French man to lesbian couple: Farewell kiss "cannot be tolerated"

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Lesbians goodbye kiss leads to humiliation in Paris World news The Guardian

Paris is where people – lovestruck locals and tourists alike – kiss. You can hardly take two steps down a rue or grand boulevard without seeing a couple smooching, often in the middle of the pavement.

Carrie and Mr Big chose the Pont des Arts for their kiss in the final episode of Sex and the City and visitors can hire a photographer to capture them recreating Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton’s kiss outside the Hôtel de Ville à la Something’s Gotta Give. Robert Doisneau’s black-and-white photograph of a couple kissing is perhaps the most famous French kiss, even if it was staged. At the main international station, the Gare du Nord, a parting embrace is de rigueur.

However, it seems that not all kissers are equal in the land of liberté, égalité, fraternité. A train guard from a major railway company has been suspended after allegedly shouting at a lesbian couple that their farewell embrace “cannot be tolerated”. He went on to tell the astonished and humiliated pair that it would have been fine for heterosexual couples to kiss. Now campaigners have insisted that the company, Thalys International, a French, Belgian, German and Dutch rail consortium that has featured a same-sex couple in advertising campaigns, apologises and ensures staff receive equality training.

What are people thinking nowadays? You might as well shout, "Can I be fired from my job now?" You are welcome to be openly bigoted as you want, but no company is obligated to keep you on the payroll. This man is lucky he was only suspended from his job.

Paris is where people – lovestruck locals and tourists alike – kiss. You can hardly take two steps down a rue or grand boulevard without seeing a couple smooching, often in the middle of the pavement.

Carrie and Mr Big chose the Pont des Arts for their kiss in the final episode of Sex and the City and visitors can hire a photographer to capture them recreating Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton’s kiss outside the Hôtel de Ville à la Something’s Gotta Give. Robert Doisneau’s black-and-white photograph of a couple kissing is perhaps the most famous French kiss, even if it was staged. At the main international station, the Gare du Nord, a parting embrace is de rigueur.

However, it seems that not all kissers are equal in the land of liberté, égalité, fraternité. A train guard from a major railway company has been suspended after allegedly shouting at a lesbian couple that their farewell embrace “cannot be tolerated”. He went on to tell the astonished and humiliated pair that it would have been fine for heterosexual couples to kiss. Now campaigners have insisted that the company, Thalys International, a French, Belgian, German and Dutch rail consortium that has featured a same-sex couple in advertising campaigns, apologises and ensures staff receive equality training.

What are people thinking nowadays? You might as well shout, "Can I be fired from my job now?" You are welcome to be openly bigoted as you want, but no company is obligated to keep you on the payroll. This man is lucky he was only suspended from his job.

Crazy people all over the world...

Mobilize the Gaystapo at once!!!!!! Crucify them!!!!!!!!

The company he works for didn't feel that his beliefs meshed with the public image they were trying to portray, and they made a business decision to fire him. The story will be forgotten a week from now, and he can find another job. I see nothing wrong with the way it went down.

The company he works for didn't feel that his beliefs meshed with the public image they were trying to portray, and they made a business decision to fire him. The story will be forgotten a week from now, and he can find another job. I see nothing wrong with the way it went down.

Bleh, I'm really sick of hearing about the poor homosexuals. I'll be glad when the fad is over

Thalyss is a big, big, big company. I travel with Thalyss about 2 times per month. They have a null-tolerance policy about any form of bigotry. The biggest in the industry (Deutsche Bahn, Thalyss, ÖBB, SCDC, etc) all pretty much have this same policy.

Bleh, I'm really sick of hearing about the poor homosexuals. I'll be glad when the fad is over
it's no fad ....

Thalyss is a big, big, big company. I travel with Thalyss about 2 times per month. They have a null-tolerance policy about any form of bigotry. The biggest in the industry (Deutsche Bahn, Thalyss, ÖBB, SCDC, etc) all pretty much have this same policy.

I wasn't familiar with the company until reading the article. It said they had ran an earlier ad with a same-sex couple. It's understandable that this man's public tirade would get him fired.

I wasn't familiar with the company until reading the article. It said they had ran an earlier ad with a same-sex couple. It's understandable that this man's public tirade would get him fired.

I'm sure the homos think it's just fabulous he got fired...that's how they roll

Homosexuality has to be the longest lived "fad" I've ever seen. I only sagged my pants for about a year.

I find it amusing that people like that think they can get away shit like that and suffer no repercussions.
the shit would hit the fan if the company set a RULE saying no one of any sexuality could show affection on their properly.

