Frasier Reboot

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
It's horrible. I have tried to give it a chance but after the last episode, I have returned to the original one. This new reboot is NOT FUNNY. I have not laughed once. And I loathe the co stars.

Freddy: What an obnoxious dweeb he turned out to be. Very unlikable and makes a mockery of all fire fighters.
Eve: Who hired this unskilled "actress" She mugs for the camera, always knows where it is so she can get face time, has no personality whatso ever and brings nothing to the show. Oh. Wait. Diversity.
That Fawning Woman: the one that hired him to teach at the university. Just like Eve. Horrible actress.
David: A caricature of his father, Niles, and a bumbling fool as well as being very unlikable.
Alan, Frasiers new sidekick: NOT FUNNY. Droll. Boring.
Frasier Himself: stiff. No "umph" like he had before, but if he had decent co stars with talent, it may have been a semi better show.

Niles, Roz, Martin, Eddie, Lilith, etc...they all clicked. Worked together. And it was and will always be hilarious. Minus Daphne, who changed from a quirky funny woman to a bossy, snobby, bitter woman. When I get to the season where Niles finally gets her, I fast forward.

Overall...the show will not be renewed, is my guess. It sucks.

It's horrible. I have tried to give it a chance but after the last episode, I have returned to the original one. This new reboot is NOT FUNNY. I have not laughed once. And I loathe the co stars.

Freddy: What an obnoxious dweeb he turned out to be. Very unlikable and makes a mockery of all fire fighters.
Eve: Who hired this unskilled "actress" She mugs for the camera, always knows where it is so she can get face time, has no personality whatso ever and brings nothing to the show. Oh. Wait. Diversity.
That Fawning Woman: the one that hired him to teach at the university. Just like Eve. Horrible actress.
David: A caricature of his father, Niles, and a bumbling fool as well as being very unlikable.
Alan, Frasiers new sidekick: NOT FUNNY. Droll. Boring.
Frasier Himself: stiff. No "umph" like he had before, but if he had decent co stars with talent, it may have been a semi better show.

Niles, Roz, Martin, Eddie, Lilith, etc...they all clicked. Worked together. And it was and will always be hilarious. Minus Daphne, who changed from a quirky funny woman to a bossy, snobby, bitter woman. When I get to the season where Niles finally gets her, I fast forward.

Overall...the show will not be renewed, is my guess. It sucks.

I'm so sorry, but not surprised. I hoped it would be a success.

I was so eager for it to begin anew after he hightailed it after Charlotte. But, with Martin dying, Niles saying NO, that was the whole show right there. This new Frasier just ain't cutting it. He's paying A LOT to promote it, but too many think its as bad as I do. And now that all I do is watch TV, good shows are hard to come by. Too much "diversity" and "wokeness".

Look at MCU. They suck big hairy ones now too. All the really good story lines and great actors that didn't mug for the camera were either killed off or wandered away after Guardians 3. And now I heard they want to replace Peter Quill with Howard the Duck? And Groot is now the evil one trying to take over the universe aka Ego? This new generation has no clue what people want to see and all girl casts are BORING as well as talentless. Yuk.

I guess I will just stick with old shows where actors could ACT.

Agree with the OP on all points.
Not me, I think its a very good attempt given no original characters have returned. Its worth having the Frasier character back in order to see if a second season might attract some of the originals to return. Freddie WAS a dweeb as a kid so the grown up version can only be somewhat better. Its better than any other attempt at a reboot I have seen even if the new characters aren't all that wonderful.

Sorry to hear that , because Cheers and then Frasier gave American comedy a much needed boost in popularity and kudos over here and in their day .

Loved them both . Tremendously well written , acted and directed .

Always sad for the followers of the original series to see that another generation will not have the same experience and love bank that you enjoyed .

Sorry to hear that , because Cheers and then Frasier gave American comedy a much needed boost in popularity and kudos over here and in their day .

Loved them both . Tremendously well written , acted and directed .

Always sad for the followers of the original series to see that another generation will not have the same experience and love bank that you enjoyed .
You should watch an episode it's not as bad as it sounds here....

I like it well enough. It kind of picked up steam toward the later episodes. The first 3 or 4 episodes more about explaining where they are now, introducing and developing new characters etc. It doesn't have that biting intellectual banter that the first run of Frasier had, but it is decent as far as sitcoms go.

I've watched first two episodes of the new "Frasier". It's pretty good.
And I was especially glad to see Nicholas Lyndhurst, (the hero of "Only Fools and Horses" and "Goodnight Sweetheart"). I'm glad that after the death of his son in 2020 he was able to overcome his grief in the new work, although it affected his face.... All in all, recommended viewing.

Forum List

Back