Foxconn plant in Wisconsin! ................................Careful what you wish for?

Easy to understand why suicide is second on liberals list of causes of mortality...right behind abortion.

The guilt.

The overwhelming guilt....

feeling ever-so-guilty over the things their party demands they feel guilty for having enjoyed.

Jobs.

Homes.

Families.

Children.

Foxconn is a Taiwan factory.

Yes the teachers pensions is what it all about, I think the state gov and all state employees should now be on 401Ks and they can put their money in the market.

Republicans kill workers rights, unions, and for profit everything, from schools to prisons.

If Republicans kill workers rights, they why have they passed so many "Right To Work" laws in so many states? A person shouldn't be forced to join a labor union in order to work, and be forced to pay that union dues which mostly end up supporting Democrats running for office, or lining the pockets of union bigwigs.

Right to work, means they can pretty much fire you for any reason.
That's one aspect you of right to work though typically there are federal laws involved that stipulate the employer must have a valid reason for firing someone, I know, I've worked in right to work states where I hired and fired people. You want to keep your ass from being sued, you better have a valid reason for the firing.

Just change the job description and do a small layoff and get rid of who you don't need. Come on now, we know how that works.

We shall see.

"Walker, a Republican who is facing a difficult reelection next year, said the investment would create 13,000 jobs, with an average pay of $53,000 plus benefits. But the company said that it would be hiring 3,000 workers over four years. It added that it could eventually hire more but did not provide further details.

The governor also said his state would offer $3 billion in economic incentives to seal the deal. The high cost drew criticism from Democrats lawmakers in Wisconsin.

The deal was announced in the East Room of the White House, reflecting its political importance for Trump and Walker. But Foxconn has made splashy job announcements in the past that have not quite panned out.

In 2013, the company earned headlines for a plan to invest $30 million and hire 500 workers for a new high-tech factory in central Pennsylvania. The state’s governor boasted about the deal. Economists wrote think pieces explaining how this was the leading edge of a U.S. manufacturing renaissance.

But once the attention died down and the politicians moved on, Foxconn never followed through with its plans in Pennsylvania."

Foxconn announces new factory in Wisconsin in much-needed win for Trump and Scott Walker

So are you saying that it's better to have no jobs at all? I don't see the problem here, with Foxcomm moving to Wisconsin.
Gawd, you must be more stupid than that other one.

You may not understand this analogy, but I will try.

If you need a car and buy a good car, then you made a good deal.

If you need a car and buy a lemon, you've been tricked. The car has been misrepresented. BUT YOU STILL NEED A CAR. The need doesn't go away just because of a bad deal.

So what would be a good deal for the state of Wisconsin? A good car or a lemon. Remember, the lemon is still a car. It's just a bad deal.

Now try to think it through. Perhaps visit some of those links I posted. Learn something of value.
Unlike you I don't do pretzel logic........ Ya wanna see stupid? Look no further than a mirror. :thup:
Oh and I did "visit" all the links you posted but that's not the real issue here. The real issue is a combination of your confirmation bias and logical fallacy, confirmation bias is obvious in how you present/interpret the issue making definitive claims from a specific political (biased viewpoint) presented in the most negative light you can possibly present it in by simply doing nothing more than a political hatchet job on Walker.
As for your logical fallacy you appear to infer that because suicides have occurred at the Shenzhen plant they're obviously going to occur at the Wisconsin plant.

Well to be fair, there could be a lot of suicides if we lose the Superbowl again.
Who's we and what do you keep in your Superbowl? I used to keep potato chips in mine......... :eusa_whistle:

I keep cheese, beer, and jerked deer meat in mine.

Yes the teachers pensions is what it all about, I think the state gov and all state employees should now be on 401Ks and they can put their money in the market.

Republicans kill workers rights, unions, and for profit everything, from schools to prisons.

If Republicans kill workers rights, they why have they passed so many "Right To Work" laws in so many states? A person shouldn't be forced to join a labor union in order to work, and be forced to pay that union dues which mostly end up supporting Democrats running for office, or lining the pockets of union bigwigs.

That's one aspect you of right to work though typically there are federal laws involved that stipulate the employer must have a valid reason for firing someone, I know, I've worked in right to work states where I hired and fired people. You want to keep your ass from being sued, you better have a valid reason for the firing.

