Federal appeals court deals blow to Obama's amnesty

We already have immigration laws that allow this. We don't let in a bunch of welfare losers of course which throws a monkey wrench into the left's traitorous plans.
no we dont. Look at H1B visas. The quota is announced in January and by February it is filled. To say nothing of ag workers. Visas are expensve and time consuming to get. The whole system needs to be made easier for people to come here to work and pay taxes and then go home.

Or the millions of able bodied welfare deadbeats can get off their lazy fat asses and do the jobs illegals are doing. There is nothing wrong with Americans working on farms, my first real job was working on a farm picking cabbage and moving irrigation pipes for $2 an hour, that provided ample motivation to move up and get a better paying job let me tell you. But these days in my area the illegals are building houses, roofing and drywall trades American workers used to perform. Certainly those sitting around on welfare could be doing those jobs right? I will say this about illegals they work hard and do good quality work.
The welfare deadbeats generally live in places like Cleveland while the ag work is generally in places like small town California. Yes welfare needs further reform but it is overly simplistic just to say "make welfare recipients do the work." Ag work is very tough.

Why is it okay for illegals to work hard and not Americans? Yes Ag work is hard, I see no problem with Americans working off their obesity by putting in a hard days work on a farm. Also illegals seem to have no problem getting to where the jobs are, those slackers in Cleveland can hop a bus to the Ag jobs, live on the farm like the illegals do for the season.
Hey go suggest it to them. See how that works out for you.

Take away the welfare, hunger works wonders. I know one thing its not right that I have to work overtime to pay the bills of able bodied people sitting around on their ass not working.

no we dont. Look at H1B visas. The quota is announced in January and by February it is filled. To say nothing of ag workers. Visas are expensve and time consuming to get. The whole system needs to be made easier for people to come here to work and pay taxes and then go home.

Or the millions of able bodied welfare deadbeats can get off their lazy fat asses and do the jobs illegals are doing. There is nothing wrong with Americans working on farms, my first real job was working on a farm picking cabbage and moving irrigation pipes for $2 an hour, that provided ample motivation to move up and get a better paying job let me tell you. But these days in my area the illegals are building houses, roofing and drywall trades American workers used to perform. Certainly those sitting around on welfare could be doing those jobs right? I will say this about illegals they work hard and do good quality work.
The welfare deadbeats generally live in places like Cleveland while the ag work is generally in places like small town California. Yes welfare needs further reform but it is overly simplistic just to say "make welfare recipients do the work." Ag work is very tough.

Why is it okay for illegals to work hard and not Americans? Yes Ag work is hard, I see no problem with Americans working off their obesity by putting in a hard days work on a farm. Also illegals seem to have no problem getting to where the jobs are, those slackers in Cleveland can hop a bus to the Ag jobs, live on the farm like the illegals do for the season.

Take away the welfare, hunger works wonders. I know one thing its not right that I have to work overtime to pay the bills of able bodied people sitting around on their ass not working.
No argument from me. Go back to the gold standard while you're at it. Dream big.

Obama gets stuffed....once again :)

Federal appeals court deals blow to President Obama’s amnesty

A federal appeals court upheld an injunction against President Obama’s new deportation in a rulingTuesday that marks the second major legal setback for an administration that had insisted its actions were legal.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled in favor of Texas, which had sued to stop the amnesty, on all key points, finding that Mr. Obama’s amnesty likely broke the law governing how big policies are to be written.

“The public interest favors maintenance of the injunction,” the judges wrote in the majority opinion.

Read more: Appeals court deals blow to Obama amnesty - Washington Times

last I checked, the ACA is still constitutional, freak show.

and perhaps you shouldn't get your legal analysis from a rag.

the decision does nothing more than keep the order in place pending a supreme court analysis.

you're welcome.

In a decision that seems likely to be challenged in the Supreme Court, a divided federal appeals court refused on Tuesday to permit the Obama administration to put into effect its new policy to temporarily spare more than 4 million illegal immigrants from being deported. The government, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled, has not made a case for going forward while the legality of the program is under review in the courts.

The two-to-one decision, leaving in place a federal judge’s nationwide order that forbids for the time being the enforcement of the policy announced last November, did not settle the legality of the program. That is a question that will come up later, with a hearing scheduled in the Fifth Circuit Court for the first week in July. Even so, the administration is free in the meantime to ask the Supreme Court to step in on the near-term status of the deferred deportation policy.

