Game of Thrones Season 6

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I thought the season started pretty well. They have so many parallel storylines I was nervous it would drag one or a few of them the full episode. The show did quick hit updates on all stories. I like that Brienne finally showed up in time. Just a perfect way to provide updates of where they left off.

My predictions:
(1) Is is overtly obvious that the Red Witch is going to revive Jon. I think the Wilding army will show up to avenge Jon Snowe including the Giant. Before the fight starts Snow emerges alive, but changed and harden. It kills, I forget the head guys name, and order the death of all the mutineers including the kids who gave the fatal stab.
(2) Danny builds a relationship with Morso. We find out he has a past with Drago. He agrees to help her.
(3) Tyrion and Varys rule Meeran well and get it into good order. They snuff out the head of that group and put down the rebellion. Danny is very impressed with both and makes them her chief advisors.
(4) Martels and the Lanisters go to war. Lanisters crush Dorne.
(5) Sansa somehow makes it to Littlefinger who uses her torture by Ramsay to get the Knights of vale and the rest of the North to take out the Boltons. Littlefinger wins.
(6) Arya learns much while blind and eventually gains her sight back, but still keeps her list.
(7) Danny starts her invasion of Westros

I just like that Sansa FINALLY has a friend. She hasn't had one for like 5 1/2 seasons and her role in the show has basically been to be increasingly shamed and disgraced by the most evil characters on the show.

My prediction, and you heard it here first:

Sansa reclaims Winterfell from the Boltons with a wildling army loyal to Jon Snow's sister and all of her family's bannermen.

Why? You can see in the last season 6 trailer a clip of wildlings fighting the Bolton's so they must either fight for Sansa and the Starks (which is what I think), or Jon Snow comes back to life and leads them (which would be awesome but I think a resurrected Jon Snow will have other priorities).

Other notes: In that same trailer you see Davos telling Sansa the real war is against the white walkers, not the other Kingdoms. So maybe the north rallies around Sansa and it's up to her to decide whether to stay north or go south?

I just like that Sansa FINALLY has a friend. She hasn't had one for like 5 1/2 seasons and her role in the show has basically been to be increasingly shamed and disgraced by the most evil characters on the show.

My prediction, and you heard it here first:

Sansa reclaims Winterfell from the Boltons with a wildling army loyal to Jon Snow's sister and all of her family's bannermen.

Why? You can see in the last season 6 trailer a clip of wildlings fighting the Bolton's so they must either fight for Sansa and the Starks (which is what I think), or Jon Snow comes back to life and leads them (which would be awesome but I think a resurrected Jon Snow will have other priorities).

Other notes: In that same trailer you see Davos telling Sansa the real war is against the white walkers, not the other Kingdoms. So maybe the north rallies around Sansa and it's up to her to decide whether to stay north or go south?

I hope you have that point right. I think Littlefinger is going to come in. I think he had higher aspirations then Lord of Vale

I binge-watched the series before season 5 and thought I knew what was happening on all fronts. So last night I started watching the beginning of 6 and had no idea what was going on. So I put 6 on hold, went back and saw the last episode of 5 (ah, the shame walk even if she was a body-double of lovely Lena) and it helped some but I'm still lost. :dunno:

I binge-watched the series before season 5 and thought I knew what was happening on all fronts. So last night I started watching the beginning of 6 and had no idea what was going on. So I put 6 on hold, went back and saw the last episode of 5 (ah, the shame walk even if she was a body-double of lovely Lena) and it helped some but I'm still lost. :dunno:
Tom,

I've been watching Game Of Thrones since the series started. I enjoy every episode because of the interesting settings, bizarre characters and spectacular effects. But I have never had the slightest idea of what is happening or who is doing it or who is who from one episode to another. I do know the writers are employing the sometimes frustrating technique of holding viewer interest by always doing the absolutely unexpected.

As for Season 6; I did what you did. I went to On Demand and watched the final episode of Season 5, mainly because I couldn't recall what made the little girl (I can't remember most of the characters' names) blind. And I will say I am a bit pissed off about the way Jon Snow was killed.

While some are predicting Snow's resurrection I believe it's wishful thinking. Because if they're going to start bringing the dead back to life it will transform the fantasy into a fairy tale.

Anyway, it's not The Borgias or The Tudors, but I like it and I'm glad there is another season and, hopefully, more to come.

I don't have predictions because I really don't care.

Season 6 beginning sucked. Slow. Boring. Droll.

I have no idea what to predict because it may have already happened for all I know. :lol: It is EPIC television; I've never seen anything like it's cinematography...spectacular! And I'm not a fan of fantasy or fiction...ah hell, I watch it for the female nudity and battle scenes mostly but there are a few characters I enjoy. The midget and that she-beast bodyguard with the short hair and armor are my favorites and that one mercenary who gets on the right side of things before a massacre. I heard they're doing a season 7 which is a long time in TV years to maintain excellence...few shows have done it.

They take too long between seasons. Way too long.

I will still watch, but for now, it's more meh than yay.

had the slightest idea of what is happening or who is doing it or who is who from one episode to another. I do know the writers are employing the sometimes frustrating technique of holding viewer interest by always doing the absolutely unexpected.

It is not that hard to comprehend.

And I will say I am a bit pissed off about the way Jon Snow was killed.

While some are predicting Snow's resurrection I believe it's wishful thinking. Because if they're going to start bringing the dead back to life it will transform the fantasy into a fairy tale.
They have already brought people back from the dead on the show.

In the book they supposedly brought Cat Stark back from the dead, so it isn't that far fetched.

I don't have predictions because I really don't care.

Season 6 beginning sucked. Slow. Boring. Droll.
It did quick hit updates on most of the running stories and not keeping us in the dark for episode after episode like the Walking Dead does.

Next episode will probably deal with Bran

tumblr_n47d7f7uFv1rt5pgzo1_400.gif

Still pissed about Ellaria Uller killing Doran Martell and Areo Hotah. They didn't even give Areo Hotah one "I obey" line. wtf

***SPOILER ALERT***

Worst kept secret! Still glad it played out like it did.

Ramsay is one evil bastard. I didn't see him taking out Roose though. The show is sick sometimes. The way the fat girl and the baby were taken out was just wrong.

Iron born bores me.

Glad to see the giant back. Love the giant.

I heard some uproar (similar to the Sansa supposed rape scene) about the mother and newborn graphic dog mauling scene. I will admit I was biting my nails hoping it won't go down the way it was being made out to be and then it happened and I sat there in disbelief.

Did it go over the line? I say no. It is GoT you have to expect the worst. In medieval times ultraviolet things like this occurred.

Two giants who kick some ass

Will make for an interesting season

Forum List

Back