Electoral College

Damaged Eagle

Behind blue eyes
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2015
I have hours, only lonely
images

The Electoral College is the last bastillion of the voice of the people. Without it the elite will ignore those districts that don't offer them a majority vote. Providing bread and circuses to the inner city will be the only thing required to gain office. The elite already ensure the safety of their offspring with legacy status for college entrance, college exemptions during times of the draft, and guaranteed job placements for their children once that child obtains a degree. We must stand firm on keeping the Electoral College in place to ensure the voice of the minority who asks for more of life, than the pathetic bread and circuses voted for in heavily populated districts, still has some say in government.

*****SMILE*****

:)

images

The Electoral College is the last bastillion of the voice of the people. Without it the elite will ignore those districts that don't offer them a majority vote. Providing bread and circuses to the inner city will be the only thing required to gain office. The elite already ensure the safety of their offspring with legacy status for college entrance, college exemptions during times of the draft, and guaranteed job placements for their children once that child obtains a degree. We must stand firm on keeping the Electoral College in place to ensure the voice of the minority who asks for more of life, than the pathetic bread and circuses voted for in heavily populated districts, still has some say in government.

*****SMILE*****

Yep. I don't think these people get the fact that the founders did not want the winner take all form of democracy in Greek city-states. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Who’s Bankrolling the National Popular Vote Movement

Popular-Vote-1250x650.jpg

I don’t think anyone is going to be surprised by this.

Care to take a guess who?

I’m not going to pinpoint anyone as this article points out far too many – every one of them a left-wing progressive. The goal is to ignore and override the 18th Amendment which called for Electors from every state to decide.

The National Popular Vote movement has never been a partisan movement. It is a bipartisan coalition of Republicans, Democrats, and independents who believe that every American voter should feel politically valued in every presidential election,” Anuzis said.

The former Michigan GOP leader noted that related legislation passed Republican-controlled legislative chambers in Arizona, Oklahoma, and New York. Of those states, only New York has joined the compact so far.

Much more @ EXCLUSIVE: Here’s Who’s Bankrolling the Popular Vote Movement

Yep. I don't think these people get the fact that the founders did not want the winner take all form of democracy in Greek city-states. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

upload_2019-3-27_14-4-41.jpeg

This is the reason we are a Constitutional Republic instead of a simple democracy.

No one from the rural districts would have a voice if the city dwellers decided to pass laws that force their will upon others who do not live in the city. What if they decided they wanted their food for free? Is the government going to buy out all the farms and ranches and manage them? What if they passed a law that everyone had to use public transportation? Like that would work in the rural districts... NOT! Not everyone has the same needs. The differences are especially noticeable between a city dweller and someone from the rural areas.

A lot of the great ideas that might work in the city just are not practical in the rural areas.

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back