ESG Insanity

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
I had no idea of what ESG was until I heard a talk show host describe this morning. He said Coca Cola has no interest in supporting the craziness of acting white and being white. They are simply paying obeisance to Merrill Lynch and other investment firms who rate businesses on an ESG scale. (Environmentalist Social Government compliance)

COMPLY with the radicals, the communists. Men can be women. Being white is evil. Utilizing more energy to build tall fiberglass windmills on concrete bases with steel poles than the windmills will produce in their short 25 year life expectancies is irrelevant. Al Gore and his followers want them and that is that. Killing birds by the thousands - who cares. They don't work when there's no wind, who cares. They have to be de-iced by helicopters, I can't hear you, racist pig.

Fund companies including Vanguard Group, BlackRock Inc. and State Street Corp. that sell investment products in the European Union come under the new rules that took effect this month, though details are still being finalized.

“There are many issues to be resolved, it is causing anxiety,” said Rick Lacaille, global lead for environmental, social and governance investing at State Street, whose SPDR exchange-traded funds are some of the most popular.

Surging investor appetite for green investments means that rules on disclosure, both for traditional funds and those that call themselves sustainable, will become increasingly important.

I had no idea of what ESG

Why should we care that a random something triggered you again? After all, you're always triggered about something. Your masters keep you hysterical to keep you obedient. Very, very obedient. You're such a good little sheep.

Utilizing more energy to build tall fiberglass windmills on concrete bases with steel poles than the windmills will produce in their short 25 year life expectancies is irrelevant.

It's been pointed out to you directly that you're lying about that, but you still choose to tell the lie, over and over. That's why sensible people initially assume you're lying about everything, unless independent evidence indicates otherwise.

I had no idea of what ESG was until I heard a talk show host describe this morning. He said Coca Cola has no interest in supporting the craziness of acting white and being white. They are simply paying obeisance to Merrill Lynch and other investment firms who rate businesses on an ESG scale. (Environmentalist Social Government compliance)

COMPLY with the radicals, the communists. Men can be women. Being white is evil. Utilizing more energy to build tall fiberglass windmills on concrete bases with steel poles than the windmills will produce in their short 25 year life expectancies is irrelevant. Al Gore and his followers want them and that is that. Killing birds by the thousands - who cares. They don't work when there's no wind, who cares. They have to be de-iced by helicopters, I can't hear you, racist pig.

Fund companies including Vanguard Group, BlackRock Inc. and State Street Corp. that sell investment products in the European Union come under the new rules that took effect this month, though details are still being finalized.

“There are many issues to be resolved, it is causing anxiety,” said Rick Lacaille, global lead for environmental, social and governance investing at State Street, whose SPDR exchange-traded funds are some of the most popular.

Surging investor appetite for green investments means that rules on disclosure, both for traditional funds and those that call themselves sustainable, will become increasingly important.

How can 'so many so called' smart people be so F'in stupid!

The love of money is the root of all evil

I believe that manufacturing a gallon of ethanol as a gasoline additive requires burning a gallon of gasoline. So it's a net loss but it makes EnviroWackos feel good so.....

Just a quick thought: if it consumed more power to build a wind turbine than it will produce, their would be no profit in using them. Yet companies across the world (ie, both inside and outside the US) are making money hand over fist on wind farms. It's NOT all subsidies. The claim that a windmill requires more energy to build than it will produce in its lifetime is idiotic on its face and if you had an ounce of intellect you would have checked that point. It doesn't pass the sanity test.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

Just a quick thought: if it consumed more power to build a wind turbine than it will produce, their would be no profit in using them. Yet companies across the world (ie, both inside and outside the US) are making money hand over fist on wind farms. It's NOT all subsidies. The claim that a windmill requires more energy to build than it will produce in its lifetime is idiotic on its face and if you had an ounce of intellect you would have checked that point. It doesn't pass the sanity test.

No, they are making money from SUBSIDIES. When the subsidies are removed, the windfarms are shutdown.

The largest subsidy the wind turbine industry receives is the Renewable Energy Production Credit. It pays qualifying producers $0.015 (one-and-one-half cents) per kWh generated and is phased out over a period of ten years. The current average price of a kWh of energy in the United States is $0.1319 cents. The subsidy is thus equal to a maximum of 10.21% of gross. With the 10 year phaseout, the subsidy will be slightly over 5% of total gross and, of course, less if turbine operations last more than ten years (most are generally rated as having 25 year lifetimes). The general impression given by deniers on this forum is that those subsidies are the majority of the profit to be made from wind farms. The facts show that is not the case.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
I believe that manufacturing a gallon of ethanol as a gasoline additive requires burning a gallon of gasoline.

Those ethanol subsidies are the product of Iowa's outsized influence. Iowa goes first in the primaries, so politicians from both parties are required to say how much they love ethanol subsidies.

Last I checked, Iowa was a red state. Hopefully, Democrats will give up trying to appeal people who can't be appealed to. Rrual Iowans hate Democrats because of raging identity politics, not because of farm policy. Democrats saying they love ethanol won't gain any rural votes in Iowa.

The largest subsidy the wind turbine industry receives is the Renewable Energy Production Credit. It pays qualifying producers $0.015 (one-and-one-half cents) per kWh generated and is phased out over a period of ten years. The current average price of a kWh of energy in the United States is $0.1319 cents. The subsidy is thus equal to a maximum of 10.21% of gross. With the 10 year phaseout, the subsidy will be slightly over 5% of total gross and, of course, less if turbine operations last more than ten years (most are generally rated as having 25 year lifetimes). The general impression given by deniers on this forum is that those subsidies are the majority of the profit to be made from wind farms. The facts show that is not the case.

Germany ended the subsidies, and lo and behold the windfarms died. So much for them being so competitive.

Very close to one half of Germany's energy need is currently provided by wind turbines. The windfarms certainly have not "died".

Forum List

Back