see history being made.

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
i have heard so much about trump rallies I am finally going to be able to see one. He is coming to Tallahassee on Tuesday. I will be able to see size of crowd, makeup of crowd, and enthusiasm of crowd for myself. With two universities here we might have some chippiness too. Why he is coming back to north Florida which is solidly republican I don't know but not my call. I am really looking forward to this.

i have heard so much about trump rallies I am finally going to be able to see one. He is coming to Tallahassee on Tuesday. I will be able to see size of crowd, makeup of crowd, and enthusiasm of crowd for myself. With two universities here we might have some chippiness too. Why he is coming back to north Florida which is solidly republican I don't know but not my call. I am really looking forward to this.
I've been to one. It was sort a cross between a big tent revival and a pep rally. Florida is a battleground state. He's in north Florida to keep his base solid. Going after the Hispanic vote in South Florida would be a wasted effort although it's on his schedule. Trump is making all the calls in his campaign now and a lot of those calls make no sense at all.

I've been to one. It was sort a cross between a big tent revival and a pep rally. Florida is a battleground state. He's in north Florida to keep his base solid. Going after the Hispanic vote in South Florida would be a wasted effort although it's on his schedule. Trump is making all the calls in his campaign now and a lot of those calls make no sense at all.

Where?

Where?
Everett, Washington

Where?
Everett, Washington

Sorry, but I don't believe you. Prove it. Post a photo.

So what was the makeup of the crowd at the event you saw? I tend to agree with you on the Spanish vote. My Mexican captain says he can't find one Latino that is voting for trump. They are pissed at trump. Still haven't seen one Hilary sign, a couple,of bumper stickers, in 300 miles of I75. Waitress at the village inn in Tampa said she is voting for trump and so is a Latino church group but when asked what the breakdown between trump and Hilary of all the people she met, she said 70/30 for Hilary.

Where?
Everett, Washington

I really don't care. I didn't take pictures. There was no reason to do so. It was exactly what I expected.

So what was the makeup of the crowd at the event you saw? I tend to agree with you on the Spanish vote. My Mexican captain says he can't find one Latino that is voting for trump. They are pissed at trump. Still haven't seen one Hilary sign, a couple,of bumper stickers, in 300 miles of I75. Waitress at the village inn in Tampa said she is voting for trump and so is a Latino church group but when asked what the breakdown between trump and Hilary of all the people she met, she said 70/30 for Hilary.
The rally I attended, I saw zero blacks. I'm not sure about Hispanics. Most of the crowd was older. I would say mostly 50+ but there were some families. Since Republicans are in the minority here and this is the only rally Trump had scheduled in Washington, there were lots of people here from Republican areas in the eastern part of the state. Trump said exactly the same things he says on TV. He never revealed any details about his platform issues. I was surprised by how charismatic Trump is in person.

The rally I attended, I saw zero blacks. I'm not sure about Hispanics. Most of the crowd was older. I would say mostly 50+ but there were some families. Since Republicans are in the minority here and this is the only rally Trump had scheduled in Washington, there were lots of people here from Republican areas in the eastern part of the state. Trump said exactly the same things he says on TV. He never revealed any details about his platform issues. I was surprised by how charismatic Trump is in person.

An older crowd in Florida? :eusa_think:

Where?
Everett, Washington

I really don't care. I didn't take pictures. There was no reason to do so. It was exactly what I expected.

I think you're full of baloney.

What date was the event?
Where was it held?
What time did it start?
How long was the line to get in?
How did you get tickets?
Who was the opening speaker?
What other speakers were there?
What time did Trump come on?
How long did he speak for?
What type of music did they play before he arrived, then as he walked up?

An older crowd in Florida? :eusa_think:
Nationwide most Trump supporters fall in the age bracket 45-64. Since Floridians are older than the national average, most Trump supporters in Florida are going to be 50+.

Ok here is the report on the rally. People through security 15000. People unable to get in, 10000 to 15000. I was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half until I snuck around. They closed the gates once and then reopened them. I did not know that the secret service decides how many people can get in. The rally was literally in a cow pasture where there was plenty of room but they cut them off. I 10 was backed up for two miles. There was a protest group of one or two hundred. One thing for sure was that the crowd was overwhelmingly white. I might have seen a dozen black people in the crowd but ironically almost all the vendors were black. Trumps speech was no different than you see on tv. I would say the crowd was 50/50 men and women and there is no age gap, while we are in a university town and some were there out of curiosity, the support for trump cuts across all age groups. It,isn't just old white men.

But the real takeaway for me was the people and the vibe. Florida is dry dry now but we had to walk almost a half mile down a dusty gravel road. It serpentine its way to the staging area and to see this road chockerblock full of people like a migration or a Woodstock was a rush. People in wheelchairs and walkers were making the trip. Mothers with their children. All of them are bonded together by the effort to save America and to a person they know Donald trump is the only way out. These people are committed, energized, and on a mission. Being in their company was like a contact high. Even during trumps speech, he was just the maestro and the crowd was the orchestra. They would finish his drain the swamp and make America great again comments. You feel a comraderie, you do feel like you are part of a movement. I was moved and glad that I went.

