Zone1 Embracing the Roma Identity: The Importance of acknowledging our roots

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Tramps and Thieves, A Real Gypsy Pay-off

I had even on this forum discussions with other people like frigidweirdo who told me if you do not want to be discriminated to not admitt to being a roma.

Importance of acknowledging our roots

The Negative Consequences of Hiding One's Identity​

Loss of Cultural Heritage​

When Roma individuals hide their identity, they risk losing essential aspects of their cultural heritage. Elements like language, customs, and traditions may be forgotten over time, creating a cultural gap within families and communities.

Psychological Burden and Sense of Shame​

Concealing one's identity comes with emotional consequences. Constantly hiding who they are can lead to feelings of shame, guilt, or even self-hatred.

Hindrance to Community Building and Activism​

Without openly embracing their ethnicity, Roma people cannot effectively advocate for their rights or create strong networks within their communities.

I had even on this forum discussions with other people like frigidweirdo who told me if you do not want to be discriminated to not admitt to being a roma.

Importance of acknowledging our roots

The Negative Consequences of Hiding One's Identity​

Loss of Cultural Heritage​

When Roma individuals hide their identity, they risk losing essential aspects of their cultural heritage. Elements like language, customs, and traditions may be forgotten over time, creating a cultural gap within families and communities.

Psychological Burden and Sense of Shame​

Concealing one's identity comes with emotional consequences. Constantly hiding who they are can lead to feelings of shame, guilt, or even self-hatred.

Hindrance to Community Building and Activism​

Without openly embracing their ethnicity, Roma people cannot effectively advocate for their rights or create strong networks within their communities.

What is culture? What is cultural identity? Do the Roma need to change their cultural identity in the modern era?

What is culture? What is cultural identity? Do the Roma need to change their cultural identity in the modern era?

I think they need to change some certain aspects, like things which would be considered criminal, like pickpocketing, theft, etc... that is criminal and people say that is roma culture, but i do not even agree it is "true" roma culture. I dont see for example something wrong with speaking the language? Just as example.

I think they need to change some certain aspects, like things which would be considered criminal, like pickpocketing, theft, etc... that is criminal and people say that is roma culture, but i do not even agree it is "true" roma culture. I dont see for example something wrong with speaking the language? Just as example.

Well, the thing is if they change the bad things, then the other things won't be an issue. Most people don't have very long memories, within a decade at most people probably wouldn't be suspicious if there were such a change.

Forum List

Back