Just change the job description and do a small layoff and get rid of who you don't need. Come on now, we know how that works.
Sometimes that's what is needed to be done to get rid of someone especially deadweight, it's happened to me and the wife but was done for cost cutting reasons.

If you need a car and buy a lemon, you've been tricked. The car has been misrepresented. BUT YOU STILL NEED A CAR. The need doesn't go away just because of a bad deal.

So what would be a good deal for the state of Wisconsin? A good car or a lemon. Remember, the lemon is still a car. It's just a bad deal.

Now try to think it through. Perhaps visit some of those links I posted. Learn something of value.
Unlike you I don't do pretzel logic........ Ya wanna see stupid? Look no further than a mirror. :thup:
Oh and I did "visit" all the links you posted but that's not the real issue here. The real issue is a combination of your confirmation bias and logical fallacy, confirmation bias is obvious in how you present/interpret the issue making definitive claims from a specific political (biased viewpoint) presented in the most negative light you can possibly present it in by simply doing nothing more than a political hatchet job on Walker.
As for your logical fallacy you appear to infer that because suicides have occurred at the Shenzhen plant they're obviously going to occur at the Wisconsin plant.

Well to be fair, there could be a lot of suicides if we lose the Superbowl again.
Who's we and what do you keep in your Superbowl? I used to keep potato chips in mine......... :eusa_whistle:

I keep cheese, beer, and jerked deer meat in mine.
Jerked deer meat? Betcha that makes him happy........ :lol:

We shall see.

"Walker, a Republican who is facing a difficult reelection next year, said the investment would create 13,000 jobs, with an average pay of $53,000 plus benefits. But the company said that it would be hiring 3,000 workers over four years. It added that it could eventually hire more but did not provide further details.

The governor also said his state would offer $3 billion in economic incentives to seal the deal. The high cost drew criticism from Democrats lawmakers in Wisconsin.

The deal was announced in the East Room of the White House, reflecting its political importance for Trump and Walker. But Foxconn has made splashy job announcements in the past that have not quite panned out.

In 2013, the company earned headlines for a plan to invest $30 million and hire 500 workers for a new high-tech factory in central Pennsylvania. The state’s governor boasted about the deal. Economists wrote think pieces explaining how this was the leading edge of a U.S. manufacturing renaissance.

But once the attention died down and the politicians moved on, Foxconn never followed through with its plans in Pennsylvania."

Foxconn announces new factory in Wisconsin in much-needed win for Trump and Scott Walker

Wait a hold it: The article started out by reading "Walker, a Republican who is facing a difficult reelection next year.."

What "difficult reelection"? He won twice and even survived a recall. As of yet, there's not even a viable Democratic candidate willing to lose against him.

True, but it's also about diversion.

While the country is focused on Healthcare and Collusion, sneaky GOP cuts minimum wage

Funny, the GOP base complains they aren't paid enough, but fight to lower the minimum wage.

While the country is focused on Healthcare and Collusion, sneaky GOP cuts minimum wage

Funny, the GOP base complains they aren't paid enough, but fight to lower the minimum wage.

Boot 10 million illegal aliens, wages for low skilled Americans will rise.

Oh I highly doubt that.

Oh I highly doubt that.

Supply and demand doesn't work in your universe?

People so excited about a new Foxconn plant in Wisconsin. There is a lot to think about. Anyone know much about Foxconn? And how manufacturing today works?

First on Foxconn:

1 Million Workers. 90 Million iPhones. 17 Suicides. Who’s to Blame?

17 suicides? Mmmm, is that good?
Republicans are quick to point out, "But that's lower than the national rate". Course, I worked at the same company for 37 years and no one committed suicide while at work. Leave it to the GOP to see the "bright spot".

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg
Suicide prevention nets. BAM!

So where does the land in Wisconsin come from?

Mount Pleasant property owners are being asked to option their land for Foxconn

Foxconn will demand staggering government incentive package to land in Wisconsin

“Free land, subsidies, tax abatements, money to support research and development – anything that can be of value," Tangen said, echoing views expressed elsewhere among Asian analysts. Chinese authorities even subsidize minimum-level wages, which already are unimaginably low by American standards.

