Federal Judge Rules Officials Can't Refuse Marriage License

If they violate state law they should be relieved of their jobs and arrested. The SC has NOT ruled on this yet therefore its not new law its an opinion and we all have those

It looks like federal judges aren't going to allow Alabama to defy their ruling. Whether the homophobes in Alabama realize it, the federal courts overrule state probate courts.

The second largest county in Alabama started to comply with the ruling this morning. The rest of the counties are expected to follow suit.

Federal Judge Rules Official Can’t Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses in Alabama - WSJ
IMO...

There are only 3 reasons why people oppose gay marriage.

1. They're just supporting the Republican/conservative platform.
2. The thought of gay men kissing makes them feel icky or angry.
3. Because they think God said it's wrong.

The 1's...Many of these people go back and forth with a constitutional argument, even though the constitution doesn't address gay marriage, and the authors of the constitution couldn't have imagined that would ever be considered.

The 2's...These people embrace a very primitive reaction that has it's roots in a time where males who were not aggressive could be a liability to the tribe. While completely ignoring successful gay military commanders like Alexander the Great.

The 3's...The folks cherry pick anti gay scripture from the bible, and go on about "traditional marriage", even though gays being married does not put straight marriages in an inferior state, in any way.

The people that oppose gay marriage, and don't think they have any of these reasons at work in their opinions, are simply in denial...and I can dissect any argument, that anyone comes up with, within reason, and tie that argument securely to one of these 3 reasons.

My conclusion is that none of those 3 arguments support the legal validity of gay marriage bans.

My point is simple...it doesn't matter if you support or oppose gay marriage, because gay marriage bans are intellectually and legally unsound

If they violate state law they should be relieved of their jobs and arrested. The SC has NOT ruled on this yet therefore its not new law its an opinion and we all have those

A lower court ruled it unconstitutional. The state appealed to the supreme court. The supreme court refused to take the case. They tried to get a stay on the weddings but again, the supreme court denied it.

So the supreme court has already ruled in regard to Alabama.

The state law no longer exists so there's no state law to violate.

You can make up all the lies you want but it won't change reality.

It's ridiculous for some homophobes in the state to cause the state to have to spend more money in court if this has to go back to court county by county. The homophobes will lose every time.

The ACLU is prepared to have to take each county to court and it will cost the state of Alabama a lot of money each time they have to go to court to be convinced that they have to comply with federal judges.

But hey, in your mind it's ok to waste the taxpayer's money that way. Which is another reason why I will never believe any conservative is fiscally or economically responsible.

A lower court ruled it unconstitutional. The state appealed to the supreme court. The supreme court refused to take the case. They tried to get a stay on the weddings but again, the supreme court denied it.

So the supreme court has already ruled in regard to Alabama.

The state law no longer exists so there's no state law to violate.

You can make up all the lies you want but it won't change reality.

It's ridiculous for some homophobes in the state to cause the state to have to spend more money in court if this has to go back to court county by county. The homophobes will lose every time.

The ACLU is prepared to have to take each county to court and it will cost the state of Alabama a lot of money each time they have to go to court to be convinced that they have to comply with federal judges.

But hey, in your mind it's ok to waste the taxpayer's money that way. Which is another reason why I will never believe any conservative is fiscally or economically responsible.
A lone judge gave her opinion of it. And no the SC won't rule on it until June.

It looks like federal judges aren't going to allow Alabama to defy their ruling. Whether the homophobes in Alabama realize it, the federal courts overrule state probate courts.

The second largest county in Alabama started to comply with the ruling this morning. The rest of the counties are expected to follow suit.

Federal Judge Rules Official Can’t Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses in Alabama - WSJ
IMO...

The 1's...Many of these people go back and forth with a constitutional argument, even though the constitution doesn't address gay marriage, and the authors of the constitution couldn't have imagined that would ever be considered.

The 2's...These people embrace a very primitive reaction that has it's roots in a time where males who were not aggressive could be a liability to the tribe. While completely ignoring successful gay military commanders like Alexander the Great.

The 3's...The folks cherry pick anti gay scripture from the bible, and go on about "traditional marriage", even though gays being married does not put straight marriages in an inferior state, in any way.

The people that oppose gay marriage, and don't think they have any of these reasons at work in their opinions, are simply in denial...and I can dissect any argument, that anyone comes up with, within reason, and tie that argument securely to one of these 3 reasons.

My conclusion is that none of those 3 arguments support the legal validity of gay marriage bans.

My point is simple...it doesn't matter if you support or oppose gay marriage, because gay marriage bans are intellectually and legally unsound

oh brother. thinking about kissing you might make people feel that way.

my gawd you got an atta boy for that post filled with nothing but hate

The Probate Judge over Tuscaloosa County has announced that they will start issuing same-sex marriage licenses tomorrow morning. I have already sent my congrats to a couple who have been together 20 years and will finally be able to marry tomorrow. Long overdue.

The Probate Judge over Tuscaloosa County has announced that they will start issuing same-sex marriage licenses tomorrow morning. I have already sent my congrats to a couple who have been together 20 years and will finally be able to marry tomorrow. Long overdue.

I won't be surprised if the rest of the state is issuing licenses within a couple of weeks.

While the right wing homophobes on this board have no real concept of reality and our laws, or the courts. The counties of Alabama do and will comply with the judge's ruling.

Arrested for what exactly? Or is this a Conservative thing- the crime of following a federal judge's orders?

I won't be surprised if the rest of the state is issuing licenses within a couple of weeks.

While the right wing homophobes on this board have no real concept of reality and our laws, or the courts. The counties of Alabama do and will comply with the judge's ruling.

I think they will all fall in line within a week- they could argue that there was a legal conflict before, but the federal judge has made it very clear that the order applies to the probate judges.

IMO...

oh brother. thinking about kissing you might make people feel that way.

my gawd you got an atta boy for that post filled with nothing but hate

LOL......and you couldn't deny a single one of his points- other than to call his points hate........which is pretty ironic.

Forum List

Back