Fighting "Gentrification"

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Gentrification is a fancy new term used to describe the concept of cleaning up the Ghetto and moving taxpayers into the hood.

Black action groups hate the idea, as the Ghetto is their base of operations. Keeping their constituents in slummy, gang infested tenements makes it a lot easier to sell them on the idea that they are in desperate situations and can't possibly make it on their own.

Seeing the rich honky libs that move into the hood might give them ideas that if these morons can make a living, maybe they can to.

I can see why racists fight this concept of Gentrification.

Gentrification is a fancy new term used to describe the concept of cleaning up the Ghetto and moving taxpayers into the hood.

Black action groups hate the idea, as the Ghetto is their base of operations. Keeping their constituents in slummy, gang infested tenements makes it a lot easier to sell them on the idea that they are in desperate situations and can't possibly make it on their own.

Seeing the rich honky libs that move into the hood might give them ideas that if these morons can make a living, maybe they can to.

There's hardly anything new about the term...

On two occasions my son and his now wife lived in such an "improved area".
Both times they broke their lease at a substantial cost to get out. The last time thankfully broke the camels back when a gun fight broke out literally in front of their apartment.
So they bought a home in a nice established neighborhood.
They learned their lesson

Yep. Sorry to disagree, OP. It's not new. I have mixed feelings about gentrification. I like it as much as I like eminent domain. Not much at all.

Nothing new about it.

Both times they broke their lease at a substantial cost to get out. The last time thankfully broke the camels back when a gun fight broke out literally in front of their apartment.

It can work you just dont want to be the first ones moving in.
The Heights here in Houston is a good example.

It can work you just dont want to be the first ones moving in.
The Heights here in Houston is a good example.
Yeah...but all it really does is move the crime somewhere else. It doesn't lower crime, just relocates it.
Indianapolis has undergone major rises in crime, and through gentrification that has occurred all over the city - now the whole damn inner city is a cesspool. There are bad pockets in virtually all large apartment complexes, rather than those pockets being one large bad area.
Thus why the city is seeing a large shift of young middle classers moving back out of the city, reversing a trend of moving onto the city throughout the 2000s

Yeah...but all it really does is move the crime somewhere else. It doesn't lower crime, just relocates it.
Indianapolis has undergone major rises in crime, and through gentrification that has occurred all over the city - now the whole damn inner city is a cesspool. There are bad pockets in virtually all large apartment complexes, rather than those pockets being one large bad area.
Thus why the city is seeing a large shift of young middle classers moving back out of the city, reversing a trend of moving onto the city throughout the 2000s

I've found that only the trendy crowd moves into these reclaimed neighborhoods.
Most just move to the burbs where the property is cheaper and the crime is lower.
You can buy some very nice houses in Houston in the inner city,as in multi million dollar homes.
But you have ghettos a couple of blocks away.
No thanks, I'd rather live in the burbs where the ghettos are miles away rather than blocks.

My friends who live in the city exchange stories about all the different times their place was broken into. I knew another guy fixing up a cool old house the copper and wiring was stolen like three times.

I don't lock my doors even when I leave. Can't see my neighbors. Love the birds and critters.

Forum List

Back