Trump has had as many as 5 events in one day in Florida. At all of his rally's he has had 15000 or more people, and those are just the ones who can get in. This happens whether it is in west palm, Naples, Tampa, sanborn, Jacksonville, Panama City, or wherever. Kaine had a rally in Miami or nearby where thirty people,showed up while pence at the same time in NC garnered 10000. Anecdotal is anecdotal but at some point it means something.

Ok here is the report on the rally. People through security 15000. People unable to get in, 10000 to 15000. I was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half until I snuck around. They closed the gates once and then reopened them. I did not know that the secret service decides how many people can get in. The rally was literally in a cow pasture where there was plenty of room but they cut them off. I 10 was backed up for two miles. There was a protest group of one or two hundred. One thing for sure was that the crowd was overwhelmingly white. I might have seen a dozen black people in the crowd but ironically almost all the vendors were black. Trumps speech was no different than you see on tv. I would say the crowd was 50/50 men and women and there is no age gap, while we are in a university town and some were there out of curiosity, the support for trump cuts across all age groups. It,isn't just old white men.

But the real takeaway for me was the people and the vibe. Florida is dry dry now but we had to walk almost a half mile down a dusty gravel road. It serpentine its way to the staging area and to see this road chockerblock full of people like a migration or a Woodstock was a rush. People in wheelchairs and walkers were making the trip. Mothers with their children. All of them are bonded together by the effort to save America and to a person they know Donald trump is the only way out. These people are committed, energized, and on a mission. Being in their company was like a contact high. Even during trumps speech, he was just the maestro and the crowd was the orchestra. They would finish his drain the swamp and make America great again comments. You feel a comraderie, you do feel like you are part of a movement. I was moved and glad that I went.

Trump has had as many as 5 events in one day in Florida. At all of his rally's he has had 15000 or more people, and those are just the ones who can get in. This happens whether it is in west palm, Naples, Tampa, sanborn, Jacksonville, Panama City, or wherever. Kaine had a rally in Miami or nearby where thirty people,showed up while pence at the same time in NC garnered 10000. Anecdotal is anecdotal but at some point it means something.

The structure of the two candidate's campaign is very different. Trump has very few local volunteers or paid employees compared to Clinton. He also has very few celebrities on the campaign trail. So when Trump comes to town, he has to meet directly with voters in large arenas. Clinton and those campaigning for her hold smaller meeting in which most of the attendees are volunteers and local workers, often get out the vote or registration workers. These are people that make direct contact with voters, passing out handbills, putting up signs, registering voters, making calls, and knocking on doors. Trump does not have this level of local support so his has do it himself in large venues.

Like most people that will vote for Clinton, I have no reason to go to an arena to see Clinton. I've been watching her on TV for over 20 years. I think I know just about everything about her. Trump on the other hand, is something totally new and different. He's a charismatic speaker, a TV star that a lot of people want to see and not just his supporters. My wife and I went to a rally in our area because we were curious and wanted to see him but we're not going to vote for him.

If you think Trump support can be measured by attendance at large rallies, think again.

Well flop if your description is right Hilary supporters are bloodless emotional robots, no they are sheep, and her voters have to be forced marched to the polls. Enthusiasm equal voter turnout. I love your reasoning. Obama wins cause people are crazy for him, but Hilary is going to win cause because it is what is supposed to happen. Maybe she can just push buttons maybe not. Lord knows the whole world is against trump and it will be a political miracle if he wins, but at least people,have one chance to stop the corruption.

I have also heard reince prebius say many times that they learned from the obama ground game and the republican ground game is vastly improved. We shall see.

Well flop if your description is right Hilary supporters are bloodless emotional robots, no they are sheep, and her voters have to be forced marched to the polls. Enthusiasm equal voter turnout. I love your reasoning. Obama wins cause people are crazy for him, but Hilary is going to win cause because it is what is supposed to happen. Maybe she can just push buttons maybe not. Lord knows the whole world is against trump and it will be a political miracle if he wins, but at least people,have one chance to stop the corruption.

I have also heard reince prebius say many times that they learned from the obama ground game and the republican ground game is vastly improved. We shall see.
Most people that vote for Clinton are certainly not very enthusiastic to see her president, rather they are enthusiastic about keeping Trump out of office. Most of her voters see her as old news, a safe bet, competent but not exciting. She been around what seems like forever. She been in a dozen presidential debates and at least 25 Senate debates. She has made over 195 diplomatic visits abroad as First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State. There has been over 3,000 magazine articles about her, over a dozen books, not counting Republican hatchet jobs, and more interviews than she can remember. However, Hillary Clinton is about as exciting as a limp rag but she is by far the most qualified candidate in the race and knows more about governing and foreign policy than Trump will every know.

Forum List

Back