From getting straight As in the hood to not so got grades at UC

How utterly PATHETIC this child is. It is heartbreaking. It is repeated thousands and thousands of times. If he had not taken that puff African American studies class, he would have flunked out. He will flunk out next year. He will not graduate. But, if he is able to stuff his classes with enough useless courses he might. Then he will be competing with far better prepared whites and Asians in the real world and his real pain will start.

It isn't DeShawn's fault. In his mind, according to his community standards, he did everything right. He did well. He did well right up to the point where he wasn't being accommodated any more.

Justice Powell would come to rely heavily on one of those briefs, in which Columbia, Harvard, Stanford and the University of Pennsylvania joined in arguing, without any empirical evidence, that diversity "makes the university a better learning environment." Like the four other conservatives on the court, Powell rejected the social-justice rationale for such policies, arguing that the government should not be in the business of deciding which segments of American society owed what to whom for past misdeeds. Nevertheless, he did not want the court to be radically changing how colleges did business. Looking for a way out, he ended up saying the four elite colleges had convinced him of the educational benefits of treating some applicants' minority status as a "plus factor."

Proponents of race-conscious admissions policies have yet to produce a study of their educational benefits without some limitation or flaw. Many focus only on benefits to minority students. Others define benefits in nakedly ideological terms, declaring the policies successful if they seem correlated with the adoption of liberal views. A large share relies on survey data that substitute subjective opinions for an objective measurement of learning.
America's Universities Are Living a Diversity Lie - WSJ.com

Why would they admit such a dangerously unqualified student? To test the tutoring abilities of other students and professors and instructors?

Dumb chimp, can't hack it at university!!

Jeez!!
College is easy.
I finished my BA whilst serving full time in the Army and holding down a couple of PT jobs.
For 15 months of the programme I was deployed abroad.
Still finished within the alotted time.
It was so easy I thought I was missing something, the way people always whined about how hard/stressful/high pressure it was!!

You want a cookie?

Dumb chimp, can't hack it at university!!

Jeez!!
College is easy.
Especially Community College!
I finished my BA whilst serving full time in the Army and holding down a couple of PT jobs.
For 15 months of the programme I was deployed abroad.
Still finished within the alotted time.
It was so easy I thought I was missing something, the way people always whined about how hard/stressful/high pressure it was!!
I want to take this time to Thank You for Protecting America's CURRENT FREEDOMS and our CURRENT Way of Life.

Berkeley is very competitive. This would would probably do okay or even excel at other schools. Not everyone is Berkeley material . At least the kid has work ethic

Forum List

Back