False Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some folks posting here that push falsehoods about other members. I wish the mods would step in and put a stop to this. It gets very annoying.
Not a violation except in very specific circumstances.

And there in lies the rub. Defamation is defamation, and it should not be allowed, but I understand the staff is not large enough here to keep up with it all. For instance, a couple years ago, someone started with calling me a Russian spy, maybe because I used to screw with this idiot troll from Russia named Sellivan who did nothing but come here touting the superiority of all things Russian and how inferior the West was. But I understand it is the usual crap the left pulls trying to troll people and get under their skin, so sometimes I ask them back if they are from China instead. It all gets pretty juvenile and leads to there being few actually intelligent, real discussions here.

Then the other day, another jackhole here accused me of trying to overthrow the US government. That is libel, and had he taken my dare to repeat that crap again, I know just the attorney who can get a court order to force this place to turn over his IP address to take him to court.

Kidding around and casual insults, silly bickering, name calling and sparing are one thing, but actual defamation and slander is taking things too far, and more than ceases to take the fun out of participating here.

Remember the time that we were having a discussion on gun rights or gun sales or something like that and you told me that you hoped that there were intelligence agencies on here keeping a strict eye on me?

I do. I'm cursed with a photographic memory. I still remember license plate numbers on cars from days ago. Rain man type shit. It's weird.

I have it bookmarked some place.

This is an anonymous forum. We do not know each other's identities.

As such, there can BE no libel.

There are all manner of posters who support one thing but then claim to support something else. There are all manner of posters here to deceive by pretending they are something they are not. We have posters representing special interests and posters trying to manipulate the perceptions of others and posters who are downright insane.as for me, I simply look at the pattern of rhetoric from any particular poster and pay attention to what they say as well as what they never say. I judge them on this pattern instead of whatever bull shit they claim about themselves.

This is an anonymous forum. We do not know each other's identities.

As such, there can BE no libel.

Legally speaking, you have much to learn about the modern, technological world and how it actually works.

Ignorance and arrogance are a dangerous combination. Self-destructive in most cases. It's not a matter of if. But when. But whatever.

Proceed...

:dig:

Last edited:
Remember the time that we were having a discussion on gun rights or gun sales or something like that and you told me that you hoped that there were intelligence agencies on here keeping a strict eye on me?
Actually, no, but if I said that, whatever your comment was to cause it must have been a real far-out lulu.

I do. I'm cursed with a photographic memory. I still remember license plate numbers on cars from days ago.
In this case, wouldn't that be an eidetic memory?

Actually, no, but if I said that, whatever your comment was to cause it must have been a real far-out lulu.

In this case, wouldn't that be an eidetic memory?

No, it was basic fundamental stuff. I think i was just opining about the similarities on the ''sides'' in terms of gun control.

It's alright. I don't hate you or anything. It was just something I remembered is all.

Think I might have been kind of a noob on here at the time. I was quite misunderstood in my early days here.

Hell...probably still am.

As long as nobody calls me a scoundrel, I'm good. That's the worst when somebody calls you a scoundrel.

Last edited:
if someone really wanted to press the issue, it wouldn't be much to subpoena the information.
Sure it would. There is an expectation of privacy on an anonymous message board.

I remember when DarkFury would talk such nonsense, and we all roundly mocked the shit out of him. . . deservedly so.

No judge would honor a subpoena to some whiny bitch for a civil liability case, when folks here have an expectation of privacy.

:rolleyes:

You can't libel an avatar. You can't hurt the reputation of a quasi-fictitious entity.

You are being ridiculous now, and trying to strip away the freedom of speech which nom de plumes afford to our membership.

stahp already.

Sure it would. There is an expectation of privacy on an anonymous message board.

I remember when DarkFury would talk such nonsense, and we all roundly mocked the shit out of him. . . deservedly so.

No judge would honor a subpoena to some whiny bitch for a civil liability case, when folks here have an expectation of privacy.

You can't libel an avatar. You can't hurt the reputation of a quasi-fictitious entity.

You are being ridiculous now, and trying to strip away the freedom of speech which nom de plumes afford to our membership.

stahp already.

You're guilty of suppression of freedom of speech.... there's that

No, it was basic fundamental stuff. I think i was just opining about the similarities on the ''sides'' in terms of gun control.

Well, maybe you have me confused with someone else and your memory isn't as good as you think because it takes a very high trigger for me to say something like that.

I mean, I have heard some people here say some downright seditious stuff that gives one pause to wonder if they aren't wrapped too tight or maybe might be the next kook out there to go postal or something.

Oh? So you want absolutely no rules, and no zones, just a free for all, is that it?

That is black and white reasoning. Every place needs SOME rules, But I'm not sure this place needs 250 of them! But the zone stuff is kinda whacked--- I almost never know what zone I'm in unless I make it constant point to check by scrolling far and wide away from the post I'm attending to, all the worse because they keep changing.

I have no idea where zone 2 is anymore and I guess zone 4 fell off the back of the meat wagon and got run over by zone 3.

That is black and white reasoning. Every place needs SOME rules, But I'm not sure this place needs 250 of them! But the zone stuff is kinda whacked--- I almost never know what zone I'm in unless I make it constant point to check by scrolling far and wide away from the post I'm attending to, all the worse because they keep changing.

I have no idea where zone 2 is anymore and I guess zone 4 fell off the back of the meat wagon and got run over by zone 3.

Whoever dreamed up that Zone crap is definitely a left loon

stahp already.

Whatever, man. Like I said. Not my circus. I'm just telling you what I know to be true because I've seen it happen first hand.

But no, I'm not trying to trip anyone's freedom of speech. Why would I do that? It would violate the very fabric of everything I stand for. And if there's anythin that I pride myself on it's consistency.

But we're not really talking about free speech anyway. If we were there wouldn't be a targeted effort to illustrate the difference between ''You'' and ''Us'' there in the TOS.

This ain't Main Street, man.

Anyway. I didn't really intend to debate the matter. I've no stake in it. As I said. Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back