FOX and Dominion Don't Appear Ready to Settle Out of Court

Starts in a month
Will not be pretty for Fox

Dominion will become a major stockholder
Why would dominion settle?
They have hundreds of hours of Fox footage
The have dozens of text messages
They have depositions under oath.

Fox knew it's reporting was false and did so without regard to the harm it caused Dominion.

The three legs of slander are all present.
False reporting, knowledge the reporting was false, and total disregard for harm.

Any 1st defense is gone. At best Fox will hope a jury will award a small amount.
But I wouldn't bet on it.

Their lawyers retrieving those text messages is absolute gold, if nothing else, they have exposed this organization as fraudulent at its core. Of course, it doesn't matter to viewers.

Why would dominion settle?
They have hundreds of hours of Fox footage
The have dozens of text messages
They have depositions under oath.

Fox knew it's reporting was false and did so without regard to the harm it caused Dominion.

The three legs of slander are all present.
False reporting, knowledge the reporting was false, and total disregard for harm.

Any 1st defense is gone. At best Fox will hope a jury will award a small amount.
But I wouldn't bet on it.
Settlements usually require no admission of guilt and no disclosure of the terms

I think Dominion wants a public apology and admission that Fox lied about their product.
The money is not as important as Fox admitting guilt

Their lawyers retrieving those text messages is absolute gold, if nothing else, they have exposed this organization as fraudulent at its core. Of course, it doesn't matter to viewers.

The negative publicity and humiliation of Fox does more damage than any monetary award

Settlements usually require no admission of guilt and no disclosure of the terms

I think Dominion wants a public apology and admission that Fox lied about their product.
The money is not as important as Fox admitting guilt
Possibly but I'd think 1.6B plus fees and costs would get fox to do so.

After all, their audience wants the lies so who cares if Fox admits lying.

Forum List

Back