SCOTUSblog

I'm not sure we could expect any better from the Fifth Circuit in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi. That certainly isn't exactly a representative circuit. it certainly isn't the PRESIDENT getting "stuffed" as you so ignorantly put it.

you're welcome, loon.

okie dokie. :cuckoo:

A federal appeals court upheld an injunction against President Obama’s new deportation in a rulingTuesday that marks the second major legal setback for an administration that had insisted its actions were legal.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled in favor of Texas, which had sued to stop the amnesty, on all key points, finding that Mr. Obama’s amnesty likely broke the law governing how big policies are to be written.

“The public interest favors maintenance of the injunction,” the judges wrote in the majority opinion.

the decision does nothing more than keep the order in place pending a supreme court analysis.

you're welcome.

In a decision that seems likely to be challenged in the Supreme Court, a divided federal appeals court refused on Tuesday to permit the Obama administration to put into effect its new policy to temporarily spare more than 4 million illegal immigrants from being deported. The government, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled, has not made a case for going forward while the legality of the program is under review in the courts.

The two-to-one decision, leaving in place a federal judge’s nationwide order that forbids for the time being the enforcement of the policy announced last November, did not settle the legality of the program. That is a question that will come up later, with a hearing scheduled in the Fifth Circuit Court for the first week in July. Even so, the administration is free in the meantime to ask the Supreme Court to step in on the near-term status of the deferred deportation policy.

SCOTUSblog

I'm not sure we could expect any better from the Fifth Circuit in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi. That certainly isn't exactly a representative circuit. it certainly isn't the PRESIDENT getting "stuffed" as you so ignorantly put it.

you're welcome, loon.

Who said anything about the ACA?

:cuckoo:

No argument from me. Go back to the gold standard while you're at it. Dream big.

The gold standard, I just added you to my Christmas card list!!

you're welcome.

SCOTUSblog

you're welcome, loon.

The thread is about immigration,not the ACA......loon. But thanks for playing

The problem is they don't go home.

lets hope that all of these cases wont be dealt with till 2017 cause the Supreme Court is just too tied up with more urgent matters like the bruce jenner accident and kim kardashians butt debacle.

"Federal appeals court deals blow to President Obama’s amnesty"

This is both wrong and a lie, which comes as no surprise given the fact the OP and the Times are liars.

The president's EO in no way constitutes 'amnesty.'

And neither the merits of the case nor the constitutionality of the policy have been review by a Federal court; the ruling today concerned solely the issue of the stay.

That so many on the right have such a propensity to lie is sad and telling.

They dont go home now because getting back and forth across the border is tough. That's one of the issues. So the incentive is there to bring the family.
Back 20 years ago before all this border security men came north to take jobs, left the family, and came back home afterwards. we need to encourage more of that.

They dont go home now because getting back and forth across the border is tough. That's one of the issues. So the incentive is there to bring the family.
Back 20 years ago before all this border security men came north to take jobs, left the family, and came back home afterwards. we need to encourage more of that.
If they have a green card they can still do that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It is a long an expensive process to get a green card.

"
A federal appeals court dealt the Obama administration a defeat on Tuesday when it declined to lift a judge’s order blocking the president’s sweeping executive action on immigration.

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals sided with a Texas judge who issued an injunction preventing the programs from going into effect.

The order came after a group of 26 states filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of Obama’s immigration initiatives, which could protect millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally from deportation.

The appeals judges ruled two-to-one that the order must stay in place."

Obama suffers another defeat on immigration in federal court

Thank God the President is a Constitutional Scholar.

I don't know about that. Millions have already done it.

They stay because they CAN, and no one is making them go back.

Maybe we do need to revisit how many seasonal workers the US needs, but that still leaves the problem of the millions upon millions of them already here illegally.

I don't know about that. Millions have already done it.

They stay because they CAN, and no one is making them go back.

Maybe we do need to revisit how many seasonal workers the US needs, but that still leaves the problem of the millions upon millions of them already here illegally.
Millions have become naturalized citizens. So what? That leaves millions more who dont want to live here except for the job opportunities they can get as compared to their home countries. We can start to fix that. The problem of existing illegals is enormous.

Forum List

Back