What is their record on building plants in the US?

Foxconn announces U.S. manufacturing plant in Wisconsin

In 2013, Foxconn said it would invest $30 million and hire 500 workers for a new factory in Pennsylvania, but that facility was never completed. Foxconn has another small operation in Pennsylvania.

Wisconsin state Senator Jennifer Shilling, a Democrat, questioned whether there is "legislative appetite for a $1 (billion) to $3 billion corporate welfare package... The bottom line is this company has a concerning track record of big announcements with little follow-through."

Obviously, with high tech, comes education. What is Wisconsin's history on education.

Scott Walker Takes A National Risk With State Education Cuts - NBC News

Scott Walker cut school funding more than any governor, Greater Wisconsin Committee claims

Gov. Scott Walker savages Wisconsin public education in new budget

So there it is. I hope the people of Wisconsin well, but I look at what Trump and Pence did with Carrier and the debacle that has turned out to be and I wonder if the GOP leadership is setting the people of Wisconsin up for the same kind of debacle but on a massive scale?

Thanks to the glories of Republican capitalism Foxconn will have to offer better jobs than people have now to potential employees before even one of them will agree work for Foxconn. We call this raising our standard of living. It is a good thing.

If it was a Democrat in the Governor's mansion you'd be singing his praises for bringing Foxconn to Wisconsin.......... :lol:

A Democrat would never do a deal like that. He would have exported jobs to China. The Governor we had before Walker lost quite a few job in this state.
Still don't understand do you? The jobs at the factory itself will be few. More and more of those jobs are automated. A US worker can't compete with wages of $173 a month. Maybe you could, but no one else.
The majority are short term construction. After that, they will need technicians and engineers. But those will be coming from outside of Wisconsin since the GOP cut so much from education.

Have you right wingers ever heard the words "big picture"? Do you know what that means?

Still don't understand do you? The jobs at the factory itself will be few.

Oh no! A few jobs. Awful, just awful!!!

More and more of those jobs are automated.

Corporations pay taxes. Just awful!

After that, they will need technicians and engineers. But those will be coming from outside of Wisconsin

Jobs for Americans? Just awful!

since the GOP cut so much from education.

Yeah, screw those teachers unions.

Have you right wingers ever heard the words "big picture"? Do you know what that means?

It means that we can laugh at your whining.
You mean you also want some help? OK, I'm retired. I don't mind:

They're awful if you have to spend billions on a few jobs. I know we can agree on that.

What does taxes have to do with telling people jobs that aren't coming back are? Besides, if they are no longer employing all those people, they can afford a little more in taxes. Don't you agree?

After that, they will need technicians and engineers. But those will be coming from outside of Wisconsin

What makes you think they will be for Americans?
Survey: GOP business executives want immigrant workers, not voters

When Charters Go Union

It's my duty to try to help you guys understand reality. This fantasy world the right wing lies in is dangerous. Look at Russia. Right wingers are wrong to admire Vladimir Putin. He's a murderer.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to teach you something of value. Let me know if you need links.

You mean you also want some help?

I don't need any help from you.

They're awful if you have to spend billions on a few jobs.

Like the Obama "stimulus"? Yes, that was awful.

What does taxes have to do with telling people jobs that aren't coming back are?

It has to do with you saying this factory is a bad idea.

Besides, if they are no longer employing all those people, they can afford a little more in taxes.

You want to raise our already highest in the world corporate tax rate?
That won't help create jobs here.

What makes you think they won't be for Americans?

It's my duty to try to help you guys understand reality.

You'd have to see it first. As a liberal, you aren't good at that.

Right wingers are wrong to admire Vladimir Putin.

Putin is a thug. Makes you wonder why Hillary and Obama were kissing his butt, eh?

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to teach you something of value.

Thanks for the laughs.
OK, you went off the deep end. Sad.

If it was a Democrat in the Governor's mansion you'd be singing his praises for bringing Foxconn to Wisconsin.......... :lol:

A Democrat would never do a deal like that. He would have exported jobs to China. The Governor we had before Walker lost quite a few job in this state.
Still don't understand do you? The jobs at the factory itself will be few. More and more of those jobs are automated. A US worker can't compete with wages of $173 a month. Maybe you could, but no one else.
The majority are short term construction. After that, they will need technicians and engineers. But those will be coming from outside of Wisconsin since the GOP cut so much from education.

