Fact check: Prisoners also got relief checks from the pandemic bills Trump signed and Cotton voted for

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Washington (CNN)Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, a Republican, is attacking Democrats for passing a pandemic relief bill that will send money to prisoners.
"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Bomber, murdered three people and terrorized a city. He'll be getting a $1,400 stimulus check as part of the Democrats' 'COVID relief' bill," Cotton tweeted on Saturday to his approximately 142,000 followers. Cotton, who voted against the bill, posted a near-identical message on Facebook to his 308,000 followers there.
Cotton tweeted a similar message about Dylann Roof, the perpetrator of a 2015 massacre at a renowned Black church in Charleston, South Carolina. Cotton also asked on Twitter: "How will sending stimulus checks to murderers and rapists in prison help solve the pandemic?"

Facts First: Prisoners also received checks from both of the pandemic relief bills that then-President Donald Trump signed and Cotton voted for. Neither the bill Trump signed with Cotton's support in March nor the bill Trump signed with Cotton's support in December contained any language prohibiting prisoners from getting relief funding.
Fact check: Prisoners also got relief checks from the pandemic bills Trump signed and Cotton voted for - CNNPolitics
-----------------------------------------------
And I don't want checks to go to prisoners (by that I mean lifers), but what's good for the republicans are good for democrats, a lot of prisoner owe child support. LOL

Washington (CNN)Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, a Republican, is attacking Democrats for passing a pandemic relief bill that will send money to prisoners.
"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Bomber, murdered three people and terrorized a city. He'll be getting a $1,400 stimulus check as part of the Democrats' 'COVID relief' bill," Cotton tweeted on Saturday to his approximately 142,000 followers. Cotton, who voted against the bill, posted a near-identical message on Facebook to his 308,000 followers there.
Cotton tweeted a similar message about Dylann Roof, the perpetrator of a 2015 massacre at a renowned Black church in Charleston, South Carolina. Cotton also asked on Twitter: "How will sending stimulus checks to murderers and rapists in prison help solve the pandemic?"

Facts First: Prisoners also received checks from both of the pandemic relief bills that then-President Donald Trump signed and Cotton voted for. Neither the bill Trump signed with Cotton's support in March nor the bill Trump signed with Cotton's support in December contained any language prohibiting prisoners from getting relief funding.
Fact check: Prisoners also got relief checks from the pandemic bills Trump signed and Cotton voted for - CNNPolitics
And I don't want checks to go to prisoners (by that I mean lifers), but what's good for the republicans are good for democrats. LOL
Doesn't matter there is no reason in hell convicts should be covid relief checks

And I don't want checks to go to prisoners (by that I mean lifers), but what's good for the republicans are good for democrats, a lot of prisoner owe child support. LOL

Yup, welfare sucks, but you people still want everyone on it.

Stinking spineless hypocrite.

One hundred percent of any prisoner stimulus should go right to the prison to pay a portion of the cost to keep that inmate incarcerated. The mother and children are already getting stimulus of their own. Mexico has the right idea. Inmates get fed--period. Anything else they get is up to their families to provide.

Conservatives don't care about facts.

Conservatives don't care about facts.

Says the guy who believes a man can become a woman just by saying he is.

One hundred percent of any prisoner stimulus should go right to the prison to pay a portion of the cost to keep that inmate incarcerated. The mother and children are already getting stimulus of their own. Mexico has the right idea. Inmates get fed--period. Anything else they get is up to their families to provide.
I second this. Prison is supposed to be a punishment, not Buckingham Palace where anything and everything can be handed to a person on a silver platter.......on the other hand from what is being said in the news these days, Buckingham Palace isn't the place to be anymore either.

God bless you and Prince Harry and his family always!!!

Holly

Stinking spineless hypocrite.

Why because I don't necessarily want prisoners to receive stimulus checks do to we house them, and they receive medical and dental care.
------------------------------------------------------

Among the 45 states that provided data (representing 1.29 million of the 1.33 million total people incarcerated in all 50 state prison systems), the total cost per inmate averaged $33,274 and ranged from a low of $14,780 in Alabama to a high of $69,355 in New York. Eight states—Alaska, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont—had a cost per inmate above $50,000.14 Eighteen, mostly southern, states had costs less than $25,000, while 19 states had costs between $25,000 and $50,000 (see Table 1).
The Price of Prisons - The Price of Prisons - Prison spending in 2015 | Vera Institute

I second this. Prison is supposed to be a punishment, not Buckingham Palace where anything and everything can be handed to a person on a silver platter.......on the other hand from what is being said in the news these days, Buckingham Palace isn't the place to be anymore either.

God bless you and Prince Harry and his family always!!!

Holly

You fell for Megan and Harry's sob story. LOL

^^^ I am only saying that if his family can't respect the decision that he made when choosing his significant other, that is their problem and only their problem.

God bless you and him and his wife and their child always!!!

Holly

^^^ I am only saying that if his family can't respect the decision that he made when choosing his significant other, that is their problem and only their problem.

God bless you and him and his wife and their child always!!!

Holly

She was on the brink of suicide and he was missing his father growing up,

cry me a river!!

I could be mistaken but I do not recall anyone condemning the fact that prisoners got checks under Trump. I don't recall a single post.

There have been quite a few lately.

Why is that?

Trump had no choice but to sign it, the Democrats would've impeached him if he didn't. He did try to fight against it, because of the pork. Also that was passed when we were on almost complete shutdown. We aren't now, well maybe in liberal run shitholes.

They only got it during the Trump administration BECAUSE OF HOUSE DEMOCRATS

Republicans controlled the Senate but did nothing to stop it. They did not even offer a amendment to do so. You are a LYING WEASEL.
They had to COMPROMISE with House Demonrats. Sometimes, if you want to get hurting people money, you have to allow filthy Democrats to stuff the bill with unnecessary goodies for their special interest groups

I could be mistaken but I do not recall anyone condemning the fact that prisoners got checks under Trump. I don't recall a single post.

Why is that?
Democrats certainly never criticized it.
Personally, I didnt know about it until recently

Why is that?
Democrats certainly never criticized it.
Personally, I didnt know about it until recently

Yeah, no one cared. Why should Democrats criticize it?

Forum List

Back