Family Feud

Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Oh my...Bonzi Char is the favorite cousin to Salmon.
Salmon (wild Alaskan that is) is awesome...Char is better. So much so that people eating Char think they are eating Salmon.
Char is a little less "fishy" than Salmon, and slightly sweeter. Also the meat separates from the skin much easier than Salmon.
Try it sometime, just be sure it is wild caught and Alaskan.

Salmon (wild Alaskan that is) is awesome...Char is better. So much so that people eating Char think they are eating Salmon.
Char is a little less "fishy" than Salmon, and slightly sweeter. Also the meat separates from the skin much easier than Salmon.

Sounds yummy. I don't like salmon, seems "dry" to me something about it so Char might be a good second option.... I'm not a great cook so I'd have to find a good restaurant to try it out....

Sounds yummy. I don't like salmon, seems "dry" to me something about it so Char might be a good second option.... I'm not a great cook so I'd have to find a good restaurant to try it out....

Cooking Char is a cinch, and like Salmon doesn't need much seasoning at all.
Char is in season now...so go to a local seafood place or butcher store that also carries fresh seafood. SKIN ON.
Take a cookie sheet, put down parchment paper...lay the fish SKIN DOWN.
Preheat oven to 425...drizzle some olive oil over the fish...little salt and pepper.
Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of the filet.
When it is just about done you will see lots of little milky beads on top...check with a fork in the thickest part of the filet...it should easily flake apart.

Awesome....

NAME SOMETHING PEOPLE DO WITH BOTH HANDS

Steelhead...yum!

Forum List

Back