Garbage Singer Calls Out Corporations as Live Musicians Struggle

Musicians have been complaining about the industry for years. I refuse to attend any show using the dynamic ticket pricing system. So if an artist is selling their tickets that way, I'll not be attending no matter the price.

i hope the corporations don't take it personally. don't want to hurt their feelings!

Shirley Manson's net worth is right around $16 million.

If she's so worried about new acts being able to find venues, she should hire these bands on as support acts. Have one or two bands from the area where the concert is, and let people see them.

If she doesn't do at least that, she's just running her mouth...

Musicians have been complaining about the industry for years. I refuse to attend any show using the dynamic ticket pricing system. So if an artist is selling their tickets that way, I'll not be attending no matter the price.
AKA: The reason I haven't attended a live show in a decade. TicketBastards can eat a dick.

Get a real job like everyone else.
Music has value, otherwise people wouldn't pay for it.

But, if people are NOT paying for it, maybe it's time to consider a different career.
:dunno:

I have a shit ton of musical talent, but so do millions of others. That doesn't mean I can or should make a career out of it.

Music has value, otherwise people wouldn't pay for it.

But, if people are NOT paying for it, maybe it's time to consider a different career.
:dunno:

I have a shit ton of musical talent, but so do millions of others. That doesn't mean I can or should make a career out of it.
Move to DC. Since we have the world’s largest no-risk corporation (the federal government), we always have money. Since we always have money, local businesses — including the music business — can thrive.
I’m about ready to retire from music so you can take my slot. 😉

When a millionaire complains that they cant take more advantage of those in the middle class that attend their performances, you just have to stop and shake your head.

Oh, Shirley Manson, the singer for the band Garbage. Okay, then.

I thought the headline referred to some modern singer who was garbage, and I thought to myself that they are going to have to be more specific.

Forum List

Back