So are you saying that it's better to have no jobs at all? I don't see the problem here, with Foxcomm moving to Wisconsin.

Or logic of any kind, apparently.

People so excited about a new Foxconn plant in Wisconsin. There is a lot to think about. Anyone know much about Foxconn? And how manufacturing today works?

First on Foxconn:

Republicans are quick to point out, "But that's lower than the national rate". Course, I worked at the same company for 37 years and no one committed suicide while at work. Leave it to the GOP to see the "bright spot".

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

Foxconn will demand staggering government incentive package to land in Wisconsin

“Free land, subsidies, tax abatements, money to support research and development – anything that can be of value," Tangen said, echoing views expressed elsewhere among Asian analysts. Chinese authorities even subsidize minimum-level wages, which already are unimaginably low by American standards.

In 2013, Foxconn said it would invest $30 million and hire 500 workers for a new factory in Pennsylvania, but that facility was never completed. Foxconn has another small operation in Pennsylvania.

Wisconsin state Senator Jennifer Shilling, a Democrat, questioned whether there is "legislative appetite for a $1 (billion) to $3 billion corporate welfare package... The bottom line is this company has a concerning track record of big announcements with little follow-through."

Obviously, with high tech, comes education. What is Wisconsin's history on education.

Scott Walker cut school funding more than any governor, Greater Wisconsin Committee claims

So there it is. I hope the people of Wisconsin well, but I look at what Trump and Pence did with Carrier and the debacle that has turned out to be and I wonder if the GOP leadership is setting the people of Wisconsin up for the same kind of debacle but on a massive scale?

Thanks to the glories of Republican capitalism Foxconn will have to offer better jobs than people have now to potential employees before even one of them will agree work for Foxconn. We call this raising our standard of living. It is a good thing.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Republicans want to cut the minimum wage.

Republicans don't believe in equal pay for equal work.

You have no idea what your party stands for, do you?

It means that we can laugh at your whining.
You mean you also want some help? OK, I'm retired. I don't mind:

They're awful if you have to spend billions on a few jobs. I know we can agree on that.

What does taxes have to do with telling people jobs that aren't coming back are? Besides, if they are no longer employing all those people, they can afford a little more in taxes. Don't you agree?

Survey: GOP business executives want immigrant workers, not voters

When Charters Go Union

It's my duty to try to help you guys understand reality. This fantasy world the right wing lies in is dangerous. Look at Russia. Right wingers are wrong to admire Vladimir Putin. He's a murderer.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to teach you something of value. Let me know if you need links.

You mean you also want some help?

I don't need any help from you.

They're awful if you have to spend billions on a few jobs.

Like the Obama "stimulus"? Yes, that was awful.

What does taxes have to do with telling people jobs that aren't coming back are?

It has to do with you saying this factory is a bad idea.

Besides, if they are no longer employing all those people, they can afford a little more in taxes.

You want to raise our already highest in the world corporate tax rate?
That won't help create jobs here.

What makes you think they won't be for Americans?

It's my duty to try to help you guys understand reality.

You'd have to see it first. As a liberal, you aren't good at that.

Right wingers are wrong to admire Vladimir Putin.

Putin is a thug. Makes you wonder why Hillary and Obama were kissing his butt, eh?

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to teach you something of value.

Thanks for the laughs.
OK, you went off the deep end. Sad.

Pointing out your shallow idiocy doesn't take much.

Oh I highly doubt that.

Republicans don't believe in supply and demand. They think it's a "wild liberal theory". You would know that if you read USMB right wing posts.

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Republicans want to cut the minimum wage.

Republicans don't believe in equal pay for equal work.

You have no idea what your party stands for, do you?

The correct minimum wage is zero.

Oh I highly doubt that.

Republicans don't believe in supply and demand. They think it's a "wild liberal theory". You would know that if you read USMB right wing posts.

Republicans don't believe in supply and demand.

We do.

They think it's a "wild liberal theory".

The only thing that's wild is liberals who think they've refuted it.

Oh I highly doubt that.

Supply & Demand is Supply Side Economics.

Forum List

Back