So, putting your medicinal needs aside, I see no one celebrating anyone getting fired. I see the adults on this thread discussing a theme and adding some information, as I did. One of those on this thread is not an adult, and that person would be you. All you are doing is trolling and since the moment you came to USMB, all you have done is to troll for all that it is worth.

Pay attention. Learn to debate honestly and like an adult.

Will all inherently repulsive behavior be forced to be tolerated by legal decree? Will people be forced by law to watch others defecate in public and those who refuse be branded as bigots and poop-a-phobes?
Homos need to get over themselves and consider others and be more tolerant of non-homos' sensibilities and nature. Hypocrites.

willful homophobia at it's finest!

Will all inherently repulsive behavior be forced to be tolerated by legal decree? Will people be forced by law to watch others defecate in public and those who refuse be branded as bigots and poop-a-phobes?
Homos need to get over themselves and consider others and be more tolerant of non-homos' sensibilities and nature. Hypocrites.

What exactly makes a kiss repulsive?

I'm completely against companies firing people for what they do or say on their own time, but I recognize their right to do so if they feel necessary. I do oppose the activists groups that are petitioning for him to be fired though. It's public bullying. These activist groups bully companies into firing those who offend their delicate sensibilities.

What exactly makes a kiss repulsive?
A kiss vs a sex act. You kiss your sister or your mother and you make out with someone you have sex with. Well, maybe not you but for the rest of us.

Shouldn't the man have a right to his beliefs if the queers have a right to theirs?

read post# 13...
nature favors homosexuality
Homosexuality, as natural as heterosexual sex
Nature s Homosexuality - Softpedia

When we say homosexuality is against nature, this is the biggest nonsense.

If we peek on nature, we'll see animal gays arising from any corner...

Homosexuality as an unnatural phenomenon can now be rejected scientifically.

From male killer whales that ride the dorsal fin of another male to female bonobos (dwarf chimpanzee) that rub their genitals together, the animal kingdom tolerates all kinds of lifestyles.

With more than 1,500 species displaying homosexuality, you can really have a chance to visualize the phenomenon!

And it has been confirmed from invertebrates (like crayfish and beetles) till the anthropoid (man like) apes.

The idea, however, is rarely discussed in the scientific community and is often dismissed as unnatural because it doesn't appear to benefit the larger cause of species continuation.

"I think to some extent people don't think it's important because we went through all this time period in sociobiology where everything had to be tied to reproduction and reproductive success," said Linda Wolfe, who heads the Department of Anthropology at East Carolina University.

"If it doesn't have [something to do] with reproduction it's not important."

However, species continuation may not always be the ultimate goal, as many animals, including humans, engage in sexual activities more than it's necessary for reproduction.

And as has been observed for tens of years that animals take drugs (see article bellow) and look for pleasure, why sex for pure pleasure would be so unnatural?

"You can make up all kinds of stories: Oh it's for dominance, it's for this, it's for that, but when it comes down to the bottom I think it's just for sexual pleasure," Wolfe told.

Conversely, some argue that homosexual sex could have a bigger natural cause than just pure ecstasy: namely evolutionary benefits.

Copulation could be used for alliance and protection among animals of the same sex.

In situations when a species is mostly bisexual, homosexual relationships permit an easier way to join a pack.

"In bonobos for instance, strict heterosexual individuals would not be able to make friends in the flock and thus never be able to breed," said Petter Bockman from University of Oslo.

"In some bird species that bond for life, homosexual pairs raise young. If they are females, a male may fertilize their eggs. If they are males, a solitary female may mate with them and deposit her eggs in their nest."

In Australian black swan, almost 25 % of the families are homosexual couples.

Male couples sometimes mate with a female just to get an offspring.

Once she lays the egg, they chase her away, hatch the egg, and raise a family on their own.

"Homosexuality" and "heterosexuality" are artificial terms defined by human society.

"Many species are hermaphrodites," Bockman said.

Hermaphrodites have both male and female sex organs and hermaphrodites can be encountered even among fishes.

A lot of marine species have no sex life at all, but just squirt their eggs or semen into sea.

Some creatures even reproduce asexually, by dividing themselves into two organisms.

In many species of lizards, females clone themselves.

Animal homosexuality, like human homosexuality, is challenging and poorly understood and scientific world still looks with shame upon the subject.

Many researchers don't even want to be linked with this type of investigation.

"I've had primatologists offer to give me their data on homosexual behavior because they didn't want to publish it," Wolfe said.

Forum List

Back