ESPN's Politics-Riddled Awards Show Tanks in the Ratings

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
The ratings for “The 2020 ESPYs” are in, and they’re woeful, especially considering sports fans have been starved for content for more than three months.

This year’s ESPN awards show centered mostly on social issues, not sports, and could signal what fans can expect when the major sports return after being sidelined by the coronavirus pandemic.

The all-virtual show Sunday attracted a mere 482,000 viewers on ESPN and ESPN2, according to Sports Media Watch.

BJ's Pull quote

Apparently few sports fans want to be lectured with leftist platitudes about politics, racial injustice and other issues, which is what those who refrained from tuning in missed out on.

The purported sports award show was chock full of preaching about the Black Lives Matter movement and “white privilege” and praise for former NFL quarterback and national anthem protester Colin Kaepernick.

BJ - Yeah I think sports people are pretty quickly going to realize that most folk don't really give half a fuck what you think.

Politics should never be brought up in sports or in bed ... they destroy both of them.

I can't speak for everyone but I personally love having self important and delusional idiots like Megan Rapinoe shoved in my face incessantly....

I can't speak for everyone but I personally love having self important and delusional idiots like Megan Rapinoe shoved in my face incessantly....

But, womens' pro soccer is such a huge draw.

The ratings for “The 2020 ESPYs” are in, and they’re woeful, especially considering sports fans have been starved for content for more than three months.

This year’s ESPN awards show centered mostly on social issues, not sports, and could signal what fans can expect when the major sports return after being sidelined by the coronavirus pandemic.

The all-virtual show Sunday attracted a mere 482,000 viewers on ESPN and ESPN2, according to Sports Media Watch.

BJ's Pull quote

Apparently few sports fans want to be lectured with leftist platitudes about politics, racial injustice and other issues, which is what those who refrained from tuning in missed out on.

The purported sports award show was chock full of preaching about the Black Lives Matter movement and “white privilege” and praise for former NFL quarterback and national anthem protester Colin Kaepernick.

BJ - Yeah I think sports people are pretty quickly going to realize that most folk don't really give half a fuck what you think.
You watched it?

Havent put on bspn for a year or so. Uninstalled the app along with yahoo etc.

Anyone see how Brett Favre said the sacrifice kapernick is made is on the same level as Pat Tillman?

The dumbest statement I have heard a white man say in a long time.

Politics should never be brought up in sports or in bed ... they destroy both of them.
The media people are dumb idiots doing the bidding of those that control them.

Mainly the Chicom etc.

Forum List

Back